Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~

Go down 
+9
Hyoka
Turkeysaur
Yokura
Aria
Tuskin
Priskern
Kitouski
Nihil679
rei_hunter
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ Empty
PostSubject: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:45 pm

So a few CB players followed me to this server a while back, and we're kinda doing nicely~

Just to let ya all know what i've been doing when there's no Cosmic Break Update and stuff. Very Happy

Anyways, our guild is "Aile's Raiders" (So Starcraft II)
And we just play around with a variety of characters, + making awesome blingblings Very Happy~

Well if anyone's interested, contact me on IRC or ingame

I'm usually Selene Beckinsdale, Misty Hero, Arael the 15th or Sayoko Hero~, i hang around mostly in prontera or Guild Town.

well anyways

see ya there~ Very Happy~
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Just to note for anyone that does play this server, don't link it unless in private. Forumotion Terms of Service is going to smack us in the face again, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 am

Man, I suddenly miss Ragnarok agian, maybe I'll try playing it again. EssenceRO eh?

75/75/50? Eww, all that was crushed. D:

Actually, my favorite rates have always been 5~10. I think the highest I've EVER played at and stuck around at was LuminaRO, 50/50/25... lols. Ragnarok is a great game though regardless, as long as they don't twist the servers with weird OP items. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:30 am

Played on another server called Esuna RO though, and I have bee doing well there though I haven't log on for quite sometime. But had few builds that are completed with equips and cards already, so I doubt I'll be switching.

Screenys
Spoiler:

Last edited by priskern on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:03 am

ew LuminaRO sucks. their community is too silent....

They also dont have an IRC Channel, which -Points off me..........................................

well, hunting for gear on essenceRO is fine o-O

i've almost completed my permanent high swordsman~ and my cheapest instant cast High Wizard-> Warlock

I'll post screenshots later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Anyways, our guild is "Aile's Raiders" (So Starcraft II)

More like Starcraft 1.

Does this server have wings or another custom form of decoration?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

they have wings. but it usually adds stats, or some sort of effect, so they arent for show.

They have Backpacks too xD

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 am

I was mostly comparing Lumina and Essence though because any server that makes it so you can go over the normal base levels (99/70 for most classes) is an instant no for me. Just... can't do that crap for some reason, lol. Changes the entire game mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:24 am

Oh lord, a Ragnarok Server.

I was in 3CeAM(core developer) before but meh...

PS:

Kagerou:
EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ 2ndJobNinjaMale

Oburou(Oburo?)
EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ 2ndJobNinjaFemale
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:33 am

Kitouski wrote:
I was mostly comparing Lumina and Essence though because any server that makes it so you can go over the normal base levels (99/70 for most classes) is an instant no for me. Just... can't do that crap for some reason, lol. Changes the entire game mechanic.

I would too, but since the private server offers the addition of the 3rd Classes, they had no choice to raise the levels.

On a sidenote, Super Novice Class is badass to the core there.

Champion's Combo Skills? They've been usually found as a joke in performance wise / usability.... eRO had to go thru a lot of coding, to make it usable for PvP and MvP (Long as you have spheres or sp.... you can just combo something to death, assuming you can survive...) so Berserker Champs are possible here. Which i like, because in cases where the max level is 99/70, those champs would go 150 DEX, and just asura you to pieces. (Especially people who farm in PvP Maps, they're a real nuissance.) and Ghostring Armor is hard to come by as well.

Wizards/Sage's Single Target Skills have been improved as well (Non Bolt-type), for balance and whatnot.

Because really, the 3rd Classes are broken as hell.

MVPs are hard to take down too... you need an entire party (Paladin + AB + Some DPS Tanker) to kill one.

Besides, if they're raising levels anyways, it's so that some classes can learn their skills properly.... like super novice.
Super Novice's JLevel goes all the way up to 120. And Forging isnt such a pain. (Considering they also added Level 4 Forging (You can refine "Refined" Weapons given if you have the materials.)) Since skills have been buffed, some skills were downgraded as well. Equipment / Card Sets had to be changed for the better, otherwise, things kill you with a single fireball Level 5.

I guess, its fun for me. I dont have to waste months or weeks trying to find some piece of equipment (Maybe a few days) but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 am

Combo builds have always been good actually, it's just that it takes a lot of mental concentration to keep the DPS going... like a near inhuman amount. Actually, it delivers some of the best DPS in the game, it just suffers from sphere problems and again, mental concentration. The reason you never see any great ones on offical rates is the same beef I have with CBEN; no one seems willing to put out the effort.

