Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Healing.. ?

Go down 
+18
Midona
CapeMike
knyx
FireKiller87
Nisa
RoflWaffle
Suguri
Rinrin
rei_hunter
Etherlight
reVelske
Trill
Courius
NovaZero
Divinity
Raki
NumeroDoS
SurrealSight
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 am

I've had someone remark to me to "please learn where to heal", and I asked twice for advice, to which I received no reply from said someone.

Another isolated incident I've had another someone remark "heal at the PS fools", when I was healing a bot at the back away from a PS in Epoch, with all of my less than 50 HP. I healed the bot a while, then charged and went to a PS, opened up heal and promptly went boom. I then brought out another healer.

So here I am to ask about healing.

There isn't much literature here on healer support, some are of the opinion of healing at PS for the faster heal speed/PS heal (in general, and not just in Epoch), some are flexible about it. I've not seen anyone make a case yet about the distance teammates have to travel to get healing.

What do you think? I prefer being flexible, and not having teammates travel so far since it releases pressure on the opposing team. Advice on parts and tuning welcome as well.

"???", healer, Priestol chassis and other parts. 14/14 Str/Tec untuned, Repair Bit, Handy machinegun and Beam machinegun.
Healing.. ? Surre_11

Anyway, on no occasion is it grounds for anyone to take out his/her frustration on another teammate (see two incidents above). It's a game for goodness' sake. Be nice to someone who's willing to take a shit score to help out. In all my healing matches I've only seen my Br drop even with Best Supporter and a winning side.

Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:33 am

When it comes to healing, I tend to just ignore what my own teams says and act under my own volition.

Here's some of my personal advice when it comes to healing:
- Heal at secluded areas, preferably corners of walls or tunnels, since you and your heal group will only have to worry about two, sometimes one, sides where your enemies can attack.
- PS healing is only good, imo, when your team is on the offensive. In most cases, it's an open area that can easily be wrecked by the likes of a rambo LND or a firepillar AIR.
- Most of the time, I prefer healing my teammates at the comfort of our base rather than follow them way out in enemy area. I know the shorter travel distance will help keep on the pressure but realize that you are pooling your damaged allies in an area near to the enemy, which could easily turn the tables quickly.

That's most of the general healing advice I can give. IF I add anything else, they'll all be purely preferential options~
Back to top Go down
Raki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Raki

Male Posts : 281

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:38 am

eh still re-reading that, but IMO for a healer it think one should have long range weapons or a balance, never know when one of your mates is being chased by a random, and youd need to extra your support ^^;;;
Back to top Go down
http://alb4alb.blogspot.com/
SurrealSight

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:56 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
When it comes to healing, I tend to just ignore what my own teams says and act under my own volition.

Here's some of my personal advice when it comes to healing:
- Heal at secluded areas, preferably corners of walls or tunnels, since you and your heal group will only have to worry about two, sometimes one, sides where your enemies can attack.
- PS healing is only good, imo, when your team is on the offensive. In most cases, it's an open area that can easily be wrecked by the likes of a rambo LND or a firepillar AIR.
- Most of the time, I prefer healing my teammates at the comfort of our base rather than follow them way out in enemy area. I know the shorter travel distance will help keep on the pressure but realize that you are pooling your damaged allies in an area near to the enemy, which could easily turn the tables quickly.

Precisely, from what I understand, healing locations seem to be a trade-off. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:04 am

Yep. All in all, just learn to read the situation you and your team are currently in and you'll do fine.
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:19 am

Depends on how offensive your heal bot can be really.
If you can frag stuff while healing, then by all means, heal just behind the frontlines -> this lets your team mates get back into action faster.
PS healing imo is a waste of time unless your team has all retreated and the enemy is also healing (but this is when you should be rushing).

I think that the two examples of people are just mean players who took advantage of your rank. Because really, when star rank players heal even in the front line, no one complains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:23 am

Get broad radar and use common sense. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:25 am

Heal in different spots depending on the situation, as others said. If the PS isn't in any danger, then sure, heal in the PS. Otherwise, heal somewhere farther from the PS.

