Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.

Go down 
+7
blead
FreedomFighter
ziix
Skyr
Asagi-san
Suguri
Havok
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. Empty
PostSubject: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 pm

So my gf secretly charged 100 rt onto my account and rolled three times (I had 20 extra) and BAM Alba and Lancer! I was shocked lol.

I am assuming fly first + float dash/moving burst/internal x2 for Alba, not sure what weapons to give him due to me not owning dugdriver AMs. Would speed tuned toybox arms be a decent substitute or do they hang too low? Also what would be a good balance of stats to aim for/how to tune his head?

With the Lancer I am considering a 40 tgh build, but I wonder if 33 wlk would be better overall. I might be able to tune for both if I get lucky but I think its unlikely. Would 40 tgh be a waste on such a small bot?

One more thing, will the crimson veil revenge tune override his own buff?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

You're on the right track with both bots.

C.Veil won't override vanguard's buff.

I don't know much about alba builds so I won't comment, all the ones I've seen either alpha with dugdriver/gathima arms or use shield + blast/middle zook.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Suguri!

I noticed the Lancer's Lance has low force for a Vanguard, seems like it chases very well though.

Even with the lack of force I enjoy playing him a lot. Cool

Would range tuning the lance actually increase the distance it hits?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Gladiator tunes (+range/speed) increase the distance you travel during melee, and the speed of the entire overall attack animation. So you won't increase the lance's actual range, but you'll increase the distance you travel and how quickly you travel it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Lancer has the lowest core tgh and the less offensive stat distribution between the three.
Keep in mind if you plan on tuning him.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Since you don't have Dugdriver AMs for your alba, you could get regular AMs that have decent increases to your TEC and FLY - I'm currently using Hoverion Magna AMs. Stick a rapid tuned blast zook on him, and you'll be able to take on Seraphs, provided you can aim well.

Toybox AMs are good; it's just that they're homing, and due to the anti-homing on Seraphs, I just find guided weapons unreliable these days. Besides, you have your internal AA missiles. Those things murder any AIR without anti-homing.

As for the alba HD, you can tune it for paralyze; it'll stop bots on the spot. But be aware that since the HD requires charging, you won't be firing while you're moving with moving burst. The charge will instead take place, and you'll be at a standstill when you're firing. Also, the HD is rather costly, so if you're going to try to max out the stats on your alba, you're going to have to replace it for another HD.

Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Doesn't float dash work with walk? Since he has more walk to start off with.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Cori wrote:
Lancer has the lowest core tgh and the less offensive stat distribution between the three.
Keep in mind if you plan on tuning him.

Yeah I just looked over his parts and he is the exact opposite of the other vanguards, good parts meh core.

Speed and Range tuning could be interesting on the lance though to maximize the already big lunge it has, May just use the lance as extra stat tune slots though.

As for Alba I am in luck I have a blast zook and the LL variant, will be sure to try out a few diferent weapon combos. Smile

EDIT:

Skyr wrote:

Is this true? But I spose that would impair your normal flying abilities. Fly > Wlk on Alba I am guessing (This version gets boost run at level 1, unsure about the normal)

Also so this means you can have Crimson Veil/Overdrive at the same time? If so most def putting a revenge tune in his legs. If I do put crimson veil and tune for tgh would stun regain be worth it?

Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:45 am

more tgh+stun regain=more hp regain, and it works with CV.

Also, since i don't want to make a new thread, what should I do with Lancer? 40tgh? D:
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 am

ziix wrote:
more tgh+stun regain=more hp regain, and it works with CV.

Also, since i don't want to make a new thread, what should I do with Lancer? 40tgh? D:

wait, high Tgh will made Stun Regain recover more HP? i though the number of HP recover was fixed.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 am

You lose less hp. That means you gain more. o_O
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 am

There was no fix -_- In fact there are too many theories floating around.

Theory as it stands for me:

Stun regain heals % dmg done. Doesn't factor in tgh reduc.

Higher tgh reduc reduces dmg to 1. You heal for like 4. You gain 3 hp per hit. Tada. HP regain. Esp since everyone will be hitting you.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:58 pm

Skyr wrote:

It combines wlk and fly (or so I've heard, seems to be true), which is why you can catch up to 38fly airs with it.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:00 pm

Both are used to determine speed, but Fly is the main factor in it.

