Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boost Running AIRs

Go down 
+7
fhoeng
boytitan2
xzpwnz
Divinity
Nisa
Suguri
Fireflywater
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:15 am

For some reason, some AIR BDs can use the Boost Run Cart. Like Suzeku and Thoarla. Ignoring general metaplay and AIR tactics. I believe there's a way to use it properly. Most AIRs won't walk or run around because the use of a large boost gauge and their naturally low WLK. Boost run can use that boost gauge on the ground and maintain more control than float dash. The WLK problem can be gone around with the use of Tunes.

I've made a quick little build in Cosmic Calc. The joke here is that boost run lasts 25 seconds with an AIR, according to Suguri. Blitzelt BS with AURA while in the air lasts longer then the AURA can hold out. And Suzeku, who is an AURA AIR, has boost run. Add 1+1+1 and you get this build.

WLK effects the boost running formula more than FLY, hence the tunes.
Brickgale AM3 because range and it's a combination weapon.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:46 am

I should really look into finding composite boost run values so I can find a usable boost run level based on fly.

Boost Run Airs are a very very rare sight, I've only seen them used as a joke in the lobby in EN. What I can tell you is you should definitely invest in hop carts, or at least float dash, with it. It's not my area of expertise, but I know there's a lot of room for improvement off of this build.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:43 am

Float dash.

It combines wlk + Fly

also,it can help dodge shots
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 3:50 am

This is a boost run air that I made for the lol, and it does work in arena... to a certain extent...
(Note, the initial use of the robot was to see how fast it could go)

Technically what should be the fastest boost running robot in the game:
Spoiler:

But yeah, as a boost run air, i think that a longer ranged gun is better since lands/zookas rape you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:03 am

Fastest boost runner = land type with 40 wlk and 18 fly
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:34 am

Airs have float dash.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:56 am

From my observation on someone else's boost run air, shaden booster speed doesn't seem to carry over, or not very much. Would be nice if someone w/ shaden bs go do some definite testing.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:02 am

boost run/short boost combo airs have less chance to run out of boost accidentally and not have enough for a hop, there's some merit to this actually, missiles homing sucks on land, and airs can take sword guard if they really can't get away from melees, though you could probably just fly away.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 pm

fhoeng wrote:
From my observation on someone else's boost run air, shaden booster speed doesn't seem to carry over, or not very much. Would be nice if someone w/ shaden bs go do some definite testing.
They probably didn't have wlk to go along with it. Shaden BS gives you the equivalent of about 25 wlk, so you need wlk tuned as well to get any serious land speed out of it.

FWIW, 38 fly 20 wlk is at the bottom of orange-tier boost run.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Suguri wrote:
fhoeng wrote:
They probably didn't have wlk to go along with it. Shaden BS gives you the equivalent of about 25 wlk, so you need wlk tuned as well to get any serious land speed out of it.

Is that comparing to land's orange tier? or against other non-land boost run tier?

As in, air's 38 fly 20 wlk is the same as land's 16 fly 29 wlk ?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 pm

fhoeng wrote:
Suguri wrote:
fhoeng wrote:

Is that comparing to land's orange tier? or against other non-land boost run tier?

As in, air's 38 fly 20 wlk is the same as land's 16 fly 29 wlk ?
Airs don't have land's run speed bonus, so they'd run as fast as an art or support.

Unless this was a land you put 38 fly 20 wlk on.

In short, it's orange-tier boost run.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Now that I think about it... I don't really know how fast is any of the tier. Really just took the tier chart for granted.

If someone would be so nice, can they post the result of their time traveling this distance (resort area)
Boost Running AIRs Racema10

Basically just run across along the pipe line a few times and record the average time. (can just look at the in-game clock)

... Then again... this might be too long for land to travel, my boost run land can't run the entire track Crying or Very sad

If anyone have better location, do suggest.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 pm

Almost every areas have these.
Boost Running AIRs 96471e311a
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:50 am

anyone got boost run chart for air boost run ( which WLK around 5-19 FLY 25+)
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:04 am

knyx wrote:
boost run/short boost combo airs have less chance to run out of boost accidentally and not have enough for a hop, there's some merit to this actually,missiles homing sucks on land and airs can take sword guard if they really can't get away from melees, though you could probably just fly away.

reason why i put boost run on my thoarla :

1> Homing Screwed when im runing around instead fly.
2> Beam Gattling Accuracy : Not Moving > Running > Flying
3> due Thoarla's Big-Fat-Exoskeleton, flying become a burden in some low celling map... better run for moving around.
4> Pitch Black Paint and Snailbots LG , seems some Jikun think me as Snail Girls (that what i name her) and trying kick my sword-guard catridged thoarla... and ofcourse like knyx said, i just fly when they try that and gattling em from above.
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Sponsored content

Boost Running AIRs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boost Running AIRs   Boost Running AIRs Empty

Back to top Go down

Boost Running AIRs
Page 1 of 1