Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? Empty
PostSubject: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Lucked into one of the Tonosama Lander bots a few days ago, and, since it was free, decided to put Short Boost on it to see if I can actually MAKE something of it....

Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? Tonoho10

He's only lv 3 right now, so there's still lots of room for work...keep in mind I'm not very good with Lnd bots, even worse with Short Boost, and unspeakably bad with melee...so any suggestions for someone who's a total newb with SB(how to effectively use it, timing, etc) would be appreciated...since the parts are 3s, I'd like to keep him fairly intact, if possible...and thanks! Cool

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Don't really know anything about Lordlander's max potential, koi's calc is down, and I don't want to pen-and-paper builds for something I probably won't be using myself.

I think I know you well enough that I should be able to make something of it, though.

First off, get quick land along with that short boost. His tgh's low with his starting parts, so tough runner should help too. Sword and Blast Guard make you more durable. With that, your cart build should be:

x5 capacity
short boost
quick land
tough runner
blast guard
sword guard

For weaponry...personally I'd use a buckler with a custom magnum, ballista shooter, handy bazooka, motorgun, or boost gun. From what I remember of your other bots, I believe you prefer to use two weapons though. I'm not really sure what to recommend for that; a handy bazooka for anti-air, not sure about a second weapon though. Handy Laser for anti-lnd? Custom Magnum for +1 wlk/fly and good shorter-range damage? Scouter Rifle to give yourself some added range? I'd ask someone else about that, or experiment with it yourself.

Make sure that, whatever you decide on for weapons, you have enough capacity for your desired weapons and tunes. Feel free to drop one or both of the guards, or tough runner, if you need more capacity.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:17 pm

lander + short boost + handy zooka + burner + lvl 5 room = ima god
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:33 pm

So it's generally not worth it for a small hopper to have a melee weapon?

I've got a spare handy 'zooka and burner...now I just need the capacity to make it work....

I figured that if I'm gonna find a way to defend myself better against hoppers, I should try to -become- one, if only temporarily. Smile
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:52 pm

CapeMike wrote:
So it's generally not worth it for a small hopper to have a melee weapon?

I've got a spare handy 'zooka and burner...now I just need the capacity to make it work....

I figured that if I'm gonna find a way to defend myself better against hoppers, I should try to -become- one, if only temporarily. Smile
haku staff + hopper = good
likewise if you do haku staff + zsg
but yeah most people don't melee with small hoppers cause they got low hp and low stats unless you tune them a lot
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:32 pm

Burner + Hopping = annoying piss-off to anything that tries to hit you. A lot of people try to counter Short Boost with melee because they don't have the IQ points to shoot you where you land, so frying their backsides should piss them off some. For best results, use a Glass Burner, Long Burner, or Ceramic Burner(don't know anything bout last one, so do some research on it). Glass and Ceramic have the best DPS due to their Force. Long Burner outranges almost any type of melee(90 range) but has half the force of Glass and a shittier ammo capacity.
For second weapon, I'd go with Custom Magnum, Combat Magnum if you are so lucky to get/have one b/c it has +2 WLK, Handyzooka for Antiair.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Actually I tried and was fairly successful with making my fizaliven hopper into a melee hopper with buckler and Hyper Spinner (RT Shop). I think Lance might work from the shop to charge in mid-hop, slash and hop back to do it again, I can try it when I get home, it's an underrated weapon that worked well for me for a while.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:44 am

I'm not sure if I have a Lance...I know I've got a Halbred though...would that work?

...still not confident enough with my melee skills to risk too much...I'm leaning towards the 'zook/burner pairing to see how it pans out...once I'm ready and actually online, I may ask a few of you to help me test it...not a full-blown battle, I just wanna see if I can actually HIT something! :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?   Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Short Boost and Tonosama Lander help?
Page 1 of 1