Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a little Help with Daedalian.

Go down 
+5
Raven
Suguri
Courius
frizky
Havok
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

Need a little Help with Daedalian. Empty
PostSubject: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:40 am

I've been looking at Daed again and trying to decide which melee weapon to use, atm I have one squealer AM and the Daed BC sword.

However I also have the K Sword and of course dual red squealer AMs, sadly no jet hammer (Tried rolling the weapon gara, got some good stuff but no jet hammer)

What are some feasible melee options for Daed?
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:49 am

do you have Geograsis AM3?
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 am

put red Squaler AM (or Geograsis G AM Pilebunker if you have) on the dae for chasing target, then tune that BC sword, either grappler or gladiator depend you like wide fast swipe or 1 swing 1 kill, rest goes TGH since you goin recieved dmg alot with that sword
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:29 am

Either keep the setup you have now or swap the squealer arm for a k-shield (if you have one). Your other options aren't any better.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Alrighty cool, I do have K Shields, but I doubt I'd like the BC sword without the squealer AM lunge lol.

Thanks a ton for the help all! Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Havok wrote:
Alrighty cool, I do have K Shields, but I doubt I'd like the BC sword without the squealer AM lunge lol.

Don't rush like a mad man. Use it as anti-melee at your PS, or some skirmishes in between PSes.

Short Boost->BC sword. You won't get a damage bonus, but that doesn't take away from its AoE, knock back/100% stun, overall greatness.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:27 am

Raven wrote:
Havok wrote:

Don't rush like a mad man. Use it as anti-melee at your PS, or some skirmishes in between PSes.

Short Boost->BC sword. You won't get a damage bonus, but that doesn't take away from its AoE, knock back/100% stun, overall greatness.

Yeah I agree with you Raven, I find Daed as an awesome defender. Extremely good at swatting back rushing lands. Plus if you buddy up with a good art you don't have to worry about airs too much.

A majority of CBen players seem obsessed with kamikaze tactics from what I have seen (look at almost every vanguard, jinkun, squealer etc.), I prefer helping out the team in various ways Daed is good for this when my net is nice to me lol.

Aside for 40 tgh and a revenge tune, how important is wlk? Or should I just pile the rest of his cost into str or maybe even HP?
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Male Posts : 157

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:26 am

Ummm... B.C am doesn't have 100% knockback, and anything with sword guard can reduce the distance of the knockback by half if the am is used on it's own. I'd use the B.C am on a red squeler core for the 50% dmg bonus and the higher chance to knockback (when comboed with other sub weps it has a bigger/higher chance to knockback), use it along with K-sheild and your good to go. For the daed core use your red squeler am with a K-Sword. (40 tough, CV tuned , stun regain bot ) if you like to use wonder bits like me(dual riffle bits, with the dmg buff given in out numbered matches can be a bitch to low flying airs) str isn't as important walk because if you can run fast enough to survive air meta, you'll live to deal more dmg. So walk > str. If you can ex-tune your bots its highly recomended.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:27 am

DavidRain wrote:
So walk > str. If you can ex-tune your bots its highly recomended.

with that sword you goin idle some time after you swing it, so it not only recommended, but EX tunes is a need, go start spam mission nao!!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:49 pm

DavidRain wrote:
Ummm... B.C am doesn't have 100% knockback, and anything with sword guard can reduce the distance of the knockback by half if the am is used on it's own. I'd use the B.C am on a red squeler core for the 50% dmg bonus and the higher chance to knockback (when comboed with other sub weps it has a bigger/higher chance to knockback), use it along with K-sheild and your good to go. For the daed core use your red squeler am with a K-Sword. (40 tough, CV tuned , stun regain bot ) if you like to use wonder bits like me(dual riffle bits, with the dmg buff given in out numbered matches can be a bitch to low flying airs) str isn't as important walk because if you can run fast enough to survive air meta, you'll live to deal more dmg. So walk > str. If you can ex-tune your bots its highly recomended.

