Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? Empty
PostSubject: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:56 am

So pro people, show me what you can do with those "useless" fatarts.

I got 3 toybox heat from ro cubes ;_; and a sturbanger from lotto.

Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:31 am

Sturbanger's not fat... No seriously. I have a suspicion saying that his weapon doesn't have a hitbox. Make him as small as possible, his core allows it. Anywho, I'd build him by using his missiles as a main, a secondary main weapon for closer encounters and I'm serious on this, hammer.
Hammer works. No need for high STR as STR doesn't effect knockback.
But the more popular Sturbanger suggestions would yeild in use of Psycho Formula HD2 to "lead" the missiles.
Contrary to his store build, he shouldn't be used as an alpha striker.

I have nothing for Toybox. I did get a HEAT from RO cubes. His AM never seems to hit and his BD is too slow for PvE. BAZ, on the other hand... Yet, this topic isn't BAZ builds. I can't help with you Toy.

Edit: Oops. I left out a few important parts of Sturbanger. His missiles are truly his main weapon. Near-endless supply of ammo, quick enough to be used in most situations, a long firing duration, etc. USE IT.
Most thing on (at least) Stock Sturbanger implies that he's a defensive bot. In this metagame, he's not. Get as much mobility as possible (whatever works, 2 FLY and 2 WLK core). Use aggressively, I'd assume.

As for shooting, Stur missiles have a tiny sweetspot. The sweetspot is outside of his blindspot and inside his range. You can make this sweetspot temporarily larger by using a Railgun or other long range weapons (increase range), or by using a Psygun like Formula HD2 (decrease blindspot). This is also where mobility helps, keep things in the sweetspot. Got lock but missiles not hitting? Retreat or get more distance. No lock? Get closer.
As for what to shoot at, AIRs. AIRs, AIRs, AIRs, AIRs, AIRs, AIRs, AIRs! Ignoring Slutraph.

After that wall of text, Get hypershot. And lots of it.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 am

From what I heard from others, put toybox AMs on Sturbanger. Add a homing weapon that will make all the missiles home in more, preferably Psycho Formula HD2.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 am

Toybox has a lot of capacity to work with, and a pretty good cart selection. Get some mobility, either walk or fly based on the parts you have/playstyle, ect. Pick a solid weapon and go to town.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:28 am

Sorry, I forgot to mention, i got 3 toybox HEAT who does not have rocket launchers in the arms, not the normal toybox of shop.

thanks for replying: D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?   Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who can make a really good build for Sturbanger and Toybox?
Page 1 of 1