Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What am I doing wrong?

Go down 
+5
Vsin
Desu
LoneWolfZX
NovaZero
gsfan17
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gsfan17
gsfan17

Male Posts : 26

What am I doing wrong? Empty
PostSubject: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:33 am

In every war I've ever played in, i keep getting last place and i'm always kicked from the matching every other round i'm in. Ive used my strongest 3 bots in a commando for damage, but took too much cost from the team apparently. I used my weakest to keep cost down, but apparently i'm not strong enough. I tried my midrange 700~800 bots as an attempt to balance this; still not strong enough to take other bots down apparently. I tried full offence and full defence, still last every time. Anyone have any tips to share?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:35 am

It depends on who you're up against. You're probably joining games where high level players play in. Avoid those rooms. Do the lower rank arena rooms before taking on the pros.

If your rank is past those rooms, then I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:38 am

gsfan17 wrote:
In every war I've ever played in, i keep getting last place and i'm always kicked from the matching every other round i'm in. Ive used my strongest 3 bots in a commando for damage, but took too much cost from the team apparently. I used my weakest to keep cost down, but apparently i'm not strong enough. I tried my midrange 700~800 bots as an attempt to balance this; still not strong enough to take other bots down apparently. I tried full offence and full defence, still last every time. Anyone have any tips to share?

Let me point something out, in this stage of beta almost everyone has a super pwn rape tuned mech and we all know the tricks of the trade about the game and how to use our mechs. I take it you did not start beta when it first started?
Back to top Go down
gsfan17
gsfan17

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:41 am

@NovaZero
My current rank is Steel Hero 13. I try to stay in the 30 man rooms, i do even worse in 60 man

@Mayhem
I started a day after the OBT came out.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:45 am

Then either you're up against pros like Muscat or you keep charging in the front line too much. Or both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 am

gsfan17 wrote:
@NovaZero
My current rank is Steel Hero 13. I try to stay in the 30 man rooms, i do even worse in 60 man

@Mayhem
I started a day after the OBT came out.

Well then It seems I insulted the fuck out of you, my apologies.

I suggest taking a screenshot of your mechs with their stats so that I can analyze them.
Back to top Go down
gsfan17
gsfan17

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:51 am

You didn't insult me, no way you could of known with out me telling you. I'll get a few pictures up shortly.

Last edited by gsfan17 on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LoneWolfZX
LoneWolfZX

Male Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:10 am

Like it been said before all mechs have different strengths and weakness's, without know what you use we cant really help you too much
so ya post a screenie
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~wolfand/
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:11 am

If you're using artillery mechs, then theres your problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 am

Desu wrote:

I've used plenty of arts in a game and got me first. I've even used Saggitary to rush up to the front lines and still managed to cause massive havok and once again got first. We shall see what his builds are in a moment, hopefuly.
Back to top Go down
gsfan17
gsfan17

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:35 am

All of my bots ordered by how much i use them. First being most used. I normaly just mix the first 7 into about 3 commandos.
Spoiler:

Lily Rain.
Weapons Hand Bazooka Mod and Ancient Bazooka
Mods: Run: on Right arm, Health: on Booster
Spoiler:

Seraph Crimrose
Weapon Handy Magnum and L-11 Bayonet
No other changes
Spoiler:

Winberrl Ellen
Weapon: Double Magnum x2 + Arm weapons
No other changes
Spoiler:

Medi Aide
Weapon: Rage Machine Gun + Viper Shield
No other changes
Spoiler:

Zero Saber Girl x3
Weapon: Metal Slayer, Handy Magnum
No other changes
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 am

Lily Rain: Switch out that handy mod for a normal handy or try to get another ancient. You have a lot of extra cost left over going un-used so I suggest you get a cartridge reset and use that cartridge for something more useful. You can solo with her moderately if you want to do so. She is a good offence art unlike most of the others.

S Crimrose: Sorry but that magnum has to go, and possibly that laser as well. The best weapons to use as an air are blasters or beams. I personally like auto beam guns myself. When you fix her you should be able to solo with ease and get loads of kills on lands.

Winberrl Ellen: Replace those useless doubles with two handy bazookas. The best way to use her is freeze someone in place and then UNLEASH HELL on them with high damage weapons, IE bazookas. You should not be soloing with her unless you are more pro at it. Otherwise it is good to stick with a few team mates.

Medi Aide: Seems ok to me, you can't really use supports to kill people. You are there to farm WB by hitting either people or destructable objects such as trees so that you can place out your heal bit. Obviously you should stick back with team mates.