I've played more Super Novice then you can ever imagine competitively, the only thing I've played more competitively is Taekwon classes and Gunslingers, and Super Novice jlvl amount is more then enough to do a lot more then just the assumed insta-cast build.

I dunno, I guess I'm weird and don't like the original formula tampered with. xD; It's not balance I'm worried about persay, it's the idea of playing the same game that suddenly decided to function in a completely different way then I remember it, being that I've played Ragnarok for a good number of years. I always liked the satisfaction of the grind when I finally do get what I'm hunting and I love feeling a sense of pride with what I've built up on my character, I just never feel that with higher rates... though I'm not talking super low rate sort of grind, I usually like to stay between 5-10. x_x

But yea, getting sick of RO over the years is one reason I decided to leave when I did back in the day, but another reason is because of 3rd Jobs creeping into every private server. I dislike them that much. xD; There was a server floating around for a bit called EarlyRO, it was without Transcended classes and bosses as well as many of the maps were adjusted to be as they were during the time there weren't any transcended classes... if that server didn't shut down I would totally consider finding it and playing at it, lol. If that gives you an idea of how much of a classic RO bandwagon weenie I am. xD;
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 pm

Well, in this case....

For Champions in EssenceRO...
The Comboes can go like this.

Triple Combo -> Quadruple Punch -> Raging Strike -> Quadruple Punch etc etc.
Quad and Raging give a free sphere.
And then you can end with either Chain Crush Combo or Tiger Knuckle Fist.
But it doesnt end there. As long as you have the spirit spheres, you can keep spamming Chain Crush Combo or Tiger Knuckle Fist.

And no, you can't asura strike after Chain Crush Combo or Tiger Knuckle Fist.
Or actually chain Quad or Raging (Not sure on this), since Tiger Knuckle Fist eats all of your Spirit Spheres (for more damage)

So, you can have a 50-70 AGI Champion, and you can focus on like STR and INT/VIT, so your champ survives more. WHO THE HELL PUTS 150 or 99 AGI on a Combo Champion, deserves to not be able to Combo well. at all.

Super Novice's instant cast build (on essenceRO) i haven't actually done the quest for mine... but they give a giant boost in a Super novice's HP and SP, a few Old Card Albums, and Old Red Boxes, so they can just keep casting and whatnot. I should try making an instant cast super novice, but i like my 193 ASPD Super Novice.

Well, RO has changed for a while now, so any changes a private server does, its usually to entertain more people... heck i'm still lost in a lot of the new additions to the game, changes as well.

I suppose, RO's good for it's classicness, but considering that essenceRO has around 800+ players, they need to keep up with content per say.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:44 am

Lol, I know what you mean on the agility with Champs, more speed is better but there's a limit in whats reasonable, you're going to miss the combo timing over and over and have wasted ASPD if you overdo it even on traditional servers. x_x; I think it was like... 180-184 aspd I'd aim for on a combo champ? It's been so long, so if those numbers seem way off, that's why. xD;

Done the quest for yours...? See, this is what I mean by servers with heavy changes blow my mind, I have no clue what quest your talking about and I'm sure it never existed where I played. D: Insta-cast is actually my least favorite Super Novice build, although the most known and known to do well. The one I used and was literally popular for because I'm the only one who worked my ass off to make it work was a Status Mammonite build... ermmm, basically you get decent ASPD, high attack and then get Decrease Agi, Stone Curse and Frost Driver with enough int to hit, damage output on the magic isn't important at all though so you don't need to waste much at all in int. The basic idea of this build is to completely immobilize the target and spam Mammonite, it's incredibly good if you put the gears towards it and Stone Curse is what really makes it work. Phenuma from insta-death situations (Soul Break, Falcon Assaults and ASPD Snipers. >_>; ) along with Hide and Ruwatch. It takes a lot of hands on skill with the build to work considering there's so many skills and potion spamming for SP (due to a SNs crappy SP pool) but it was an incredibly fluent build that surprised a lot of people when I played on traditional rate servers. xD;

Yea, I'm not blaming any servers for updating or anything like that, that'd be silly... I just hate the new stat formulas, level caps and 3rd Jobs... pretty much everything in the renewal except for the client itself I really dislike, lol. I believe Lumina and Destina are still without a lot of the Renewal and if I ever went back to a server it would be one of those (probably Destina) but eh... again, I played RO for many years... the reason I'm here today is a guildmate suggested me to this game if that gives an idea of how much I played it. xD
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:37 pm

