Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with Ouka Tunes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saix7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Saix7

Male Posts : 11

Help with Ouka Tunes? Empty
PostSubject: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:39 pm

After looking at a lot of threads in the forum I just decided to ask out right: what should I tune for my Ouka? I got her from the rare gara event so it's a Dayu but it has the sword just like normal Ouka. For now this is what I have:
Spoiler:

I just can't tell if it's alright or if it can be improved a lot.

I was also wondering if any Ouka users could maybe give me a few tips to use her better just to be sure I'm doing it right.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:56 pm

It can be better.

Other than the fact that your WB will be gone in a second, TEC does have a use for Ouka, and it's her main. It's not something you'll use very often, but it helps to have something to hit someone you're pursuing or someone who's attacking you from a distance. Also, WB's can help Ouka so much when you're in a tight spot - believe me.

I don't know why you've done Beta and plain Run tunes, and all those Great Power tunes. Just do Alpha tunes - use plain tunes if you're trying to hit top-tier boost run. Great tunes are usually to milk more stats if you've got the right amount of cost. They're not really cost efficient.

And if you had TGH at around 11 or so, Tough Runner would somewhat help you out, but it's not needed. Your TGH would give you roughly around 18 TGH w/ Tough Runner, so swap it out for another cart such as Stealth System or Short Boost.

And swap out your bit for some slayer / dual slayer or something.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Belongs in Gameplay Questions.

Thread moved, strike two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:48 pm

Here's the thread, I asked the same question months ago. Please don't post in it.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5965-lxe-apologizes-for-his-existence-need-a-guide-for-ouka

This is probably the best build without capacity tunes.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Saix7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Saix7

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:24 pm

That build is about what I was looking for. My only question is why short boost?
Also I'd never necro a thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Saix7 wrote:
That build is about what I was looking for. My only question is why short boost?
Short boosts allows to you "hop" and shoot your air slashes, dodge enemy attacks and to jump over gaps when escaping.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:46 pm

Inb4 LXE realizes this is Ouraikiri dayu, and lacks the ability to equip LGJ's, or a 2nd BS.
Back to top Go down
Saix7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Saix7

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Yeah I noticed he put a second booster, but I made a build that was as close as possible.

Having boost run and short boost together wouldn't kill the boost too much I take it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Trill wrote:
Inb4 LXE realizes this is Ouraikiri dayu, and lacks the ability to equip LGJ's, or a 2nd BS.
Shocked
Gasp!
Saix7 wrote:
Having boost run and short boost together wouldn't kill the boost too much I take it?
No, you can bypass the use of short boost by double tap and hold.
Short boost only happens if you double tap and not hold.

Last edited by LXE on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saix7
Newcomer
Newcomer
Saix7

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Alright I know what I want to do now. Thanks LXE
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 am

Short Boost on melee bots is usually used to help you gain some altitude so you can hit AIRs low enough to slash. Ouka might be harder to do this with due to her poor range compared to other melee bots / parts such as Vanguard or Geograsis pilebunkers. It can also be used to evade and get across some obstacles easily.

And I think LXE was misunderstanding your question on if Short Boost and Boost Run will kill your boost meter - It will if you use them often. Although using Boost Run from Short Boost won't kill your meter much (unless you get quick land), Boost Run to Short Boost will. Take note of your meter when you use them together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 am

Asagi-san wrote:
And I think LXE was misunderstanding your question on if Short Boost and Boost Run will kill your boost meter - It will if you use them often. Although using Boost Run from Short Boost won't kill your meter much (unless you get quick land), Boost Run to Short Boost will. Take note of your meter when you use them together.
You misunderstood my answer.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 am

Maybe.

Anyway, that was just my two cents on the question at hand.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Actually, if you Boost Run for a while and then use Short Boost (provided you have some gauge left), between the landing time and the time before your Boost Run starts again you gain boost gauge a little past where it was when you initially hopped. Without quick land of course.

Unless I'm just seeing things.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Yeah, short boost without quick land lets you recover some of your boost. With quick land, you're not recovering any at all, but burning it more.

And I be typing this at Pomona library, ahue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Ouka Tunes?   Help with Ouka Tunes? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with Ouka Tunes?
Page 1 of 1