Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What can you do in a certain conditions?

Go down 
+8
Atila
FreedomFighter
Abolla
Hyoka
FenixStryk
TaeTae
NovaZero
Wolf Hikari
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

What can you do in a certain conditions? Empty
PostSubject: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:21 pm

I was wondering if you can really do something when you get trapped or something...

Like AIR bots that suddenly runs out their boost and fall down to any LND type enemy bots like Ivis/ Ouka, etc. or even when fall to the grenades or something that explodes... >_<

LND that trapped at the enemies territories(usually at the power spot) and fired or attacked by beam weapons that will kill you...

ART that can't run anymore when caught by the enemy's LND or meele type AIR bots...

Or anything that usually make you hard to avoid then... "BZZZZ!!!" "BOOM!"

>_< (seeing my bots was like infected by a virus, lagging or something("BZZ!!") really makes me MAD! moreover to my precious Lily Rain that cost too much!! and make my union lose, that is more i hate!)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:38 pm

If I'm my Seraph Crim, spam Seraph Tackle and pray I survive.

Other than that, it's pretty much "Gomenasai---" *BZZZZZZ BOOM*

Of course, there's stuff like Accel Loop and Air Loop, but those are for wimps.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:43 pm

I don't mind the bzzz... BOOM part,
as long as you do something ... helpful before that happens.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Well doing something really help! XD
But luck is't always...
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:09 pm

>accidentally near an Ivis
>"Are-- are-- are wa"
>bit is fully charged
>tap bit for invince, try to Float Dash away
>"Are wa--"
>disable bit early for invince, try to Float Dash away again
>"Are--"
>*BZZ* *BOOM!*
>my face

Sometimes I'll get lucky and Float Dash away, at which point I Vanish Jump and kill the Ivis... but if I can't...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Seems like wonderbits are the best way to avoid most fatal situations.

For flying, I suppose the brickgale or tengu boosters give you a lot more options.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 pm

FunThingsAreFun wrote:
For flying, I suppose the brickgale or tengu boosters give you a lot more options.
Absolutely, without a doubt. Any part or built-in that gives you instant max altitude is a god-send as an Air type. I can't tell you how many times I've won a duel because I was able to land, Float Dash behind a pebble, Vanish Jump and finish the job against an enemy between boost bars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:20 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
FunThingsAreFun wrote:
Absolutely, without a doubt. Any part or built-in that gives you instant max altitude is a god-send as an Air type. I can't tell you how many times I've won a duel because I was able to land, Float Dash behind a pebble, Vanish Jump and finish the job against an air between boost bars.

Oh yeah, forgot Vanish Jump. Surprised

If you're falling, and you have someone shooting at you, also using those boosters to get down even faster can really throw someone off. Because it's not a "natural" thing for an air unit to instantly get to the ground, it'll give you another second or two to plot out what you're going to do next.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:56 pm

FunThingsAreFun wrote:
If you're falling, and you have someone shooting at you, also using those boosters to get down even faster can really throw someone off. Because it's not a "natural" thing for an air unit to instantly get to the ground, it'll give you another second or two to plot out what you're going to do next.
I didn't often use Vanish Jump to descend. It's not like Tengu's equivalent, which raises/lowers you slightly before it finished; Vanish Jump stops and spins you for about a half-second before it throws you all the way up/down. If you use it with bad timing, you'll just get hit during the spin; that's why I learned to mainly use it behind cover or when I know they're not close enough to hit me in that half-second-- ...but I digress.

Great move; has its uses. I just wouldn't necessarily recommend it for when bullets are flying right at you, since the spin will just leave you open long enough to get hit by them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Well the best booster for rapidly descending would have to be the brickgale, I should have been more specific.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 pm

Too bad his STOVL doesn't have that much ammo compared to Tengu BS

Well, and then there's the fact that Brickgale BS is S-sized...
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:18 pm

AIR in a sea of LND - Have Quick Jump (Always have this) or Float Dash. Land on the floor and instantly fly again towards your teammates. To be more effective, shoot while you run away so even if you do die you still did some damage.

LND in the enemy base. If you're bound by a Berrl, go watch funny pictures of puppies as you wait for death. (Or luckily get Whirlwinded out somehow :^) )
If not bound - Short Boost or Boost Run through the least populated/least skilled players facing the most opponents you can and hope you escape :^) This is assuming you have shields.