ZS Girl: Never used her nor will I ever. I got a handful of Mighty Bynes for my melee bots. For a small fast hyrbrid I'd rather use Jikun, but that is just me.

There is something else you are suppose to get for Lily but I totally forgot what... Anywho I hope this helps out. Also tune the shit out of your bots. Cool
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:41 am

Don't know what I can help with your Medi Aides.

Your Lily Rain and Winberrl seems fine. If you are able, get 2 Misside AMs or roll garapon for 2 Folded Rifle AMJs, attach to Lily Rain and replace the Ancient Bazooka with a Hand Bazooka Mod for added firepower.

Give your Seraph Crimrose 2 Wing Plus AMJs.

Only thing left is your style of play. What do you usually do in battle?

Mayhem wrote:
S Crimrose: Sorry but that magnum has to go, and possibly that laser as well. The best weapons to use as an air are blasters or beams. I personally like auto beam guns myself. When you fix her you should be able to solo with ease and get loads of kills on lands.
I disagree about the L-11. Lasers aren't as bad as people make them to be. But then the L-11's a bayonet type. I suggest you replace it with a Handy Laser for capacity space and because melee-ing in the air is a bit difficult to do.

I agree with the magnum, though. Get a Beamgun, Wide Beamgun(modded or otherwise) for better performance.

Last edited by NovaZero on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LoneWolfZX
LoneWolfZX

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:42 am

Desu wrote:

Hey dont hate on ART's they are pretty damn useful once you get the hang of them

Ya lily's are kind of tricky to use your more of a midrange lad unit without the hp, you got to be hard and fast when you use her, or else you gonna get pwned.
You could also use her as a sniper unit if you dont like mixxing it up with everyone but you wont be able to equip some of the better weps for that role so its up to you. I havent used any of the other units so i cant help you out with those.

gl happy hunting

Last edited by LoneWolfZX on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:43 am

LoneWolfZX wrote:
Hey dont hate on ART's they are pretty damn useful once you get the hang of them
No one's hating on the arties. The problem may stem from how he fights as an artie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:52 am

NovaZero wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
I disagree about the L-11. Lasers aren't as bad as people make them to be. But then the L-11's a bayonet type. I suggest you replace it with a Handy Laser for capacity space and because melee-ing in the air is a bit difficult to do.

That's why I said it "possibly has to go". Don't get me wrong, I know the power of lasers. But you have to understand they lack a lot range, and being in the air means a lot of times you might find yourself too high to hit anyone. But everyone else will hit you. Lasers have a lot of power but the range and even the ammo is a turn off to me, if not anyone else. Longer ranged beams tend to add to a higher survivability factor especially since they last longer in a game, ammo wise. But yeah melee on a air is kind of silly imo.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:03 am

Mayhem wrote:
That's why I said it "possibly has to go". Don't get me wrong, I know the power of lasers. But you have to understand they lack a lot range, and being in the air means a lot of times you might find yourself too high to hit anyone. But everyone else will hit you. Lasers have a lot of power but the range and even the ammo is a turn off to me, if not anyone else. Longer ranged beams tend to add to a higher survivability factor especially since they last longer in a game, ammo wise. But yeah melee on a air is kind of silly imo.
Yeah, range is a laser's problem, but I see them more as land killers, due to how insane their tracking is. The altitude issue can be averted a bit by float dashing off a cliff.

Also, air melee can be good if you play like an assassin, but even then that's risky.
Back to top Go down
LoneWolfZX
LoneWolfZX

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:11 am

NovaZero wrote:
LoneWolfZX wrote:
No one's hating on the arties. The problem may stem from how he fights as an artie.

My bad sorry for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down
Vsin

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:36 am

Melee from the air? I've done that a lot...mostly out of insanity but yeah. I remember getting tons of kills on my Ghost Raider because of melee XD However, trying to melee with Seraph is kinda a bad idea (yes, I've tried, it's fun but...) because it makes it hard to activate the Seraph Wing and/or Barrel Roll when you add a third sub weapon. I don't hate on Lasers though, they've got top notch accuracy and the range hasn't actually been that painful to maintain for me (granted, I don't use them much anymore). Plus, they have good burst damage. The magnum...eeehhh, not the best weapon, mostly because of mediocre projectile size. Stunguns seem much better for the same cost.

For Zero Saber Girl, I probably wouldn't use that Slayer. Despite what the combo looks like, the accuracy on that thing actually kinda stinks. Like, halfway to Devine Blade stinks. I'd rather go with a Sonic Blade, which costs 5 less cap, has the same force, is more accurate and has a smaller startup time.

