Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build

Go down 
+3
Malphes
Trill
Skyr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

Male Posts : 280

Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build Empty
PostSubject: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:24 pm

ORANGE TIER BOOST RUN

【Robot Name】
Sturbanger

【Parts】
BD: Sturbanger BD2
 : Missile Bit(default)
 : Scorpton LG [High Run] [High Run] [High Run]
 : Aquila HD [High Run] [High Run] [High Run]
  : Dayu Hair Ornament
  : Autumn Earrings
 : Victory BS [High Run] [High Run] [High Run]
 : Amateus AM [High Run] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Viper Shield
 : Amateus AM [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Burst Shotgun

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: L
COST: 1285
CAPA: 1285
HP: 400
STR: 2
TEC: 31
WLK: 38
FLY: 3
TGH: 15

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +50×6
Enhance internal weapon×2
Shell Guard
Boost Run

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×15
Red Chip×50
Stabilizer×45
Engine Shaft×130
Guide Circuit×35
Snail Liquid×110

The Burst Shotgun is really useful at damaging and stunning close range melee.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Do you actually make these builds? If so, then more power to you, but it seems like you're pumping these things out faster than I can read them...

I feel like sturbanger is better made fly based, though. You'll never outrun a good land, so having high fly to simply avoid them all together is probably the best solution.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm

Trill wrote:
Do you actually make these builds? If so, then more power to you, but it seems like you're pumping these things out faster than I can read them...
he probably makes a new bot whenever he gets bored. i do the same thing.

some go better than others.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Yea most of I do though they are not all lvl 10 yet and some are out of curiosity . (most of them are above 5 though)
Most L lands actually focus more on TGH and STR more than WLK. For example, my Saggi can out run most L sized lands. Though some do go up to 40 wlk, but not many

But if you insist, then how about short boost?
【Robot Name】
Sturbanger

【Parts】
 : Missile Bit(default)
 : Katana Max LG [High Boost] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : Accel Saber HD [High Boost] [High Boost] [High Boost]
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Monocle
 : Amateus BS [High Boost] [High Boost] [High Boost]
 : Suzeku AM [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]
  : Burst Shotgun [Force]
 : Suzeku AM [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta] [High Boost Beta]
  : Viper Shield

【Config Check】

【Stats】
COST: 1280
CAPA: 1280
HP: 425
STR: 1
TEC: 29
WLK: 1
FLY: 39
TGH: 12

【Cartridges】
Capacity +50×6
Shell Guard
Short Boost

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×15
Ones Cosmos×1
Red Chip×50
Yellow Chip×30
Stabilizer×18
Turbo Charger×121
Strike Metal×4
Drum Magazine×95
Guide Circuit×14
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Personally I only like fly based ART when you have access to quick land, helps more in getting around.

@Trill, you'll have the same problem with either route, fly makes for easier time to escape to higher ground and exploit elevated areas. Wlk keeps you moving constantly, making you hard to catch in the first place. Both work, just different play-styles.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:56 pm

Trill wrote:

I'm sure he does Trill. If I can make 20+ builds in about 2-3 days with a few hours of free time each, I'm sure he can too.

Anyway, back to OT:

Are you trolling me with that shell guard? Why is that even there? Beam guard should be the one you're looking at, since most likely, you'll be outranging most blast related weaponry (unless a hopper comes your way). IMO though, a seraph picking on a sturbanger (hello antihoming~) is more likely to occur for this situation.

FLY or WLK; I think it depends on your weaponry choices it looks now. Preferably, I prefer WLK on my bots (flying up into the air and then landing without quick land=melee has you for lunch). You state here that the shotty stuns LNDs; do yourself a favor and keep it so that you can keep backpedaling while stunning em in their faces. If you do it long enough, most smart players will know to back off and score another free frag, or to lose their life soon after they're done killing you. Or, you don't get hit at all Very Happy A lot of melee can be dodged simply by flying over them: I remember a Shino Nitro spammer tried to pick on my Dest in a lvl 5 room (so you understand this is how derp (and thus most) players act)... End of story: The guy died to my bazooka, and I only got hit once Very Happy Go figure. Oh yah. It was stock Destructor with like 10 FLY XD

But then you say, oh but then FLY sounds better because you can jump over people's heads; true dat, but what if the dood in question was a VA with an uppercut hmm? I don't think that tactic works.

Now here's the conundrum. If you say, okay ngel, you make sense; let's go with the boost run idea. But while you boost run, your aim is already shifted downwards (and when you boost run backwards, you run much slower). So unless you play with enough foresight to keep this in mind (this will affect both your backpedal strat as well as missile volleying at AIRs; your missiles might hit ground if the terrain is sloping upward steeply), don't try. Or do try so that you do end up being more aware of your aiming Very Happy Which will definitely help you aim better.

