Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a thought about this recent lag issue....

Go down 
+9
Iseal
SilverySil
Aria
shinigami
Suguri
NumeroDoS
LordShade
Lyala
CapeMike
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... Empty
PostSubject: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know everyone's got theories, but I finally decided to add my own thoughts on things....

By coincidence, I started a DOS alt. acct. a few days ago, and while playing in the circle rooms, I've noticed very little lag(except for a wildly lag-warping Lily Rain, which is another story all-together) and the game itself runs quite nicely on the whole.

Back on my main acct., meanwhile, things get dicey after a few matches, often forcing me to alt-tab out(from full-screen) and restart the game.

The only thing I can see dramatically different, aside from faction here, is the ranks involved in the battles; aside from a few exceptions, there are far less rt bots in the lower rank rooms, leading me to wonder if some bots them-selves- aren't responsible for all this; weren't there some hotfixes done after a recent patch, due to glitches/bugs with some bots(Ion?)?

...or is it all just me? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Lyala
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyala

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm

since dragon gara update, game eat a lot of cpu after a few match, making the computer to slow down and lags.

you can stay longer in circle room, you will still start lagging after a while, although no limit rank will make you lag faster due to those higher definition bot, and alpha bullet spam Surprised

only solution i found was to get more memory Surprised

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Lyala wrote:
since dragon gara update, game eat a lot of cpu after a few match, making the computer to slow down and lags.

you can stay longer in circle room, you will still start lagging after a while, although no limit rank will make you lag faster due to those higher definition bot, and alpha bullet spam Surprised

only solution i found was to get more memory Surprised

I thought about this...; this PC's on 2Gb of RAM already(dual-core processor) with a decent 54.0Mbps connection...I'm leaning towards the newer bots concept myself, now.... *ponders*
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:29 pm

CapeMike's issue actually sounds like its the case

probably some coding in Kuten or Feng that is causing the game to get iffy, slowing it down and causing lag.

right now I almost find the game unplayable (enough to play one arena a day but thats bout it)
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:32 pm

LordShade wrote:
CapeMike's issue actually sounds like its the case

probably some coding in Kuten or Feng that is causing the game to get iffy, slowing it down and causing lag.

right now I almost find the game unplayable (enough to play one arena a day but thats bout it)

O.k., let's try this...:

Anyone who has an alt. acct. with a fairly low rank(circle and under), log into it and play in the circle rank arenas for awhile, then run around the central/lower areas and interact with anyone you can, especially if they're Kuten, Feng, or Ion...just working on a theory.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:05 pm

My crappy laptop with 1.8GHz Dual core CPU and 2GB can run it.
I just tweaked it to the maximum performance settings.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:06 pm

LXE wrote:

there is visually no difference between High Performance and low Performance settings.

although I do notice that my game lags alot more when using my Feng...
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Now that you people mention it, I am finding it harder to aim at Kutens than any other bot. Lag to the next level, yo.

And I'm inclined to believe that there is lesser lag in low rank rooms because of the lack of a variety of bots.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Things with particle effects tend to cause lag, such as kuten's veil.

It really shouldn't be surprising, we already had an emergency maintenance because the particles were so poorly optimized they were causing lag infinitely worse than it is now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm

LordShade wrote:
LXE wrote:
there is visually no difference between High Performance and low Performance settings.
although I do notice that my game lags alot more when using my Feng...
Not the game! I meant my computer!

Last edited by LXE on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Suguri wrote:

It really shouldn't be surprising, we already had an emergency maintenance because the particles were so poorly optimized they were causing lag infinitely worse than it is now.

to the point that even Tempura's Computer was crashing

that was rather amusing

though I do notice that before the emergency maintenance, a Kuten running on my screen would freeze the game for periods of time, and then repair itself. Others would crash and some wouldn't but I guess I was the lucky ones.

however on my laptop, its pretty much 'game FPS drops by about 5' which on a laptop where seeing 30FPS is rare, is quite a loss
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Getting more core memory is the best (or maybe the only =( ) way to cause less lag to yourself.

Like I used to use a 6 year 2GB RAM 1.8 Ghz duel core PC the game lags when more then ~15 bots are on the screen.

Now I am using a 4GB RAM 3.2 Ghz 4-core PC and no more lagging, tho teleporting is still a severe issue, it aint something that can be solved by me. It's the guys using them with a low-spec PC/laptop's problem, not every jikuns in arena teleports to the ground or disappears in a tackle.
You go tell those laggers to get a better PC / stop playing rapid point moving lndz,alphags , there I think you will finally fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Suguri wrote:

O.k., that's what I was referring to earlier...I couldn't remember the details....

O.k., next step; anyone with a Kuten, if you don't mind, post your system specs here, and if you've been having trouble like this lag...I think if we have a reasonable, logical discussion on this(and the mods may freely lock the thread if it gets out of hand), we might be able to present our information to the CB folks and help fix it...besides, though my computer-fu isn't very strong, I love trying to solve mysteries like this!
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am

I rarely (like a minute every 15 days) lag (connection) on CB.

My PC:
Spoiler:

Meh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:59 am

@Mike - In the clan, Chitose and Frederica have K-longs if you need to do lag tests.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 am

LXE wrote:
@Mike - In the clan, Chitose and Frederica have K-longs if you need to do lag tests.

O.k., have them use the K-Longs in some tests...against each other's K-Longs, and against less animation-intensive bots...I'm starting to believe the Kutens are our prime suspect...I wonder if the issues extend to missions and quests, too?

Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:37 am

They seem to work fine on my side, not sure about you.
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:40 am

i seriously doubt its the server that's having problems. i have always been able to login normally, play any amount of arena, missions, arcantus/bastagant, and not have any lag whatsoever. also other then the occasional lagkun or laggy seraph, everyone else appears normal too.

others i know say the same thing. So its NOT server-sided, its CLIENT-SIDED.

so deal with it.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:39 am

we could always blame java and horribly coded client
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Hmm, I wonder if a 'test' server could be created...CS could put that up to test upcoming changes...couldn't hurt, really....
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm

"Bug in which Kuten Jikun Long's[/Feng Mei's] chest did not bounce has been fixed."

I blame Kuten/Feng Mei patch for this.
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Kuten's booster graphical effect was causing random disconnects for a while, so this theory might just have something, lol. Personally, since they fixed that I haven't noticed more lag using my Kuten compared to other bots. My system isn't that high spec either, 2 something ghz dual core, 4 gb ram, 1k something mb gpu? I forget.

Also. EVERYONE MELEE CAPEMIKE, WIN A PRIZE!!!
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:53 pm

LordShade wrote:
we could always blame java and horribly coded client

Java Update? #em3
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Etherlight wrote:
If the prize is another Baltheon with 732 HP and 2 core upgrades, I'm in. :3

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:27 pm

Etherlight wrote:
Kuten's booster graphical effect was causing random disconnects for a while, so this theory might just have something, lol. Personally, since they fixed that I haven't noticed more lag using my Kuten compared to other bots. My system isn't that high spec either, 2 something ghz dual core, 4 gb ram, 1k something mb gpu? I forget.

So I -was- right about Kuten's booster...been thinking about it yesterday while at work(call center for an energy company)...; now if we could only get some video footage of this actually causing lag trouble, we'd have a good package to present to CS! Smile

...and NO MELEE CAPEMIKE!! <_<;;

Seriously, I've just been having a recent crisis of faith about my own skills here.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought about this recent lag issue....   Just a thought about this recent lag issue.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a thought about this recent lag issue....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next