Yea, people often went nuts on agi + dex for aspd to end up finding it isn't worth the effort at all. Especially when high stats require more stats point to increase and you be fixed on certain weapons and card combination forcing you to fight only certain mobs or builds in pvp. Though, the only class that benefit mostly from aspd are gunslinger and archer class (hawk, no wolfs please) though. Since these stun locks targets. It took me a whole lot of retraining (the server I played on got no stats/ skill reset initially, it was only added recently) in order to build a satisfactory RK (point to screenshot on my previous post). And my shura was like....bleh......though gate of heaven is op.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:51 pm

@Kitouski

eRO still uses the Non-Renewal database, just that the MVPs are buffed. (I got killed 7 times, trying to kill a loose Moonlight Flower, can't say the same for the Shura with me xD) <- this is me @ Level 170. With a Gunslinger. 150 AGI and 150 DEX (Base), i wonder how many box of glooms and dex food i wasted on that ugh.

Yeah, the Super Novice Quest is eRO Specific, it basically gives you +100% more HP and SP (if you get all 2 accessories), but the quest itself is tedious. They've also added equipment for non-instant cast type Super Novice, to combo with the pre-existing Equipment Set(s) for Super Novice. Still, i prefer my +10 Main Gauche with 3x Skeleton Cards :> but the (I'm not sure if its custom or not) Angelic Wing Dagger, adds a lot of things when you have the super novice set equipped, level 4 weapon and has 4 card slots.

Join us then? D:? we need moar people q-q

@priskern

Well, if it's combo-types like Champion or Soul Linker, they'll stop at a certain point.
I actually need to re-calculate my Gunslinger so i can add some points her INT or VIT, cuz i dont like actually losing SP when fighting.

Overall, instant cast for people, is hard. Because of After Cast Delay. Its what prevents people from spamming 2x Sonic Blows on you in a second.

but yeah D:

We need moar people q-q
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:39 pm

xD The Angelic Wing Dagger is custom because it never went past 1 slot on official servers and was usually zero slots and used as for what I believe was a teaser weapon when people started the game even though it was impossible to use early on and only a Novice could use it later lol, it was always the crap-tier blade for SNs were I played. I know my ideal weapon for a SN was Twin Edge of Naght Sieger B. Even is water element; bypasses Raydric although Tidal Shoes were all the rage for budget players when I played. >_>; I think Byeollungum and Valorous Gladiator Blade are what I used interchangeably for a while on my SN at the last server I played... and ewww, Skeleton Cards? D: I'm gonna assume those are also custom/work due to a change in the game formula (AKA higher level/stat caps) because were I played they sucked... xD; And maybe I'm not familiar with the server customs and how this Angelic Wing Dagger works, but wouldn't a Cinquedea work much, much better over a Main Gauche?

Lawl, if I did start playing again, it would be on a prerenewal lowrate server. Even if the database is non-renewal, just tweaking the original formula of levels, stat caps, aspd caps and server customs just throws a lot out of whack for me. x_x
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:51 pm

eh... increased caps also means, increased in how long you actually level.......

But at 75/75 Rate.... that's hard. at around 140 STAT, each stat point costs like 15 ea.... so at 170,

It's all exponential, nothing's been actually changed, just "Max" Level and "Max" Stats.

Too low of a rate for a server = dead to me because, i dont think you'd wanna farm for entire weeks for a single item . _ .
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 pm

It's not the time that I enjoy so much I can do without though, it's the formula alteration. There's plenty of midrates and even highrates that keep the same formula down to the pin but make leveling and hunting less time consuming. I think the highest I was ever on for a short while was a 125/125/50, but there was no custom items, no renewal, no modified stat cap and no modified level cap.

Max Levels and Max Stats change a LOT, I'm going to assume you haven't been playing RO too long/too seriously just from that statement alone, no offense at all. xD; The once medicore Ninja Cast build is capable of instant casting with no cool down, making him the most broken class in the game causing infinite stunlock. That must be modified, the game is now changed. Do they add a delay? Are there other low cool down bots and we should lower the split second damage stun animation? If we do the second one because of other classes, does that influence anything? On offical rate servers instant cast is an accomplishment, commonly accompanied by negative side effects. While I'm on Ninjas, the move "Throw Zeny" now becomes completely obsolete (even though it was hardly usable in the first place) due to the fact that it's based off of throwing 5,000~10,000 zeny and doing half the damage; that much zeny is easy to obtain on a highrate as well as on a highrate with higher level caps and higher HP, this damage would be absolutely TERRIBLE.