Personally, I'd say fuck both the guards though, and go straight for short boost+boost run. Short boost can help you get added height that you might need, screw up some aim, and screw up some melee who expect sturbanger to be a derp missile coffin. That, and it's always lol.

That and a few more things:

1) Try to tone that TEC down for the short boost. Also, dual rifle bits >>>>> missile bit. Go for them. I know you're going to be like, but I'm going to miss that damage... Trust me, living to shoot another missile>>>that 2-3 damage loss per hit that you're probably going to lose to TGH reduc anyway.

2) See if you can adjust to that 16 TGH. You'll need it because as a big ART, melees will come after you. Unlike normal Toyboxes and whatnots, you're going to be soft on the tough reduc. You need as much as you can get.

3) If he does have it, and you're willing to, grab broad radar. Prevention is better than cure; foresight is better than pressing the oh shit button. I'd be willing to cut down on a cap cart (holy crap what are you saying??) if I could fit that orange boost run, short boost, 2 EIW and weaponry for that cart. Hey, you'd also cost less that way when you die Very Happy

Last edited by ngelicdark on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Psycho Formula HD2.

It's missing from this thread...
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:01 pm

I recall Suguri mentioning in Shaft's Psycho thread that unless it was tuned for 3x Great Range, it wouldn't be worth it. IMO, it's the same story here; this stur already has its cap tight on having such high walk. I don't think it's worth the guidance on the missiles/shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Trill wrote:

I'm sure he does Trill. If I can make 20+ builds in about 2-3 days with a few hours of free time each, I'm sure he can too.

Anyway, back to OT:

Are you trolling me with that shell guard? Why is that even there? Beam guard should be the one you're looking at, since most likely, you'll be outranging most blast related weaponry (unless a hopper comes your way). IMO though, a seraph picking on a sturbanger (hello antihoming~) is more likely to occur for this situation.

FLY or WLK; I think it depends on your weaponry choices it looks now. Preferably, I prefer WLK on my bots (flying up into the air and then landing without quick land=melee has you for lunch). You state here that the shotty stuns LNDs; do yourself a favor and keep it so that you can keep backpedaling while stunning em in their faces. If you do it long enough, most smart players will know to back off and score another free frag, or to lose their life soon after they're done killing you. Or, you don't get hit at all Very Happy A lot of melee can be dodged simply by flying over them: I remember a Shino Nitro spammer tried to pick on my Dest in a lvl 5 room (so you understand this is how derp (and thus most) players act)... End of story: The guy died to my bazooka, and I only got hit once Very Happy Go figure. Oh yah. It was stock Destructor with like 10 FLY XD

But then you say, oh but then FLY sounds better because you can jump over people's heads; true dat, but what if the dood in question was a VA with an uppercut hmm? I don't think that tactic works.

Now here's the conundrum. If you say, okay ngel, you make sense; let's go with the boost run idea. But while you boost run, your aim is already shifted downwards (and when you boost run backwards, you run much slower). So unless you play with enough foresight to keep this in mind (this will affect both your backpedal strat as well as missile volleying at AIRs; your missiles might hit ground if the terrain is sloping upward steeply), don't try. Or do try so that you do end up being more aware of your aiming Very Happy Which will definitely help you aim better.

Personally, I'd say fuck both the guards though, and go straight for short boost+boost run. Short boost can help you get added height that you might need, screw up some aim, and screw up some melee who expect sturbanger to be a derp missile coffin. That, and it's always lol.

1) Try to tone that TEC down for the short boost. Also, dual rifle bits >>>>> missile bit. Go for them. I know you're going to be like, but I'm going to miss that damage... Trust me, living to shoot another missile>>>that 2-3 damage loss per hit that you're probably going to lose to TGH reduc anyway.

2) See if you can adjust to that 16 TGH. You'll need it because as a big ART, melees will come after you. Unlike normal Toyboxes and whatnots, you're going to be soft on the tough reduc. You need as much as you can get.

3) If he does have it, and you're willing to, grab broad radar. Prevention is better than cure; foresight is better than pressing the oh shit button. I'd be willing to cut down on a cap cart (holy crap what are you saying??) if I could fit that orange boost run, short boost, 2 EIW and weaponry for that cart. Hey, you'd also cost less that way when you die Very Happy

When I said build, I mean actually tune/level and the whole schebang. Not just throw the parts together in preparation for a build.

And as for buildwise, I'd still say to take fly over walk. You eleminate the need for boost run, you still have good mobility, and you have easier times positioning yourself. Psycho Formula HD2 is an essential part of this build, even if its just 1-2 range tunes. 3x G. Range puts you in the 500+ range, meaning you can safely shoot from way out of melee sight (combine this with broad radar and you can be firing on a target before they even see you). Psycho Formula HD2 builds do better with more missles (alpha striking with a shotgun wont do too well) so if you have Dugdriver AM's, those are nice.