Also, some stuff that can help you when healing:
-Have your SUP bot learn Broad Radar.
-Add in a chat macro saying something along the lines of "Enemy approaching".
-Hold TAB while healing.
-If you see a red dot move close to your healing pit, press the chat macro to warn your allies.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:47 am

well... eventought mostly look dumb... bein support bot have it own challenge... imma sez it depend on your call...

if you dont really confidence , stay behind and be a good doctor, threat every one who arrive with healing bit (or spare Repair Kit +100) and keep your inventories full from the tress/ barrel/ cactus /whatever you can blow up in behind. If any enemies comes closer , dont be stupid waitin your own misery, jump away and throw everything you have in your pocket to em.

if you're feelin fit being combat medic, go middle line-front line (dont too front please), do your stuff (either burst fire bit or healing bit UNDER SOME COVER) while gunning your enemy. bit tips from me, stay hide behind any L size bots.

and... if you doesnt feel can fill any role above, get Triple Guard (sword, blast and beam) and get any mobility cart that suit your fighting style best (Short Boost, Float Dash, Sway etc). Dont bother using healing and Burst Fire bit, instead, get undead / teleport bit ... make them feel terror of support bot.

well... that's all from me...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 9:59 am

I use my Medi Aide with Winberll AM's and 2 Microzooks. I tend to stay on the frontlines fighting, and as I see people retreat from being low HP, I go a area safe from fire, such as behind a wall and will heal 1-2 people as they need it. I can heal more often on less people per heal bit since I fight constantly to recharge my bit.

There's different styles of SUP bots, so just find what's good for you. You'll have to kind of just try things and see if it works and how effective it is.

I use a Teleport bit on my chibi. I put it at the PS and will run around behind the other side of the enemy team behind their lines, telling people not to go in yet until I get to the other side, although stupid newbs tend not to listen. Astal_Gods does this at epoch offense, but with 4 WDs for the longer voyage.
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks for all the responses and the many ways of healing.

My bot isn't high enough to get Broad Radar yet, though I do Tab and keep a manual head spin for LNDs/AIRs while healing.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 am

Few simple things to keep in mind as a healer:

1. NEVER heal on Epoch offense. Survival of the offense team is completely irrelevant.

2. Watch your map closely (Read: Broad Radar), only heal when it seems like a good time to heal, if it could possibly pull too many people back from the frontline when they are exerting good pressure, don't do it, rather wait for a good time to heal. Though, if it looks like your team is derping way too hard trying to exert pressure on opposing team's PS, use heal to pull the idiots back.

3. Heal under PS only when the area around it seem well secure and is under no threat of being swarmed for the duration of the heal.

EDIT: oh and something I forgot to mention:

4. HEALING BITS DO NOT STACK. If you see another healing bit up, don't bother activating yours unless there are just way too many people needing heals and a single healer isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:12 am

5. Do not heal BOTS on Epoch Defense. Heal the powerspot when it sustains damage. If your bot is too short, you'll need to jump up in order to get the PS under your healing bit.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 am

Priestol / MediQ has Growing Wonder, which enables you to tempo heal better. (Growing Wonder increases the Wonder Gauge over time, without you actually doing anything.)

What Tempo Heal means. You can pratically be healing the entire match.

Try to point out where a good place to heal is, secluded places like the back end of the room is a good place to heal, if there's anyone there.
-As a Chibi Healer, i tend to Tempo Heal, when people around me are fully healed, i turn off my repair bit, and go back to fighting. This allows better ranking and allows you to curbstump on a lot of Robots.
-As a Mech Healer, i tend to just force my way into the powerspot, try to defend it as much as possible. Handy Bazooka and Blaster/Beam Machine Gun works here. And if i'm healing, i try to drop those Item Shields, or just heal behind a wall, or some nice defendable terrain.

Healing might take a while, but be sure to signal your teammates if you see an enemy. Turn off your WB just in case you dont have Wonder Toughness.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
SurrealSight

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:46 am

(o.o)?

Priestol doesn't have Growing Wonder, he has Wonder Rate Up.

I thought it was the (real) Repair Bits that charge automatically? (The Mini Repair Bit doesn't seem to charge by itself)
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:14 pm

since almost everything has been said...
i'll just say...

GET A LONG RANGE CHIBI AS A HEALER!
since the long range circle provides AMMO!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:08 pm

imo, as long as location and circumstance are convenient, PS healing is the best healing. Repair Bits heal faster under a PS, your teammates will have Hyper Shot as well, and the PS will act as an umbrella to attacks from above (i.e. wisp spammers), keeping you and your bit a bit safer. The problem? It's both predictable and obvious, and the PS in some maps is in a horrible location. In those cases, it's better to find somewhere secluded to heal.
Back to top Go down
RoflWaffle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 194

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:21 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
Priestol / MediQ has Growing Wonder

Medi-Aide and High Priestol only, sorry. :3
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Rinrin wrote:
i'll just say...

I have a Medi Aide.

She Wins.

15 second WB recharge.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:53 pm

Nisa wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
i'll just say...

I have a Medi Aide.

She Wins.