ART faced with a melee - Short Boost wisely, try to use the terrain to your advantage and jump on pebbles or something.
Can also Boost Run if you survive the melee combo.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:06 am

FenixStryk wrote:
FunThingsAreFun wrote:
I didn't often use Vanish Jump to descend. It's not like Tengu's equivalent, which raises/lowers you slightly before it finished; Vanish Jump stops and spins you for about a half-second before it throws you all the way up/down. If you use it with bad timing, you'll just get hit during the spin; that's why I learned to mainly use it behind cover or when I know they're not close enough to hit me in that half-second-- ...but I digress.

Great move; has its uses. I just wouldn't necessarily recommend it for when bullets are flying right at you, since the spin will just leave you open long enough to get hit by them.

i never use Tengu or VTOL ability but Vanish Jump while Airbone didn't send you instantly to ground?
i don't see my Kamui spinning at all only if she were on ground.

i want to use additional BS for ability to survive but my cost already run out. pale
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 am

FunThingsAreFun wrote:
Seems like wonderbits are the best way to avoid most fatal situations.

Tengu and your avatar reminds me to Aya... But the tengu BS... I don't remember if I have one...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:15 am

Almost everyone has a tengu, assuming you were in a clan during OBT2.
Back to top Go down
Atila
Newcomer
Newcomer
Atila

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Use fire pillar & pray it opens a path for u...
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:33 am

FreedomFighter wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:
FunThingsAreFun wrote:

i never use Tengu or VTOL ability but Vanish Jump while Airbone didn't send you instantly to ground?

i want to use additional BS for ability to survive but my cost already run out. pale

hmm... mine AIR (izuna - Air Snipers) using 2 emergency runaway system... it own izuna internal vanish jump, and tengu jump. also in CBEN, due garapon Brigale , before 2nd beta end, im switch from using tengu wing to Double brigale wing .

The Main point, mine Izuna almost never fly ,even she run on ground if just for move, except for running away... i need Stable Aim for sniping anyway... So, the conlusion, im never mistaken mine Vanishing Jump/Tengu Jump/ VTOL due im certainly on ground if not running away
mostly seems they never thought the one snipe em was AIR instead LND, so... they suprised when their target suddenly jump off and run from em using WING ROAD...

Same Happen to mine Thoarla, instead , due the BIG CANNON and it WALK ON LEG, most ppl think it was ART, till it jump off and shoot em from AIR

For Crim, due she S size (mean she agile enuf for running away) i just give her as many fly i can spare (around 35 fly untuned) and quick jump + quick boost recovery

meh... i hope i still can make something like this when CBEN released... gonna lot work to do...Especialy Aquila LG for Thoarla and Stardust Cannon... mean im goin need buy both Rt Bot : Thoarla and Aquilla
not count izuna itself Rt Bot Tho...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Sash/a/
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
I was wondering if you can really do something when you get trapped or something...

Like AIR bots that suddenly runs out their boost and fall down to any LND type enemy bots like Ivis/ Ouka, etc. or even when fall to the grenades or something that explodes... >_<

LND that trapped at the enemies territories(usually at the power spot) and fired or attacked by beam weapons that will kill you...

ART that can't run anymore when caught by the enemy's LND or meele type AIR bots...

Or anything that usually make you hard to avoid then... "BZZZZ!!!" "BOOM!"

>_< (seeing my bots was like infected by a virus, lagging or something("BZZ!!") really makes me MAD! moreover to my precious Lily Rain that cost too much!! and make my union lose, that is more i hate!)

Quick land and brickgale bs
Back to top Go down
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: You're doing it wrong.   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 3:24 pm

If your LND is surrounded at the enemy PS, and you didn't plan for it, then you're doing something wrong. Don't rush into an enemy horde unless you have a plan! Some such plans I've used are:

1. Use a low-cost "kamikaze" robot who you can afford to lose.
2. Take some Hurricane Blows, Fire Pillars, and similar items to open an escape route.
3. Catch the enemy by surprise: The enemies at the PS are rarely looking behind themselves. Once you hit them, quickly run away before the enemy realizes what hit them.
4. Be really, really, really fast. My 36 WLK Accel Saber with Boost Running can sprint through an enemy mob without taking much damage.

Of course, make sure to have one of these BEFORE you recklessly charge the enemy.

