Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healing.. ?

Go down 
+18
Midona
CapeMike
knyx
FireKiller87
Nisa
RoflWaffle
Suguri
Rinrin
rei_hunter
Etherlight
reVelske
Trill
Courius
NovaZero
Divinity
Raki
NumeroDoS
SurrealSight
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Healing.. ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 pm

knyx wrote:
Etherlight wrote:
5. Do not heal BOTS on Epoch Defense. Heal the powerspot when it sustains damage. If your bot is too short, you'll need to jump up in order to get the PS under your healing bit.

O U ETHER

*now someone comes and tells me that you can actually heal the PS*
You can. Which is why you use supports on defense and votekick anyone with a repair bit on offense.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:20 pm

So something really tall like a greinaut with missile barrel and big montaiz LG= PS healer supreme?

Gonna check this out in training arena and alt+C viewpoint.

Edit: son of a gun, it's healing a PS.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 12:51 am

Man, I show up to the thread a wee bit late.... Wink

Anyway, pretty much everything said here is good advice...; know the map, know where the best healing spots are, Broad Radar definately helps if you have the capacity for it!

A long-range weapon never hurts, either...bazookas are always a good choice for supports....

It also helps if you've been doing it for awhile...after awhile, people will know how you react in given situations...for example, nowadays, I tend to be very skittish when healing anywhere(Pulsardios are -very- large targets), so the instant I move at all while healing, even if it's turning in place, nearby teammates will react accordingly...if I suddenly bolt and run, that pile clears out in a hurry...of course, I guess it couldn't hurt to make a macro or 2.......if I knew how.... <_<;;

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:20 am

I'll give some advice as I'm a common sup player (Dream trio Bugsy/Medi/JG2).

1) Do NOT heal at PS unless there is NOBODY in your horizon which is an enemy and you know enemy don't have much seraphs. A lot of healer heal at PS and this is easily the most stupid spot to do it. Like going in the middle of a battlefield and using a postnote with "Please shot me".

2) Try to find somewhere the nearest to the powerspot when most of the enemies can't see you. This way your mates will not have to travel a lot to find you

3) Do NOT spam the "Repairing message" more than twice in 10 seconds. Players are not totally stupid. Whatever is the number of times you'll use it, the same bots will still fight or come to you. I often damn the SUP players which spam it just for my ears.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:31 am

SurrealSight wrote:
was healing a bot at the back away from a PS in Epoch,
i can see why the rage. although he should have stated heal "the" PS, not "at the" PS.

healers sets the flow of the game, so that's actually a huge responsibility for being "healers". you don't just add a couple of hp to teammates and such, you dictate their positioning and movements. getting some people to heal means them not being in a place where they can assist teammates.
in an event where a team was losing, "healing" almost never turns the tide around no matter where you were healing at. the pressure is on your team so any healing cluster would end up being massacred. even if you're healing at the back, the frontlines would soon be dead and your current heal spot would be the frontline, then see previous sentence while add to that the destruction of your PS if you're healing behind it.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:32 am

Midona wrote:
Players are not totally stupid.

Neutral

And thread is now in Repeat Mode.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:44 am

Midona wrote:

1) Do NOT heal at PS unless there is NOBODY in your horizon which is an enemy and you know enemy don't have much seraphs. A lot of healer heal at PS and this is easily the most stupid spot to do it. Like going in the middle of a battlefield and using a postnote with "Please shot me".

2) Try to find somewhere the nearest to the powerspot when most of the enemies can't see you. This way your mates will not have to travel a lot to find you

3) Do NOT spam the "Repairing message" more than twice in 10 seconds. Players are not totally stupid. Whatever is the number of times you'll use it, the same bots will still fight or come to you. I often damn the SUP players which spam it just for my ears.

