Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need some help with vanguard axer build

Go down 
+6
aosepsa
Isdelft
Fuwakomoriya
LazFlamme
Hellshake Yano
Meet ze puncake
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

Male Posts : 38

need some help with vanguard axer build Empty
PostSubject: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 am

So i got axer from anniversary gara, and i have no idea how to tune it. Can somebody share a build or tell me what stats i should reach.
thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:06 am

Meet ze puncake wrote:
So i got axer from anniversary gara, and i have no idea how to tune it. Can somebody share a build or tell me what stats i should reach.
thanks in advance
[Robot Name]
Vanguard Axer

[Parts]
BD: Vanguard BD2
 : Axe Bit(default)
 LG: Vanguard LG2 [High Capacity] [High Capacity] [EX Great Tough Alpha]
 HD: Vanguard HD2 [EX High Run Beta] [EX High Run Beta] [EX High Run Beta]
  HDAC: Lafiel Gear [EX Great Run Alpha]
  FCAC: Recording Cam [EX Great Run Alpha]
 BS: Rear Wing BSJ [EX Power]
  BS: Brave Drive BS [EX High Run Beta] [EX Great Run Beta] [EX Great Tough Alpha]
 AM: Vanguard AM2 [EX Great Power Alpha] [EX Great Power Alpha] [EX Great Power Alpha]
  WP: Two Handed Axe [Great Grappler Alpha] [Great Grappler Alpha] [Great Grappler Alpha]

[Config Check]
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK
AURA: OFF

[Stats]
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: M
COST: 1355
CAPA: 1365
HP: 625
STR: 40
TEC: -11
WLK: 36
FLY: -6
TGH: 22

LEVEL: 10

[Cartridges]
Capacity +60×7
Enhance Internal Weapon
Sword Guard
Tough Runner

[Material]
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×4
Midoro Cosmos×28
Yoguru Cosmos×10
Threede Cosmos×3
Blue Chip×95
Yellow Chip×60
Green Chip×115
Rainbow Chip×40
Power Amp×856
Engine Shaft×867
Brake Damper×34
Strike Metal×60
Drum Magazine×29
Shock Graphite×33
Snail Liquid×79
Prism Glass×400
Hard Plate×22
Hulk Meteorite×22
Steel Wheel×200
Miracle Ammonite×80
Shining Feather×80
Generic Element×185
Superior Element×52
Tough Element×30
Power Element×50
Run Element×85

that is what i have untill now
Back to top Go down
Hellshake Yano
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Hellshake Yano

Male Posts : 662

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:09 am

Hello pun
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:03 am

First, DON'T use Vanguard HD2 as Axer benefits nothing from it whatsoever.
Second, you can only have 10 EX tunes (whaddaya have there, 13 EX tunes??)
Third, I'm not sure about this, but 52 speed on axe seems pretty slow to me.
Fourth, Rear Wing BSJ is expensive as fuck.
Fifth, since when did I qualify to give people advice?

I'm assuming you own Lafiel, so I built this in a hurry. Not even the perfect build, but whatever:
Back to top Go down
Fuwakomoriya
Police Is Watching You
Police Is Watching You

Male Posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:14 am

i always wanted a fencer/axer but i have too many things now to build one...

How i would build mine:
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:45 am

thanks a lot, and i didn't knew about the 10 extunes. and this is my first time i used cosmiccalc.
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:17 am

also, what core tune IV should i put on it, CC+ or something like vengance blade?
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 6:34 am

i donno if VA have superarmor when attacking , if yes , cc+ is not a good choice to take

Edit : please delete your dupe topic too , thanks
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Hello, this is a message from person who runs Vanguard Fencer/Axer a lot and have full-tuned build.

As for my personal opinion, I usually find EIW cartridge inefficient and cost-taking. You can take Sword and Blast Guard to make Vanguards survive a lot longer and more tanky.

First, keep at least 1 FLY to make your Movement Cartridge alive and useful. Here is why...

What you really need for Axer is mobility actions. Since axer's attack style is jab - uppercut - air slam, which are efficient attacking tool for frontal attacks, you will most likely focus on bursting through enemy groups with those attacks. So I recommend taking Short Boost to make his aerials covered up too.

As for Lv.4 Core tune, go for CC+, not only it allows you to burst through your opponent with CVeils, but also good on dogfighting.

I see you put Brave Drive BS there. It is one of greatest BS option for axer to fly around (+ Short Boost combo will make it more efficient) and smack them with great amount of damage. But since he can drop some of TGH values, you can try for using Ritter LazFlamme BS3(Ritter LazFlamme is on shop, so check it out) as same functionality of Brave Drive BS for cheaper cost and same stats.

Vanguards don't need Capa tunes at all. Not only his general Capa is high enough to put weapon tunes and stat tunes maxed up, but also his spare capas are covered with maxing out Capacity cartridges. Put more revenge tunes(Clearance and CVeil) at least 2 for them.