For Medi Aide, I'd sooner stick a rifle (Assault Rifle? Rage Rifle?) into her hands than a machinegun. It lets you contribute to the battle for gaining Wonder instead of being forced to farm trees/cacti/whatnot. Plus you don't have to move right into *whatever's* face in order to hit it.
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:35 am

junk the lolis

Bring out the true mecha.

The only good lolis? Seraph and Ivis
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 am

Kampfer wrote:
junk the lolis

Bring out the true mecha.

The only good lolis? Seraph and Ivis
As much as I like ZS Girl, Kampf has a point. ZS Girl is not customizable at all. Meanwhile, a plain old Zero Saber with the same settings as whatever ZS Girl was using will be achieved with less total BP, leaving room for more tune ups or different parts. I mean, Zero Saber Girl with a Slash Blade/Metal Slayer had 1015 BP and had to be Lv. 5 to be able to use it, while Zero Saber managed the same setting at Lv 3 and only at 900+ BP.

Though if you insist on a ZS Girl, roll for a Christmas Zero Saber Girl. She at least has 1 booster slot available.
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

Also:
1. if u want to use medi aide, try putting winberyl drawguns on her
2. ur winberyl has sway?
3. ur crimrose seraph is seriously understatted and terribly custom-ed
4. ur crimrose seraph has junk cartridges, mainly stun regain and float dash.
5. ur choosing bad weapons. Rage machine gun, magnums, L-11? Metal isn't a bad sword but slashblade is so much better.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 am

Mayhem wrote:

I've used plenty of arts in a game and got me first. I've even used Saggitary to rush up to the front lines and still managed to cause massive havok and once again got first. We shall see what his builds are in a moment, hopefuly.

First of all im not talking about all arts, since your rushing to the front lines then you're doing fine.

LoneWolfZX wrote:

Ya lily's are kind of tricky to use your more of a midrange lad unit without the hp, you got to be hard and fast when you use her, or else you gonna get pwned.
You could also use her as a sniper unit if you dont like mixxing it up with everyone but you wont be able to equip some of the better weps for that role so its up to you. I havent used any of the other units so i cant help you out with those.

gl happy hunting

Lone, if you're using your Lily like a sniper unit then your pretty much doing what the sturbangers and toyboxes are doing at the power spot.

All in all i'm talking about people being idiots and adding guns on guns on guns in PVP then camping their powerspot, because those arts are pretty much dead if i'm in the game with my air.

Back on topic, If you plan on using the lily rain well, with tune ups, i suggest ditching your arms that she has atm and getting something better, preferably lily rain arms with THREE slots, then you add two blast bazookas.

Also your better off removing the enhance internal weapon upgrade and adding blast guard, moving burst, floating dash or stealth system to your lilly.

For your seraph, i suggest you use a cartridge reset on her immediatly and max out her capacity, get quick boost, and both internal upgrades then you equip Cross raptor AM 2's on her and have either a Auto beam rifle + Sheild, Auto beam rifle + Paralyzer or a Paralyzer + Plasma. Then tune her up for maximum FLY and tech, (be sure to keep wlk at 1 though.)

For your Winberrl i suggest getting a shine buster booster replacing her legs with Laz Flame LG's and adding another Shine buster booster. Then equiping either two handy bazookas or two acient once, since you'll be SUPPORTING. Also tune up tech first, then you can work on wlk.

Use the same build for your medi aid.

For your Zero Saber girl, reset cartridge immediately, then get maximum tune ups and boost run, tough run and something else i forgot. But for your weapons i suggest giving her a dual barbarian claws. Tune up for wlk and str.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
gsfan17
gsfan17

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Thank you for your help everyone!
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Seraph crimrose
change your weapon get a auto beam rifle or a wide beam gun mod or a paralyzer and a gunstriker on the other arm

why the wide range of weapons
if your a fly dly dly click person use auto beam rifle or if your a hold click and strafe left or right use wide beam gun mod or paralyzer and if your the close range type us a blaster

lily rain
acient zookas blast zookas or handy zookas dual any of em and they will do you good and sue the trans skirt alot when fighting fast flying mechs

windberl
as stated by desu
or keep here as it and add a draw gun and a sword to farm for WBDs

ZSG
ivis would been better but ivis will be gon after beta so no comment

for melee use houndog mech or any of the jikun series
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What am I doing wrong?   What am I doing wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

What am I doing wrong?