#3's a good suggestion; I usually announce 'Repairing', wait 2 seconds, announce it again, then stop...in larger battles(i.e., 30 vs 30), I'll repeat x3, just in case there's a lot of radio chatter.... Idea
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:59 am

About the repair message: say it before you start healing, say it as long as the bit last and repeat th message once the little speaker icon on the map vanishes again, after WB gauge went empty inform the people with ** Negative **

Oh and don't use that gormless C.S. voice for goodness sake Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:24 am

Kecepirit wrote:
SurrealSight wrote:
was healing a bot at the back away from a PS in Epoch,
i can see why the rage. although he should have stated heal "the" PS, not "at the" PS.

It really was a judgment call, with less than 50 HP, attempting any PS maneuver would have meant an instant death, so I hung back and healed that bot first (do a bit of good before expiring, right? Incidentally it was a Nicole). As I said, the moment I went back in and jumped a couple of times to heal the PS, boom.

reVelske wrote:
Midona wrote:

Neutral

And thread is now in Repeat Mode.

Haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:52 am

SurrealSight wrote:
It really was a judgment call, with less than 50 HP, attempting any PS maneuver would have meant an instant death, so I hung back and healed that bot first (do a bit of good before expiring, right? Incidentally it was a Nicole). As I said, the moment I went back in and jumped a couple of times to heal the PS, boom.
it's a bit of a mix of everyone knowing what's best at the moment, time constrained.
as been stated,
Midona wrote:
so for some that unfortunately do, the rest have to carry.

in epoch, for instance, most of the time its much better to actually just die instantly and spawn with a fresh bot, doing much more useful stuff.
if the PS is so much constantly under heavy barrage, then the team lacks able hitters and/or shields/barriers and the PS is as good as dead.
as such, healing at the back wont help with the PS/epoch either doesn't matter who/what you healed.
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 am

Kecepirit wrote:

it's a bit of a mix of everyone knowing what's best at the moment, time constrained.

in epoch, for instance, most of the time its much better to actually just die instantly and spawn with a fresh bot, doing much more useful stuff.
if the PS is so much constantly under heavy barrage, then the team lacks able hitters and/or shields/barriers and the PS is as good as dead.
as such, healing at the back wont help with the PS/epoch either doesn't matter who/what you healed.

Good call (minus the unnecessary bit). Anyway, I can't really remember the details but the "able hitters" bit may also have been a factor.

In any case, I think the thread has run its course, as reVelske has suggested. Unless there's more to add about Epoch tactics, it's probably time to conclude. Thanks for all the replies.
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:55 pm

A good weapon to use while healing : pulse gun. Since the ennemy will come to you, the range is not a problem, and the fact it's a stun weapon will help the bots you heal to take down the attacker.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Shikaze wrote:
A good weapon to use while healing : pulse gun. Since the ennemy will come to you, the range is not a problem, and the fact it's a stun weapon will help the bots you heal to take down the attacker.

Drawguns r even better.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Winberrl ams
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

CapeMike wrote:
Midona wrote:

#3's a good suggestion; I usually announce 'Repairing', wait 2 seconds, announce it again, then stop...in larger battles(i.e., 30 vs 30), I'll repeat x3, just in case there's a lot of radio chatter.... Idea

agree with number 3...

actually ... im almost never yell repair when using my laz chan... if anyone near death comes to me near powerspot or any semi-hide area in front lines, im open my repair bit, and close it as i see they full healed ,dont care if they actually not fully healed or not, just if i see the bar full, i close, so they not just nagging near me and leave the front lines open.

then i back gunning the enemy from cover... (chibi with long range+reload ammo circle really useful for me who using beam rifle)

pardon me if im not a good doctor...

Shikaze wrote:
kinda disagree ... even im fans of pulse gun (almost all my bot carry that), im always bring Beam Rifle for any medic bot... since i need capable for shoot back while hiding inside crowd when any enemy on sight...

actually... in my opinion , best weapon for medic is Thunder Rod, since it capable hit your target even it covered by tons of your allies , it strike from above after all...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing.. ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2