I'd like to throw out my two cents cuz I like doing that to people.

WLK>STR on L bots is rather controversial IMO. It's nice, but even if you're walking slightly faster, it's not gonna make much of a difference. The likelihood of you getting snagged by something with 32 WLK (if RS can even reach that high after tuning the hell out of his BC, cveil, and TGH requirements) is still pretty high. Also keep in mind, unless you have some sort of joints, your Daed will be sorely out of tuning slots. There's a really good reason why most of the Daeds that are famous in the servers, namely Bippu, and I believe Wadi or someone in EFB has a newly tuned one too thanks to the recent events, have wing amjs strapped to their RS cores. Hopping should help you get out of most places, and his core can be used for getting out as well; since you have 40 TGH, stun regain, and possibly cveil, almost nothing can stop you from using that core to run circles around people. Also, the lack of slots is why mos people recommend EX tunes on him.

**EDIT: After rereading what I just wrote, replace every "Daed" with "BC." It's a habit of mine to refer to his AM as his own core.. Though I know that sorely isn't ever the case.

That being said, most melees in this metagame are supposed to be spikers, especially of the L melee and Vanguard variety. Not that I'm advocating the cookie cutter build, but there's always a reason why a cookie cutter build becomes a cookie cutter build.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:19 pm

You don't need to tune WLK on a RS core, or even a Daed core. RS has short boost+cartridge step and Daed gets by fine with 25 WLK/1 FLY Boost Run.

STR and TGH take priority on these types of bots. I would like to point out right now however that if you're using a RS core with the intent of tuning 40 STR (highly recommended with BC sword) you will NOT get 40 TGH. Plain and simple. If you can get a RS to 40 STR/40 TGH without Capa tunes, then by all means prove me wrong. You won't be getting CV either.

My BC sword RS core gets exactly what I want done with 21 TGH until the room gets swarmed with AIRs.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 am

...... The walk>str was for the daed core with the K-sword. Rs doesn't have stun regain remember so that build won't work on red squeler bc. LoL read slowly. The reason why I said this is because you mentioned you had a K-Sword and BC am works better on a red squeler core. Comboing RS am with BC am is fine but the dmg is abit gimped thx to the punch not doing as much dmg. (Rs am dmg comes from the shock wave after the punch, the punch itself hits like a wet tissue, the shock wave's dmg is gimped by tough reduction, because the punch did damage first. Its hard to notice but you can test it if you don't believe.)
But yeah like you said ran out of slots for red squeler with BC am. Once you reach 21 tough(its quite easy to reach even without tunes at all) highly recomend you tune crimson veil. If you're like me lacking RT parts (special joint part) best to just tune crimson veil and leave tough as it is like what Bippu suggested in the other BC am topic. Tune Str but don't let your walk lagg behind.(21+ is easy with some acc and high beta tunes) short boost and boost run is highly recomended. Boost run is there because using cart step to retreat while people are attacking you is kinda crapy if CV does not activate. Cart step has charging time so best to use boost run.

So all in all:
Daed core works good as 40 tough,Crimson veil, stun regain tank, that smacks you with (25+ str) red squeler am and a K-sword with high walk(27++).
Red squeler core works good with a BC am and a K-Sheild. 40 str, 21+ walk (short boost and boost run is a must/highly recomended), and Crimson veil.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm

DavidRain wrote:
Boost run is there because using cart step to retreat while people are attacking you is kinda crapy if CV does not activate. Cart step has charging time so best to use boost run.
Short Boost into Cart Step works just fine for me on the retreat. Only time it doesn't is when there's an AG, Vector, or Buriden. In which case Boost Run isn't really going to help you either.

