Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How bad really is normal Sturbanger.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

How bad really is normal Sturbanger. Empty
PostSubject: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:52 pm

People say he can't hit crap, people say he can't hit FOR crap, people say he's the slowest ART in the game. But, how BAD is he? Keep in mind, you're talking to a person who Snailbots to the point where you can call me Gary. Who tries to peg Seraphs in the air with a Duel Rapier as a Gigantic Flying Coffin. Who refused to use Gwyain mainly because of his cost. So, yeah, I use bad things. I know what's bad yet I still use it.

I mainly PvE too, if he can be of some use in PvE, I'd enjoy that. If he doesn't work, I want to have an ART who internal weapon is a Primary and is decent for crowd control. Destructor CN won't cut it, his bazooka is too slow for me. I don't think Suppository Maxis works either because his Railgun is more of a single target situation.

Yes, I already know he's bad by the community, he's not a Seraph so he sucks. I just want to know HOW MUCH he sucks. Thanks, of course, in advance.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:03 pm

You can actually make viable Sturbanger builds, the internal is just terrible beyond belief and his cost is tremendous for less-than-preferable stats. His BD is extremely small though, a Sturbanger with Paraboroid LG comes up to boob height on Lazflamme.

As far as PvE goes...he's probably even more useless there than in PvP, aside from fighting berz (or with a more mobile one, Fractulus).

As several other people will probably say, Standard is much better than regular.

I'll see if I can find some gameplay of regular Sturbanger.

EDIT: Not a gameplay vid, but it's a great demonstration of his accuracy. Three sturbangers with sturbanger arms and x2 missile weapons with hyper shot, all alphaing at airs. Looks impressive as hell, until you notice how many missiles are actually hitting.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9261435
If you don't have a nico account - http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm9261435&2

EDIT: You know what, I'm putting this in the video section too. This is probably one of the more entertaining vids I've seen in a long time :V
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Dang, I can see how it's weak, when one of those shots hit, it did somewhere around 5 damage. The shots also seemed to miss that landed target too. Jeeze. Guess I better find something else to use this RT on. Provided Sturbanger Standard is good, should I risk the 30 free RT I have and roll for it? Last time I rolled that Garapon I got Aegis Balthon.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Can't hit shit captain.

even if it does it,12 dmg...on air.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:41 pm

He's not that bad. His cost isn't crazy unless you do something drastic which you probably should cause his stats are meh.
The main problem is that his missiles have fail tracking, fail speed and deal poor damage on anything it is even capable of hitting. (this includes air noobs who can't dodge.)
So if you don't mind missing a core weapon for a good deal of maps (not many have you in a position where you are under a ps and have a ton of air units rushing at you) and slightly higher than normal cost after tuning all your stats, it is viable.

As for your rt, keep it for the uc conversion thing to occur.
THen you get 80 rt to mess around with as long as you have 150k uc to buy 50 rt.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:46 pm

BNOISE wrote:
He's not that bad. His cost isn't crazy unless you do something drastic which you probably should cause his stats are meh.
The main problem is that his missiles have fail tracking, fail speed and deal poor damage on anything it is even capable of hitting. (this includes air noobs who can't dodge.)
So if you don't mind missing a core weapon for a good deal of maps (not many have you in a position where you are under a ps and have a ton of air units rushing at you) and slightly higher than normal cost after tuning all your stats, it is viable.

As for your rt, keep it for the uc conversion thing to occur.
THen you get 80 rt to mess around with as long as you have 150k uc to buy 50 rt.

he is that bad,desu~ series is better.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:59 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Aside from wlk/fly, his stats are pretty great. His cost with all capacity carts is 1280, on the other hand.

BNOISE wrote:

The main problem is that his missiles have fail tracking
They can turn ~150 degrees, the problem is the angle they're fired at.

BNOISE wrote:

In other words, if you don't mind not being viable, it is viable.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Suguri wrote:

In other words, if you don't mind not being 100% efficient when in certain maps, it is viable.
lol fix'd

Suguri wrote:

They can turn ~150 degrees, the problem is the angle they're fired at.
Really? I guess if they changed the angle so all the missiles shoot straight in front of you like box missiles then it would work great. No wonder people like toy boxie so much.

Suguri wrote:

Aside from wlk/fly, his stats are pretty great. His cost with all capacity carts is 1280, on the other hand.
Well in comparision to other large arts, it isn't so bad.
If his core was better, pretty sure other people wouldn't mind the cost since he is a large art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How bad really is normal Sturbanger.   How bad really is normal Sturbanger. Empty

Back to top Go down

How bad really is normal Sturbanger.
Page 1 of 1