15 second WB recharge.
Part of the reason why Medi is by far my favorite support.

Other reason being dat hair :3c

It's a shame her HP is so horrible for her cost and that she lacks an internal, though.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Suguri wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
i'll just say...

I have a Medi Aide.

She Wins.

15 second WB recharge.
Part of the reason why Medi is by far my favorite support.

Other reason being dat hair :3c

It's a shame her HP is so horrible for her cost and that she lacks an internal, though.
its such a shame shes so fugly too. Sad
tats why i only use squidol girls and chibis. and certain rare occasions winberrls.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:37 am

Sadly so far i know , only Medi Aide and High Priestol who have Growing Wonder Cartidge (passive refill WB, stack with passive of Healing and Burst Fire Bit effect). even the lesser form of Priestol doesnt have it... i guess make sense both isnt really appealing look...

but seriously.... if i got any of those two... im goin full healer !!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 8:09 am

The effect of Growing Wonder isn't that significant, it simply reduces the charge time of auto-charge bits like Repair and Burst Fire by a mere 14 secs (1:40 auto-charge time from game start without Growing Wonder, 1:26 with Growing Wonder). Hitting trees is still by far the easiest way to charge your WB up.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Healing in boxed-in areas is a double-edged sword: You only have to worry about one or two sides of attack, but sufficient force at one or both sides can catch you all like flies in a bottle, meaning you'll all die. So be careful when healing in an area like this.

Healing under the PS doubles the rate of recovery. You generally recover 7 HP(all repair bits, iirc, repair 7 HP per shot) per second or so. Power Spot influence doubles this rate. However, Power Spots are generally located in open areas, which make them easy targets if you're healing. However, if your team's heavy ARTs are nearby, you shouldn't need to worry as much unless your team's artillery are scrub. You can also supply those ARTs with HP should they be attacked, allowing them to suppress the enemy presence in the area. You also prevent those ARTs from dying, saving your team a shitload of cost.

Healing at the front lines is dangerous and often not efficient, due to the constant enemy presence and the inability for players to stay under the Repair Bit for extended periods of time. Having a Repair Bit out also makes you a target. Your Repair Bit may also not last as long because enemies WILL target the bit itself.

Heal too far away from the main team and you'll be ridiculed as a scrubby healer.

Announce your intent with voice command x2, which is "Repairing!". Spam x2 every five seconds or so to remind people that they can go to you to regenerate HP.

Keep your virtual eyes moving when healing. You're a stationary target with multiple critically damaged bots all crowded in a tiny space, easy prey for a single bot to rack up multiple kills and turn the tide of battle. There is NO excuse for not having your screen moving at all times, scanning for an enemy presence in the area. If you see an incoming enemy, use voice command z3, which is "Retreat!" and start your bot running away. Also, press F to turn off your bit. This saves any remaining WB energy as well as prevents the enemy from destroying the bit, which zeroes out your WB energy bar. Make sure any bots you were healing disperse in different directions.

If your main form of combat is healing, make sure to pick up the carts "Tough Wonder Bit", "Growing Wonder" and/or "Wonder Rate Up" if possible to speed along your bit's recharge.

Farming trees is the most efficient way to quickly charge your bit. If that isn't an option(Battle Cemetary, stages like that), you'll have to either wait for the bit to charge fully by itself(a really long time, and not a good option) or you'll have to go and engage the enemy(which also isn't good, if you die you can't heal anybody).

Mini bits, like Mini Repair or Mini Burst Fire, are inferior compared to their normal counterparts. The Mini Bits are generally limited in their duration and usually have a smaller area of effect, but can be bought for UC from the shop. In contrast, the normal bits are longer lasting and have a larger area of effect, but cannot be bought(rolling UC Gara gets you tons of these bits).

Adjust your healing spot depending on your team's condition. If you're on the offensive, heal closer to the front lines(not too close though, or you'll be shredded by enemy fire). If your team's on defense, heal at the back(not too far back or you'll be shredded by your team). Follow the flow of your team: If they're being pushed back, follow them. If they're advancing, follow them. Always make sure you are accessible should bots on your team be critically damaged.

Always have an ally near you so you won't be exposed naked to enemy fire. You will be shredded into bloody scraps of metal. This ally bot is preferable a mobile ART, AIR, or LND.

Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Etherlight wrote:
5. Do not heal BOTS on Epoch Defense. Heal the powerspot when it sustains damage. If your bot is too short, you'll need to jump up in order to get the PS under your healing bit.

O U ETHER

*now someone comes and tells me that you can actually heal the PS*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Healing.. ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Healing.. ?   Healing.. ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing.. ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next