If your AIR runs out of boost, and lands in a mob of enemies, and you didn't plan for it, then you're doing something wrong. Before flying over a swarm of foes, consider the following:

1. Keep track of your boost gauge! If you expect to run out of boost over dangerous enemies, then don't fly over them!
2. Carry Hurricane Blow, Fire Pillars, etc. These can break you out of a bad situation.
3. Do a barrel roll! To barrel roll, press Z or R twice!

...actually, don't. It won't work.

If your ART is being attacked by melee LND units...well, that might not be your fault. You're pretty much boned. Sorry. Of course, you should keep shooting (or at least keep TRYING to shoot.) You may as well do some damage before you die!
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Shin Majin wrote:

If your ART is being attacked by melee LND units...well, that might not be your fault. You're pretty much boned. Sorry. Of course, you should keep shooting (or at least keep TRYING to shoot.) You may as well do some damage before you die!
actually idea why ART need High TGH due this situation... so they still can keep rampage even they being bashed, Especialy if the ART bot are Flamer Basis type (using grenade or flamers), they need almost close range combat for eficienty

anyway... myself always carry flamethrowers to repel some "bugs"... well... often not work to blazed baron. Another suggestion is bring heavy melle weapon like mace, hammer or axe (if you can, Jet Hammer), due ART often doesnt have good STR they need heaviest weapon they can get.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Courius wrote:
Shin Majin wrote:

actually idea why ART need High TGH due this situation... so they still can keep rampage even they being bashed, Especialy if the ART bot are Flamer Basis type (using grenade or flamers), they need almost close range combat for eficienty

anyway... myself always carry flamethrowers to repel some "bugs"... well... often not work to blazed baron. Another suggestion is bring heavy melle weapon like mace, hammer or axe (if you can, Jet Hammer), due ART often doesnt have good STR they need heaviest weapon they can get.

Problem: 40 TGH still get stunned (and very quickly at that) by Ivis.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:23 pm

1. Don't suck
2. Be Chuck Norris
3. 1 and 2
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm

The main thing about inescapable scenarios is that they can be avoided entirely once you know the signs of one creeping up on you. If you're an Air on a half-tank of boost, you should either be returning to a perch or looking for a mighty fine safe spot on the ground to land on, preferably behind a rock/corner or void of enemies entirely. An Ivis will never catch you if you're always aware of your Boost meter and your positioning.

The most common cause of death in Cosmic Break is getting too eager and overextending yourself, leaving you open to punishment. Avoid that and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Courius wrote:
Shin Majin wrote:

Problem: 40 TGH still get stunned (and very quickly at that) by Ivis.

yea... there's a fact that you never cant really resist stun from stun-weapon like shock knife, ivis crimson veil, elecgun or thunder rod... even if you wearing the ivis crimson veil at 40 tgh... reason why im always carry elecgun type weapon as secondary weapon
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:01 am

Courius wrote:
FreedomFighter wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:
FunThingsAreFun wrote:

hmm... mine AIR (izuna - Air Snipers) using 2 emergency runaway system... it own izuna internal vanish jump, and tengu jump. also in CBEN, due garapon Brigale , before 2nd beta end, im switch from using tengu wing to Double brigale wing .

The Main point, mine Izuna almost never fly ,even she run on ground if just for move, except for running away... i need Stable Aim for sniping anyway... So, the conlusion, im never mistaken mine Vanishing Jump/Tengu Jump/ VTOL due im certainly on ground if not running away
mostly seems they never thought the one snipe em was AIR instead LND, so... they suprised when their target suddenly jump off and run from em using WING ROAD...

Same Happen to mine Thoarla, instead , due the BIG CANNON and it WALK ON LEG, most ppl think it was ART, till it jump off and shoot em from AIR

For Crim, due she S size (mean she agile enuf for running away) i just give her as many fly i can spare (around 35 fly untuned) and quick jump + quick boost recovery

meh... i hope i still can make something like this when CBEN released... gonna lot work to do...Especialy Aquila LG for Thoarla and Stardust Cannon... mean im goin need buy both Rt Bot : Thoarla and Aquilla
not count izuna itself Rt Bot Tho...

Izuna >>> Cheap+High Perform
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can you do in a certain conditions?   What can you do in a certain conditions? Empty

Back to top Go down

What can you do in a certain conditions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next