As for both, what you have going will probably be the best route. A bit concerned with the build your trying on Lancer, as his attack lacks a wide attack arc like effect unlike Fencer and Axer, and would probably be bad at attacking large groups because of this. Havent seen his air combo, but if it does pretty well, I'd take shortboost/quick jump for anti air purposes.

I feel like lancer is definately the more defensive based of the three so far :v
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:07 pm

Intet wrote:
Skyr wrote:

It combines wlk and fly (or so I've heard, seems to be true), which is why you can catch up to 38fly airs with it.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Trill wrote:
Both are used to determine speed, but Fly is the main factor in it.

As for both, what you have going will probably be the best route. A bit concerned with the build your trying on Lancer, as his attack lacks a wide attack arc like effect unlike Fencer and Axer, and would probably be bad at attacking large groups because of this. Havent seen his air combo, but if it does pretty well, I'd take shortboost/quick jump for anti air purposes.

I feel like lancer is definately the more defensive based of the three so far :v

The Lancer is not as good at destroying a group, but I have noticed that you can pretty much choose a target to die, very rarely does anything escape its grasp due to his lunges. Plus with how he moves you get shot less (Then the Fencer at least, I don't own an Axer so would not know). One thing I did notice though is his locked arm stats are pretty good.

Regardless he's a Vanguard and those get shot a lot so I feel like tuning tgh and making him harder to kill would benefit him more then just full out attack suicides, I could be totally wrong though.

Surprisingly good at taking out airs too. Sorta like squealer with much more reach and faster attacks.

Now if only the build calc would update, so useful. ;_;
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:06 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
There was no fix -_- In fact there are too many theories floating around.

Theory as it stands for me:

Stun regain heals % dmg done. Doesn't factor in tgh reduc.

Higher tgh reduc reduces dmg to 1. You heal for like 4. You gain 3 hp per hit. Tada. HP regain. Esp since everyone will be hitting you.

i wanna question who ever program all of this and made all formula, why they can't make thing simple Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Keeping mechanics under wraps exposes less bugs and loopholes. If you were a game developer, you would understand. Having your players free reign to abuse and expose holes in the way you imagined the world to be=most of the time, bad. Also, a lot of the times, players find loopholes you wouldn't think of =S
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Just curious with Laza generally is it better to you aim through the psygun and alpha, or just use the primary anti air missiles when fighting airs?
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:03 pm

You're better off using the primary AA missiles when you're fighting AIRs; they deal consistent damage, have good homing, and they can flinch your target. If you're fighting against a seraph with anti-homing, however, use your psygun and / or any unguided weapons.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Psygun also doubles as a screw off weapon against fast bots that feel the need to get close to you.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:22 am

Intet wrote:
Psygun also doubles as a screw off weapon against fast bots that feel the need to get close to you.

the bot doesnt need to be fast, it simply hits anything that gets close enough to you, well ok, i didnt test it on something with less then 15 walk yet >.> (at least not knowingly)
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 am

I just mentioned fast ones cause it will find them. The beam is pretty big so it does well even against slower ones, but conventional weapons will also work for slow pokes as well.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 11:51 am

So 40 tgh Lancer with stun regain/CV revenge tune would likely work fairly well? Providing I can get some decent wlk(33 hopefully), I don't want boost run due to the fact he can actually kill airs providing he has a full boost guage.

Also does anyone know if overdrive counters the speed/range tunes?

Surprisingly I am enjoying the VL more then the VF so far. I like his single target lockdown abilities.

As for Alba, quite happy with a blast zook/viper shield atm. Gives him a good blend of weaponry. However makes he very weak to any alpha art. Really want to jump on the dugdriver bandwagon if I manage to roll it. Regardless very fun bot to play.

Btw thanks a ton for the help everyone Smile, will likely have more questions as I start playing them more lol.

EDIT: One thing I have been meaning to ask but did not want to make a new topic for it is, how hard are EX tunes to obtain? Considering trying to give Alba 600-700 hp even if it takes a long time.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 6:26 pm

A long...long..long time. Honestly unless you were dispatching every day, and were hella lucky, it'd probably take you months to finish building that bot. If not years. You shouldn't build solely on EX tunes, if at all.

Think of EX tunes as bonus. Want reliable HP? Find a cost efficient build that has extra cap to spare, then pile on the HP. Works on most of my bot builds.

Hence why I try to put an underline on cost efficient now for builds. That extra 50 cap could mean a difference between having 400ish HP (average) to 450ish (comparable to a L sized bot).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.   Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help. Empty

Back to top Go down

Albatreos Laza and Vanguard Lancer build help.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next