This isn't just Ninjas, that's two examples in one class, and I could probably give you an example on every class; obsolete battle Homuculi, so we better raise there level cap. Do their skills need upped too? Every factor needs to be considered, and when something is changed, the entire game needs to be looked over all over again, does that influence anything? Did we change a mechanic we shouldn't have? It's impossible to play a higher cap level and higher cap stat server the same as a lower rate server in anyway at all, they're nearly two different formulas of game.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:03 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Overall, instant cast for people, is hard. Because of After Cast Delay. Its what prevents people from spamming 2x Sonic Blows on you in a second.

inb4 Kiel Card + Sprint set.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:18 am

Kitouski wrote:
It's not the time that I enjoy so much I can do without though, it's the formula alteration. There's plenty of midrates and even highrates that keep the same formula down to the pin but make leveling and hunting less time consuming. I think the highest I was ever on for a short while was a 125/125/50, but there was no custom items, no renewal, no modified stat cap and no modified level cap.

Max Levels and Max Stats change a LOT, I'm going to assume you haven't been playing RO too long/too seriously just from that statement alone, no offense at all. xD; The once medicore Ninja Cast build is capable of instant casting with no cool down, making him the most broken class in the game causing infinite stunlock. That must be modified, the game is now changed. Do they add a delay? Are there other low cool down bots and we should lower the split second damage stun animation? If we do the second one because of other classes, does that influence anything? On offical rate servers instant cast is an accomplishment, commonly accompanied by negative side effects. While I'm on Ninjas, the move "Throw Zeny" now becomes completely obsolete (even though it was hardly usable in the first place) due to the fact that it's based off of throwing 5,000~10,000 zeny and doing half the damage; that much zeny is easy to obtain on a highrate as well as on a highrate with higher level caps and higher HP, this damage would be absolutely TERRIBLE.

This isn't just Ninjas, that's two examples in one class, and I could probably give you an example on every class; obsolete battle Homuculi, so we better raise there level cap. Do their skills need upped too? Every factor needs to be considered, and when something is changed, the entire game needs to be looked over all over again, does that influence anything? Did we change a mechanic we shouldn't have? It's impossible to play a higher cap level and higher cap stat server the same as a lower rate server in anyway at all, they're nearly two different formulas of game.

I've been playing RO.... during its second/third betas, i liked it, but the upkeep and the grinding kinda went up and forced me to starvation... then discovered the early stages of RO Private Servers. That's where I actually learned how to RO, and actually enjoy it. 500/500 Server, was pretty nice, enjoyed a lot of things with people....

But ever since the new mobs (non-renewal) came into the scene, even a BLevel 120 Sniper or Assassin Cross couldnt handle Valkyries, Skeggolds and whatnot (Odin_temp03)....

The server died after an upkeep of 2 years, incidentally, i found out my guildmates from that server actually wants to play RO again (Must've been my Ultimate Permanent Swordsman project, still incomplete xD), but yeah i stopped for a while.

Then i found essenceRO, i said "what the hell, lower rates than the my old server... but eh they have wings." After a few months, i made at the very least a Levelling Gunslinger Set (+10 Branch with 3 Kaho Cards, Box of Gloom Accessory and Gift Box Headgear), a High Priest and a Whitesmith.... i stopped after a while (Not even ONCE going into places where the mobs are "newer" or at least newer to me than Valkyries... so a few months later, i heard the server going up and down because of database problems. after that 2nd event (I missed the first one, thankfully) i restarted playing again, and didnt know where to level. Then someone suggested i go down to abbey03..... which was still unknown to me, but then they said "Its full of undead, have fun."

At this point, before anything else, i've begged everyone for instant cast gears. They actually pulled thru, and my High Priest had instant cast like mad (Well not really instant cast but close enough). so i levelled both my main characters up, and turned them into 3rd Jobs, Arch Bishop and Mechanic. The thing is, you can't find parties in there, mainly because, they'll end up killing you, since that place (or at least the majority of abbey dungeons) is PVP Enabled.

