Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

so uh, mine shooter...

Go down 
+23
Aurum_Sol
HeroicAge
fhoeng
Kecepirit
ngelicdark
TaeTae
Hellenisti
SurrealSight
ywxiao
BNOISE
Hyoka
NovaZero
Senhime
halcyon
Priskern
Nilla
xzpwnz
Valkyrie
boytitan2
Nisa
LordShade
knyx
chengsta
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:46 am

getting rid of the defense = less attackers while u take down ps.

If you're all calling me stupid for saying that shit then i feel sorry for everyone who chases me through half the map instead of going for the PS. I only bought up the "30 free kills" part because its true: In reality, there are only like 2-3 bots shooting at the ps while everyone else goes wild trying to kill the defenders. Happens every epoch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:05 am

The ones who actively prioritize killing the defenders instead of the PS are doing it wrong for a number of reasons:
-Defenders have highly reduced BP loss upon death.
-In Epoch, people take 0 seconds to respawn and jump back into battle.
-Even if you do kill them, it will only take a few seconds for the recently respawned enemy to get back into defending the PS.
-Getting killed just to respawn is more likely to help them than anything, since they'll be back with full ammo.

Sure, you end up killing the defenders, but there are better ways of preventing the defense from defending the PS. The goal after all IS the PS, so trolling them to keep away from the PS rather than killing them is the better solution.

It's why builds like Beetlander HD + Big Head HDJ are so threatening in Epoch.

Quote :
If you're all calling me stupid for saying that shit then i feel sorry for everyone who chases me through half the map instead of going for the PS. I only bought up the "30 free kills" part because its true: In reality, there are only like 2-3 bots shooting at the ps while everyone else goes wild trying to kill the defenders. Happens every epoch.
What Hyoka below me just said. Offense only chase after you because they're idiots. If people actually knew what was more important, they'd abandon chasing you.

Last edited by NovaZero on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 am

chengsta wrote:

Hasn't it been established already that the majority of people in epoch are noobs or doing it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:21 am

halcyon wrote:
Forgive me for sounding like a noob, but I believe that chengsta means that the offense can have an open shot without art shooting billion shots at them. Rather than decreasing the BP.

They get 0 respawn time, which is why some build that make pure to harass people off the ps exist, but harass does not equal to killing/going off the defender when your main piority is still the PS, They bullet aren't going to decrease

chengsta wrote:

EVERYONE should go for the PS as main piority regardless, unless you are going there for pure harassing (i.e burners, pure melee etc). The PS break they lose chunks of BP. Compare to the 3:1 ratio defense vs offense BP loss rate wise, which you slowly try so hard to get rid only to have them come back at you for 0 respawn time, I don't think you get what's really the more obvious choice out here.
And, that mine layer was specifically build to rid of those famous air breakers/buridens, and you find it useless? Or you rather end up like THIS as the defending side?

You don't need the whole defense side to weild them unless there are multiple PS but if it's only 1 just require 3-4 people is enough to bane the airs off the space. Unless you are being suicidal. Oh, and don't forget defender gets access to items too and they get constant hypershot from the PS.

Last edited by priskern on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:26 am

Amateus pwns your mine shooter in terms of killing things flying over an air space.
Back to top Go down
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 am

priskern wrote:
halcyon wrote:
Forgive me for sounding like a noob, but I believe that chengsta means that the offense can have an open shot without art shooting billion shots at them. Rather than decreasing the BP.

They get 0 respawn time, which is why some build that make pure to harass people off the ps exist, but harass does not equal to killing/going off the defender when your main piority is still the PS, They bullet aren't going to decrease

Theoretically though, dont bots respawn with lower health if they are killed fast enough? wwww
But i suppose if one can already defeat the opposition to that point, the PS shouldve been destroyed...

Senhime wrote:
@^ Fire Pillar and Hurricane blow
u no farm?
Embarassed Forgot about those...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 am

halcyon wrote:
Theoretically though, dont bots respawn with lower health if they are killed fast enough? wwww
But i suppose if one can already defeat the opposition to that point, the PS shouldve been destroyed...
Pushing a group away from the PS yields a faster result than whittling down the enemy to having to launch with a damaged bot.

