Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to counter against AIR OP bots?

Go down 
+15
Klinkin
Aurum_Sol
Hyoka
Intet
SkyPanic
Nymph~
Shaftronics
Valkyrie
ziix
reVelske
Shikaze
Monsun
Suguri
ngelicdark
stranger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:19 am

I tried titan bazooka with triple great rapid beta.

WHY do I still miss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 am

Hyoka wrote:

WHY do I still miss
How to aim

1. Keep eye on Cross Hair
2. Look for Red tracking thing
3. Line up the Cross Hair to the middle of the Red Tracking thing
4. Shoot
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 am

LXE wrote:
Shikaze wrote:
LXE wrote:
If you manage to get AG on the floor, let the MBG's play with her.
SURPRISE BUTTSECKS!!!
Why wait for her to get on the ground ? MG bunkers have GODLY tracking in air. if you can find a way to get a little altitude, believe me, punching AG in the face can be done easily. Got a certain Babymaster a few times like that.
I THROW MY HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES! SAYIN' AY OH!!!

I kill a seraph crim by doing that as well. The problem with the tracking is that when there are too many enemies close by, the tracking gets confused.

the problem with melee tracking is: it tracks

yes thats right, melee would be MUCH easier if you had free control over it, the same as ranged weapons that dont home >.>
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:23 pm

Hyoka wrote:

WHY do I still miss
Because whoever programmed aiming in CB is an idiot who's never played an honest-to-goodness shooter? [/exaggeration]
In all seriousness, CB's aiming is very different from the industry standard. Here's my list of gripes that don't appear in most shooters:
  • The auto-aim can't be relied upon to actually hit what you're aiming at and is more often a hindrance than a help.
  • Due to auto-aiming, guns tend to stick a bit when making very small adjustments, especially when firing. The tracking in general tends to feel a bit loose.
  • The turning rate of the gun is limited by the turning rate of the actual bot, and your mouse can often far outpace that. While it makes sense, to some degree, most shooters that don't have that limitation work much better.
  • The reticule doesn't stay in the center of the screen well enough and is easily lost amid the chaotic action.
  • The robot itself often blocks your view by being right in the center. An over-shoulder view would work much better (compare S4 League, for example).
  • Projectile speeds are very slow. For certain things, this makes sense, but a railgun should not be shooting at sub-Mach speeds, period. Missiles move about as fast as slow cars. This gives the target more time to dodge, and means you have to lead the target more, which means fighting the auto-aim more.
  • Ranges are relatively short. By the time something's in range, it can be covering a significant amount of radians quickly, combining with slow tracking to become really annoying, or, alternatively, it can be in melee range way too fast. Basically, almost all of CB takes place in CQC. Probably done for the same reason as the curving stages; to disguise the absurdly short draw distance. The stages themselves are also absurdly small.
  • The auto-aim occasionally aims at the wrong bot. This is especially true when mutiple fast airs are milling around.
  • No sort of iron sights, scopes, or any zoom beyond the (pretty useless and disorienting) first-person mode. Acceptable for close-range weapons, unacceptable for anything with the word "rifle" in its name or any sort of railgun.
  • A curved stage just adds further complication.

Basically, CB isn't a tactical shooter, it's a straightforward action/twitch game. You will almost never have the time to properly aim. It's particularly egrarious as far as speed and general chaos go; it makes standard shooters such as CoD look like slow-paced strategic shooters by comparison. I think that S4 League would be a good model to base more "actiony" aiming off; it manages to keep things fast, but if you want to sit back and aim, you can.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:06 pm

Shikaze wrote:

Never said my lilies were pure psygun based, did I ?

Then wtf are you on about? Why did you respond to my psygun-bashing then?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:39 pm

Klinkin wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

WHY do I still miss
Because whoever programmed aiming in CB is an idiot who's never played an honest-to-goodness shooter? [/exaggeration]
In all seriousness, CB's aiming is very different from the industry standard. Here's my list of gripes that don't appear in most shooters:
  • The auto-aim can't be relied upon to actually hit what you're aiming at and is more often a hindrance than a help.
  • Due to auto-aiming, guns tend to stick a bit when making very small adjustments, especially when firing. The tracking in general tends to feel a bit loose.
  • The turning rate of the gun is limited by the turning rate of the actual bot, and your mouse can often far outpace that. While it makes sense, to some degree, most shooters that don't have that limitation work much better.
  • The reticule doesn't stay in the center of the screen well enough and is easily lost amid the chaotic action.
  • The robot itself often blocks your view by being right in the center. An over-shoulder view would work much better (compare S4 League, for example).
  • Projectile speeds are very slow. For certain things, this makes sense, but a railgun should not be shooting at sub-Mach speeds, period. Missiles move about as fast as slow cars. This gives the target more time to dodge, and means you have to lead the target more, which means fighting the auto-aim more.
  • Ranges are relatively short. By the time something's in range, it can be covering a significant amount of radians quickly, combining with slow tracking to become really annoying, or, alternatively, it can be in melee range way too fast. Basically, almost all of CB takes place in CQC. Probably done for the same reason as the curving stages; to disguise the absurdly short draw distance. The stages themselves are also absurdly small.
  • The auto-aim occasionally aims at the wrong bot. This is especially true when mutiple fast airs are milling around.
  • No sort of iron sights, scopes, or any zoom beyond the (pretty useless and disorienting) first-person mode. Acceptable for close-range weapons, unacceptable for anything with the word "rifle" in its name or any sort of railgun.
  • A curved stage just adds further complication.