Even 3x Range tunes (basic Range) puts the range at 427, while his core only has 300, greatly improving firing distance for only 95 cost (80 is base cost + 25 cost for tunes). Thats just Range tunes. Upping those to High Range gives you 481 range, at 110 cost. Great Range is finally 537 range at 140 cost total. You can adjust the tunes to fit your build.

Psycho Formula HD2 lets Sturbanger fire at a more comfortable range, eliminating any blindspot issues his missles may have. This works in tandem nicely with fly too, as many high perches are normally too far away for sturbanger to fire from.

EDIT: Decided to make a build for the above mentioned;

【Robot Name】
Sturbanger

【Parts】
 : -
 : Thoarla LG [Boost] [Boost] [Boost]
  : Maril March BS [Boost] [Boost]
 : Psycho Formula HD2 [Great Range Alpha] [Great Range Alpha] [Great Range Alpha]
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings [Boost]
 : Maril March BS [Boost] [Boost] [Boost]
 : Dugdriver AM [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 : Dugdriver AM [High Boost Alpha] [Boost] [Boost]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
HP: 440
STR: 8
FLY: 31
TGH: 16

【Cartridges】
Capacity +50×6
Short Boost
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×11
Fudara Cosmos×3
Threede Cosmos×3
Yellow Chip×30
Black Chip×60
Turbo Charger×82
Scope Lens×27
Drum Magazine×21
Acid Gel×45
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh I see what you mean :< My mistake. I inferred it otherwise considering Skyr hasn't leveled em all up to 10 yet =S

Didn't know that about Psycho HD. Pretty cool. Need to get one maybe one day.

Also, I believe Skyr plays with limited RT last I checked. Does he have dugdriver/psycho HD2? o.o

Solid build though. Encapsulated all I said.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

Trill wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:
Trill wrote:

Anyway, back to OT:

When I said build, I mean actually tune/level and the whole schebang. Not just throw the parts together in preparation for a build.

And as for buildwise, I'd still say to take fly over walk. You eleminate the need for boost run, you still have good mobility, and you have easier times positioning yourself. Psycho Formula HD2 is an essential part of this build, even if its just 1-2 range tunes. 3x G. Range puts you in the 500+ range, meaning you can safely shoot from way out of melee sight (combine this with broad radar and you can be firing on a target before they even see you). Psycho Formula HD2 builds do better with more missles (alpha striking with a shotgun wont do too well) so if you have Dugdriver AM's, those are nice.

Even 3x Range tunes (basic Range) puts the range at 427, while his core only has 300, greatly improving firing distance for only 95 cost (80 is base cost + 25 cost for tunes). Thats just Range tunes. Upping those to High Range gives you 481 range, at 110 cost. Great Range is finally 537 range at 140 cost total. You can adjust the tunes to fit your build.

Psycho Formula HD2 lets Sturbanger fire at a more comfortable range, eliminating any blindspot issues his missles may have. This works in tandem nicely with fly too, as many high perches are normally too far away for sturbanger to fire from.

EDIT: Decided to make a build for the above mentioned;

【Robot Name】
Sturbanger

【Parts】
 : -
 : Thoarla LG [Boost] [Boost] [Boost]
  : Maril March BS [Boost] [Boost]
 : Psycho Formula HD2 [Great Range Alpha] [Great Range Alpha] [Great Range Alpha]
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings [Boost]
 : Maril March BS [Boost] [Boost] [Boost]
 : Dugdriver AM [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 : Dugdriver AM [High Boost Alpha] [Boost] [Boost]

【Config Check】

【Stats】
HP: 440
STR: 8
FLY: 31
TGH: 16

【Cartridges】
Capacity +50×6
Short Boost
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×11
Fudara Cosmos×3
Threede Cosmos×3
Yellow Chip×30
Black Chip×60
Turbo Charger×82
Scope Lens×27
Drum Magazine×21
Acid Gel×45

Yea I do tune them. You'll be surprised how much tune mats I have accumulated since start of official.
I don't have dug or psy...

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:26 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
I recall Suguri mentioning in Shaft's Psycho thread that unless it was tuned for 3x Great Range, it wouldn't be worth it.
That was for a different reason though.
Back to top Go down
Skyr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skyr

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:35 pm

Don't have it ,so it doesn't matter

I can do around 80-100 with one shot at really close ranged, I tested it on a Geo-G Mod and I stunned him until he ran away, wanted to chase him, but haven't tuned for walk yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build   Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Sturbanger Standard Boost Run Build
Page 1 of 1