Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vanguard Axer Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eridian
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eridian

Female Posts : 208

Vanguard Axer Question Empty
PostSubject: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 pm

My VA is finally max level. That means it's time to tune. I understand that he needs high walk/tough/strength. I made a hopping VA if that makes any difference to this.

Here's my question. Why is it a bad thing to put slow tunes on VA? I've had a couple of players tell me it's not a good idea. Is that because it's better to tune high strength or am I missing something? Can it not be done? I'll admit, I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the Cosmos Pot. I've only tuned one bot so far. I apologize in advance for my noob-like behavior.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

they refer to the number of swings in a certain amount of time or per his combo

slow tunes are usually done on weapons with multiple swings in a short amount of time, like ouka sword or frau adones legs, to some degree a fencer also works
personally if i wanted slowtune i would just do it, but its propably not the most efficient tune on his 3 hit combo
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:14 pm

cuz u don't need slow if u can kill enemies in one combo/3hit :/
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:40 pm

Because you hit like a truck as a vanguard and should be killing anything you catch. You don't need to slow something that's already dead.

That and Axer doesn't land many hits per combo, slow would barely ever activate.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:20 pm

30 cost much better suited for any of the Grappler series, or even more stat tunes.

Save Slow for stun locking melee.
Back to top Go down
Eridian
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eridian

Female Posts : 208

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Okay, thanks for the help. That makes sense. I'll save the slow tunes for another bot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:11 pm

My VA thread is still active, just drop in and have read through it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vanguard Axer Question   Vanguard Axer Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Vanguard Axer Question
Page 1 of 1