Then i found out that there are some new maps to explore, manuk and dic filds, as well as that new spl filds, what i find, made me not want to play Extremely Low Rate Servers (1-10)..... I needed some of the equips they dropped, even if at .5%, and nobody else would probably hunt with me if ever. [This is the point where i actually want to make equipment/skill builds for my characters, for specific tasks, without too much investing Zeny or Time, or at least finish the task perfectly/timely.]

So yeah, just to give you a general idea. All of the monsters in those fields, hit for 23k-58k. And they're not even bosses. so at a Limit of Level 99, 99 Stats, your Vit if you wanted to raise it, would be around 99, on a paladin for example..... or Royal Guard. you'd have ATLEAST 30-40k HP with cheap equipment. and roughly around 30-40 base DEF (30-40% Physical Damage reduction) and i'll say around +20-30 Soft Def. So those monsters would kill you in two shots. with an Assumptio from a High Priest, probably 6-7 shots, long as you can keep up with healing. Oh that's just their "normal attack.", they also have skills and things, and manuk and spl fields gets very very mobby. Stuff that fires Level 10 Venom Dust and Level 5 Quagmire.

So yeah, the gears they drop are effective, very. And you'd probably need like 40-50 pieces of those (if armor)

The only important factor for me in RO, is levelling and End Game. ^ And that's an end game for me, or at least grinding for that single piece of armor (Which i actually got, so now i need Valkyrie Fragments for a Valk Helm)

Also, like i said, essenceRO "balanced" some of the skills, like from the things i've mentioned, everyone is usable, no matter how much you build them (of course Snipers are still good, and arrows are cheap.)

Here's a few screenshots... of my gunslinger getting raped by such monsters.

Spoiler:

And, even in highrate servers... Teamplay is Valuable. Just, not the way you expect them. Surprised

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:28 pm

I remember playing in Manuk field~ Lulz. Kit do you? I KINDA MISS QD and everyone... ;-;

Hunting for sprint stuff was so annoying... andand, Lv 80-90 beast strafe sniper in Splendide field~ Delicious.

Alright, gonna go away before I'm tempted to play again.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:05 pm

I don't get why people love sprint set. It forced you into a set with mediocre stuff compare to a lot of other set or even standalone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm

priskern wrote:
I don't get why people love sprint set. It forced you into a set with mediocre stuff compare to a lot of other set or even standalone.
Cast time -13%, aftercast delay -20%.

Ahhh, RO. Cori's 2nd MMO.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Building characters in a 75/75/50 server sounds like taking a walk in the park. Been a long time since my last private RO server, when the most OP equipment was Satan Morroc's, Berzebu's and Randgris drops, noob friendly classes were EDP Assassin X and Guillotine champions, and dream character was Mjollnir Biochemist.

Might be interested in going there if friends successfully convince me to play RO again.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Turkeysaur wrote:
Building characters in a 75/75/50 server sounds like taking a walk in the park. Been a long time since my last private RO server, when the most OP equipment was Satan Morroc's, Berzebu's and Randgris drops, noob friendly classes were EDP Assassin X and Guillotine champions, and dream character was Mjollnir Biochemist.

Might be interested in going there if friends successfully convince me to play RO again.

eh......... not really.

But since i'm aiming for cheapest set available for High Wizard (Rod with Damage Modifier Cards, -CastRate and -AfterCastDelay, Sprint Set, Orlean's Server+Gloves Set) i'm extremely happy to say, that it actually works. o_o of course, MVP Tier Gear will cost around 9B in total.... so D;

My Ultimate Permanent (High) Swordsman... not exactly my cheapest build, since the parts required costs around 100m ea. (Well the final items anyways)
But the end game for it goes somewhere like this
Spoiler:

EDP SinX, isnt as useful as Guillotine Cross' Skills, of course the majority of GX's new skills, does NOT stack with EDP. Just a balance counter measure. Cross Ripper Slash already damages as if you've EDP'd a Sonic Blow Level 5~

Guillotine Champions. Good luck getting Instant Cast/Near Instant Cast without sacrificing a lot of INT. lol. Combo Champions/Combo Shura's is where its at, well Asura/Guillotine Champions is good for levelling imo, but overall, they'd miss to lots of mobs, or wont have time to actually cast asura strike/guillotine fist............. so you actually have to think "How to level."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~   EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~ Empty

Back to top Go down

EssenceRO - Ragnarok Online that's been up for 5 years and continuing~
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next