Basically, CB isn't a tactical shooter, it's a straightforward action/twitch game. You will almost never have the time to properly aim. It's particularly egrarious as far as speed and general chaos go; it makes standard shooters such as CoD look like slow-paced strategic shooters by comparison. I think that S4 League would be a good model to base more "actiony" aiming off; it manages to keep things fast, but if you want to sit back and aim, you can.

The cross hair being (semi) transparent pretty much kills it on certain maps. There's maps that just aiming forward = cross hair nowhere.
The auto-aim complete ruins it for me when people are under the ps (or even in front of it), because I'm aiming at a the bot, but the game fires at the PS instead. What do? Aim towards the floor in front of them (I play with railguns a lot).
Aiming at airs that are really high (and above you) can be hell with missiles. Mostly because even when you try to correct or anticipate the air movement, the auto-aim shots the missiles slightly to the opposite direction, making them cover a bigger distance and missing.
On bots like Maxis 1, the aim works a lot better if you anticipate the enemy's movement (if using the internal weapon). If you aim at the targeting reticule, you are more prone to miss. I used to do that, and miss a lot more than now. The problem with that is that lag is always there. I notice that a lot with Maxis because I have to change my aiming method so I can hit those who have a higher ping.

Most of the time I use bots with internal weapons, so I never had the need to tune weapons. I could do better if I did, but I just focused in tuning the bot first, and then I had no more mats.
I did tried to tune some weapons. But the percentage of success was 0%. Just to tune 1 handy zooka I lost half of my mats and no tuned handy to use.
I can hit airs when they are far (though I can't trust missiles for that anymore. When there's so many fast airs already, 300 and little something range doesn't feel all that much anymore), but when they get close, things might not go so well for me (I still manage to stay alive most of the time anyway).

Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 pm

Valkyrie wrote:
-doesn't likes Seraphs (A good seraph can be quite a pain to AG)

I agree on this completely.

I killed a Fully HP AG by making my Seraph going Higher Altitude than AGs.

Shoot her with Ballista Mod gets her stunned after 2 shots of it.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:42 am

LXE wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

WHY do I still miss
How to aim

4. Shoot

No actually, you want to lead the cross hair in the direction of the target to compensate for movement and projectile travel time. Once you learn how to lead targets effectively with your chosen weapon you should land most of your shots.

If you want good practice in aiming, use a railgun. Since you will need to lead targets to actually hit things. It will also get you used to intuitively knowing were the cross hair is without needing to actually keep an eye on it.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:40 am

Still no good vs pretty much any low-flying air here.... :\

My Pulsycait has arts and melee-happy lnds mostly covered, but is very vulnerable against low-flying airs and pretty much anything else at short range...yeah, I've got a Handy 'Zook Mod, but I have a hard time targeting AG's, let alone hitting them!

No
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:04 am

Good thing there's only 2-3 guys in CBen who you can say "Game Over" as soon they circle you at max altitude, especially since most players here need to learn about teamwork.
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:07 pm

reVelske wrote:
Shikaze wrote:

Never said my lilies were pure psygun based, did I ?

Then wtf are you on about? Why did you respond to my psygun-bashing then?

Because they ARE useful as harassment and finisher.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 pm

even an AG can afraid of an S LND with handy zooka if you know how to aim and dodge
Neutral

lol today i as a MBG chase away AnimalPlan 's AG ( both re full HP and his AG is an full tune 1200+ cost)
just because i hop and dodge most of his blaster and hit him too much Embarassed

and my untune MBG is 4 TEC and 19 WLK if i rmb, that TEC make your gun ve penalty damage Sad

Last edited by SkyPanic on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:20 pm

LXE wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

WHY do I still miss
How to aim

4. Shoot

you always say that you suck with guns, you just wrote why this is the case -.-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to counter against AIR OP bots?   How to counter against AIR OP bots? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to counter against AIR OP bots?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2