I also find that after tuning 40 STR and sword tunes, there isn't really room for Crimson Veil. Also, I personally don't feel it's necessary anyway because without 40 TGH and stun regain you're not gonna do much good from a survivability standpoint. Especially when your attack is one swing with a large delay/cooldown.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:47 am

Whatever floats your boat, I use boost run cause I like to run into the tunnels quick after the attack so I don't get alpha-ed to hell... Its all up to preference but I disagree with you about 40 str not having enough room for CV. I'll post up a build for 40 str CV with 21+ walk and 18-21 tough, red squeler BC after my computer is fixed. I'm using my ipod now so I can't post it yet. If you want to see why Boost run is usefull go check Bippu's video on youtube. He tuned CV once and has a nice chunk of str and walk.
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:04 am

What about JHam?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 am

Arti wrote:
What about JHam?
OP stated he doesn't have jham.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:52 am

Byne BD with asortment of 3 slotted UC parts(easier on the wallet as you don't need slot protectors). Tune for str and walk. Hop Hop and smack with J ham. K-Sheild is recomended. Make the bot small. Byne BD has nice tough so no need to tune it that much, just get to a comfortable spot. (Up to you which break point you want, but hopping with High walk makes it less important. So walk>tough.)
40 str with Fully tuned J-Ham hurts ALOT, tune Great Grapler twice and the third one is up to you, a third great grapler wont increase dmg as much as the first 2, so its up to you.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:01 am

DavidRain wrote:
Byne BD with asortment of 3 slotted UC parts(easier on the wallet as you don't need slot protectors). Tune for str and walk. Hop Hop and smack with J ham. K-Sheild is recomended. Make the bot small. Byne BD has nice tough so no need to tune it that much, just get to a comfortable spot. (Up to you which break point you want, but hopping with High walk makes it less important. So walk>tough.)
40 str with Fully tuned J-Ham hurts ALOT, tune Great Grapler twice and the third one is up to you, a third great grapler wont increase dmg as much as the first 2, so its up to you.
>using byne for jham when you have daedalian

wahaha
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:32 am

Daed for K-Sword. Unless you got 2 BD's. :O
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:26 pm

If you have a Jham why would you be using K-Sword on your Daed in the first place.

I have 3 daed BD's and 3 jet hammers. If I had more tuning materials I know what I would be doing right now.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 am

Byne BD is smaller than Daed's so hopping J-Ham would be easier Daed's BD is big and has stun regain better for K-Sword. It would be a waste not to use K-Sword. He mentioned he had it so I suggested it.
Honestly go with whatever you like I'm just stating that Daed core is pretty huge harder for me to dodge.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 5:16 pm

ngelicdark wrote:

I'd like to throw out my two cents cuz I like doing that to people.

WLK>STR on L bots is rather controversial IMO. It's nice, but even if you're walking slightly faster, it's not gonna make much of a difference. The likelihood of you getting snagged by something with 32 WLK (if RS can even reach that high after tuning the hell out of his BC, cveil, and TGH requirements) is still pretty high. Also keep in mind, unless you have some sort of joints, your Daed will be sorely out of tuning slots. There's a really good reason why most of the Daeds that are famous in the servers, namely Bippu, and I believe Wadi or someone in EFB has a newly tuned one too thanks to the recent events, have wing amjs strapped to their RS cores. Hopping should help you get out of most places, and his core can be used for getting out as well; since you have 40 TGH, stun regain, and possibly cveil, almost nothing can stop you from using that core to run circles around people. Also, the lack of slots is why mos people recommend EX tunes on him.

**EDIT: After rereading what I just wrote, replace every "Daed" with "BC." It's a habit of mine to refer to his AM as his own core.. Though I know that sorely isn't ever the case.

That being said, most melees in this metagame are supposed to be spikers, especially of the L melee and Vanguard variety. Not that I'm advocating the cookie cutter build, but there's always a reason why a cookie cutter build becomes a cookie cutter build.

that would be me... and i can tell you now... i dont play like bippu... mine is different

oh... btw... its not high walk...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a little Help with Daedalian.   Need a little Help with Daedalian. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a little Help with Daedalian.
Page 1 of 1