It is up to you to choose what mecha parts you want to give for your axer, but I highly recommend having Bugsycait Boom's HD(Bugsycait HD2; Cost 35, HP 25, STR 2, TEC -1, WLK 2, TGH 2) and Ritter LazFlamme LG(LazFlamme LG2; Cost 30, HP 20, STR 1, TEC -1, WLK 2, FLY 1, TGH 1, Additional BS slot attachable)parts from SHOP

And finally, here is my build if you wish to take notes on.

need some help with vanguard axer build UqXENbo

Actions speak louder than words.

Quote :
Third, I'm not sure about this, but 52 speed on axe seems pretty slow to me.

For heavy hitters like axer, speed is irrelevant. Also it doesn't matter once you use Power Gain to boost your attacking speed.

Quote :
i donno if VA have superarmor when attacking

Actually, he does have super armor while "uppercutting", but just for a brief moment.

With CC+, axer can cover lots of frames with CVeil around jab - uppercut moments
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:07 pm

so I'll ask
how does clearance and c.veil work together
6% & 6% to proc each or 12% to proc either
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Whatever it fits for luck of RNG

If I get CVeil, I go CVeil.

If I get Clearance, I go Clearance.

Very simple.

Revenge Tunes do not stack each other, or so I think. So probably 12% of either one
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 8:44 pm

aosepsa wrote:
Hello, this is a message from person who runs Vanguard Fencer/Axer a lot and have full-tuned build.
charz has a fully tuned Resha and plays her a lot but is he a good source of information on Resha?
aosepsa wrote:
I usually find EIW cartridge inefficient and cost-taking.
This is only true if you want to rush into the enemy base and die instantly most of the time while doing little damage. Sword and Blast guard are good ideas though, so it comes down to how you play.
apsepsa wrote:
Since axer's attack style is jab - uppercut - air slam, which are efficient attacking tool for frontal attacks, you will most likely focus on bursting through enemy groups with those attacks. So I recommend taking Short Boost to make his aerials covered up too.
Axer's combo is mostly vertical, so it's not very good for dealing with groups when you crowd dive. He only has a horizontal range of 15 or so, so you'll mostly only be hitting people in a straight line, rather than a bunch of people in a wide area. The reason we take short boost is to deal with low flying AIRs who are too dumb to be flying higher than your reach, which is what Short Boost helps you deal with. The fact that it grants additional mobility while you attack is just an add-on and nothing more. saying we need mobility actions for Axer, then suggesting putting G-Graps on it that lowers it's speed is a contradicting proposal in it's own right.
aosepsa wrote:
dogfighting.
You do know that a dogfight is two airs going at each other right? Axer is not an AIR.
aosepsa wrote:
For heavy hitters like axer, speed is irrelevant. Also it doesn't matter once you use Power Gain to boost your attacking speed.
Grapplers are generally a good idea on vanguards because they inherently have a high force. However, taking Grapplers on Vanguards makes them very slow and more predictable. Taking gladiators and taking grapplers are two equally viable strategies. A grappler axer will always do more damage - That's a solid given. However, a gladiator axer will be kited a lot less often and have a generally easier time securing kills from faster targets.
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:56 am

so who should i listen too now?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:57 am

Anything I didn't point out that was wrong/misleading in Omega's post. (ie: Listen to both him and I)
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 am

Can somebody give a build like that, if I make it myself it will be ruined again.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:56 am

Meet ze puncake wrote:
Can somebody give a build like that, if I make it myself it will be ruined again.

that's just spoon-feeding,

ATM@ I think it's best you build-ed it B/c if someone else gives you a build, the build gonna circle around their play-style. The purpose of a build is to Customize it to your taste ((Inb4 to bring out its potential))(either works)
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:06 pm

that's going to be a junked axer, thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 pm

>the build is centered around a locked part
>said part is doin exactly one thing
>It is about your own style dude
wat

imo just listen to astral/omega.
Back to top Go down
Meet ze puncake
Meet ze puncake

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:06 pm

my style is the one that gets you killed within 5 seconds, that's why i gave up now.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:29 pm

Because you're trying to do Omega's style rather than Astral's style. (I don't immediately jump into a crowd randomly slashing about, I run around looking for lone targets to pick off)

If you really want to learn about how to tune things and build things, give this a read: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVBthJysZ4lER6fUaOqxtZ4kIohuFCG5PQ0eoff_uKg/edit?pli=1
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
>the build is centered around a locked part
>said part is doin exactly one thing
>It is about your own style dude
wat

imo just listen to astral/omega.

Your style doesnt always mean the way you build it ._., it also means the way you play it like Astral Stated ._.

Stop trying to eat me Onion Saku has Million Reasons to Snap back and Eat you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need some help with vanguard axer build   need some help with vanguard axer build Empty

Back to top Go down

need some help with vanguard axer build
Page 1 of 1