Last edited by NovaZero on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ywxiao

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 am

halcyon wrote:
priskern wrote:
halcyon wrote:

No, in EPOCH you instant respawn with full hp.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 am

Quote :
Nope. You can respawn in Epoch with less than full HP. Though it'll require you to fight like SilentIce to accomplish that.
Back to top Go down
ywxiao

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 am

NovaZero wrote:
Quote :
Nope. You can respawn in Epoch with less than full HP. Though it'll require you to fight like SilentIce to accomplish that.

To think that I've never respawned with less than full hp all this time, I must not be suicide chargine fast enough.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:24 am

BNOISE wrote:
Amateus pwns your mine shooter in terms of killing things flying over an air space.
xzpwnz wrote:
It'd be rude to laugh
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:09 am

Oh my, how come people on offence try to kill the defenders? Nooooo...

On offence you should only be hitting the PS, unless you're supporting your offence by moving the defenders away (not killing them)... flamers, hurricanes, pillars.

Offence = PS priority.

And use spreadfire weapons like shotguns as seen in LS's video.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:33 am

NovaZero wrote:
halcyon wrote:
Pushing a group away from the PS yields a faster result than whittling down the enemy to having to launch with a damaged bot.

Beetlander HD, Dae AM2, Boildeck core etc are all good offense weapons to knock defenders away from the PS. Especially on undercover maps where it takes a long time to get back to the PS after you're knocked away.

That being said, the defense needs a few sigma/greinaut trolls.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:00 am

Don't you just hate it when an interesting thread is derailed?

Fuck, man, I was hoping to read on Mine Shooter, and then EPOCHEPOCHHURRDURR.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 am

Hellenisti wrote:

Probably xz and a few others have/plan to innovate.

Others are being fags and bashing something full of so much potential.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:12 am

knyx wrote:
Yes. Because apparently if it isn't a weapon that would sound like it'd be broken, it is therefore not worth using.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 am

NovaZero wrote:
knyx wrote:
Yes. Because apparently if it isn't a weapon that would sound like it'd be broken, it is therefore not worth using.

Barring anti-air, this also destroys anything trapped in corridors. You could do the same with TBG nukes but those immobilize you and are not main weapons.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

xzpwnz wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
It'd be rude to laugh

Not everyone(anyone besides u) here is smart enuff to use tengu booster the secret of how op it is will die with u Twisted Evil Twisted Evil .

Keep useing alpha airs cben ^__^.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:43 am

[quote="NovaZero"]The ones who actively prioritize killing the defenders instead of the PS are doing it wrong for a number of reasons:
-Even if you do kill them, it will only take a few seconds for the recently respawned enemy to get back into defending the PS.
-Getting killed just to respawn is more likely to help them than anything, since they'll be back with full ammo.
[quote]

I must be doing it wrong and noob at epoch then =[
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:10 pm

[quote="TaeTae"][quote="NovaZero"]The ones who actively prioritize killing the defenders instead of the PS are doing it wrong for a number of reasons:
Quote :

I must be doing it wrong and noob at epoch then =[

Tae in epoch there always supposed to be 2 teams 1 for ps defence one for killing ppl.

Epoch offence one for killing ppl one for ps breaking.

So no your doing it right.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:09 pm

TaeTae wrote:
I must be doing it wrong and noob at epoch then
Nah. You're different.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:16 pm

Hellenisti wrote:

Yeah...same.... was hoping it really was just 2 extra pages of battling out the awesomeness of this weapon/how2use.

Can we get it back on topic now? =S
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:22 am

from my testing man idk it sucks my pysho cluster with float dash was able to kill a mine shooter user in a 1vs1 test.

Also if it hits a shield it wont detonate so Idk seems bad after testing.

Sorry after test I can say amateus core is way better epsecialy muichi.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 am

i don't have one, but as i've been told that the projectile goes into "mine mode" only when it reaches max range?
then would negative-tuning range work for the sole purpose of making it a mine faster (as i've also been told that the basic projectile is just a single derp bullet without special effect otherwise)?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 am

knyx wrote:
Hellenisti wrote:

Probably xz and a few others have/plan to innovate.

xzpwnz wrote:
Spoiler:
I was going to tune x3 great force but asuka & friends peer pressured me out of it
Doesn't really have any priority right now since I'm working on other builds like mine shooter guns arm mod?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so uh, mine shooter...   so uh, mine shooter... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

so uh, mine shooter...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next