Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups

Go down 
+5
Shai
milk
Aurum_Sol
Suguri
adhklk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
adhklk

healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups Empty
PostSubject: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 pm

okay so i'm going to write this in pretty short

you get damaged, retreat and heal

now you're sitting there for a good minute or two doing nothing healing

this fucks up the game's pacing so much.

itt: how could cs of made healing less painful

melfis need not apply

they did a decent step towards this with packet (she nearly doubles healing rate), have yet to actually try her healing buff

ps: heal = 7, packet increase = 6

7 + 6 = 13

(might be wrong, i found out about this like a year ago)
(hint: it is wrong)

ITT 4RL: bitch/whine/cry/complain about the fundamental underlying aspects of the game that cs seriously could of done better

Last edited by adhklk on Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Actually Packet only adds +1 HP per tic of a repair bit. And 60 cost on all your bots. It isn't worth it in the slightest.

But yeah getting taken out of the action for so long is really dumb. Entire momentum of the match shifts if you have over half your team standing around twiddling their thumbs, and then worse yet having seven people under a repair bit get ambushed by Eris/Resha/FC/*insert gaybot here* is just...yeah.

Pretty much exactly why I only bother with Burst Fire Bit on SUP to abuse rapid-fire status effect weapons like Gravity Gun, or to fire off things like Baculus or Regina repair fields faster. Repair Bits desperately need a buff, 13~15 HP/tic sounds perfect.
Back to top Go down
adhklk

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I don't have any specific ideas on how to make stun suck less, but it'd be nice if they tried to alleviate the whole LOL I STUNLOCK U shit that's been going on. Shop melee can "stunlock" you, but it isn't the kind of shit where you literally can't do anything, it's just smart people getting you stuck in a loop. (sanic blade can legitimately stunlock people. that fucking int.)

read: proper use of melee rewarding a form of stunlock

read 2x: proper use is not "right click on niggers"

WAIT THAT'S FUCKING WRONG, I DO HAVE AN IDEA HOW.

>valiant clash mechanics.txt
>melee weapons are divided into two stats: damage and stun
damage is how much damage they actually do
stun is how much they actually stun.

shit like aila's sword would have high damage but it's stuns would be piss poor. shit like hammers would have both high damage and high stun.

I'm fucking smart/10
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

how to fix melee stunlocks:
replace meleestuns by stuns of the same degree
raise fast hitting weapons damage depending on the actual weapon damage
possibly raise the strengh modifer

there you go, changes that will shift the way most melee bots are build right now and much more common revenge tunes on all bot types, a big impact on the metagame

about healing:
the issue is the opposite of what was written
Back to top Go down
adhklk

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:52 pm

i've always thought most uc melee would be better if they had an extra hit. hammers getting a second hit, swords get a third hit, lances get a second hit, etc. that one change alone would easily bring them to be on par with a lot of the garashit we see out there.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:59 pm

id propably prefer the simpler option of removing unnecessary complexity from the game instead of adding another unneeded thing
the suggestion for UC weapons sounds ok, i guess - but thats an issue with the powercreep and will propably be even less likely then any of the other suggestions in this thread because of the businessmodel :p
Back to top Go down
adhklk

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 pm

the main issue with uc melee is the fact that fucking everything has either stuns, cveil, bullshit abilities, or literally all of the above.

another thing

your weapons shouldn't go through int if they don't even get to swing, that's fucking stupid
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 am

this thread reminds me of the time how i thought a support maril march would be a neat idea.
just spamming her music and shooting balls of heal to team mates.
though they can just do that and give it to a gun.
or they can just simply add some more healing weapons in general.
healing sword, shield, etc.
would that be weird?
or how about buffing up stun regain?
...that one might be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:03 am

Heal sword! When you hit team mates it heals. #em3

Reminds me of the Medic is a MC server mod <3
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Why is this dude banned he's a fountain of wisdom.

Also make lasers less shitty, even the pre-nerf superhoming nonsense would be somewhat okay especially because it wrecks Resha and melts Eris/Ivis faces all day. I guess there's always Powered Laser but still.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:23 pm

BARILLIAN wrote:

Also make lasers less shitty, even the pre-nerf superhoming nonsense would be somewhat okay especially because it wrecks Resha and melts Eris/Ivis faces all day. I guess there's always Powered Laser but still.

hes banned because this forum has rules (and propably because some people got pissed at him), not like he cares about the ban or the rules, though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Shai wrote:

Cauterizer
30 Force [ALLY]
15 Force [ENEMY]
INT 750
10% BURN

BARILLIAN wrote:

Lasers are for the most part fine as it is now. It isn't hard to land hits with them but damn if their ammo isn't awful right now.

Even though I made this thread, the more I talk about this, the more I realize it's better for CS to just stop CB's service and make a new version of it from the ground up. So much has to be changed that doing it all at once is just outright improbable. You wouldn't be playing the same game anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 2:52 am

Guest wrote:
Shai wrote:

Cauterizer
30 Force [ALLY]
15 Force [ENEMY]
INT 750
10% BURN

That peeked my interests. Tried to make a quick search of it but it didn't really help. And with the Internet speed here on school atm, Wiki ain't loading at all.

Do you have any more information on the weapon? Is it RT? Available is shop? What does it look like? :3

I saw some kind of staff that healed (want). Not sure if that might be the one, but I guess that's not much of a sword.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 6:42 am

Shai wrote:
Guest wrote:
Shai wrote:

Cauterizer
30 Force [ALLY]
15 Force [ENEMY]
INT 750
10% BURN

That peeked my interests. Tried to make a quick search of it but it didn't really help. And with the Internet speed here on school atm, Wiki ain't loading at all.

Do you have any more information on the weapon? Is it RT? Available is shop? What does it look like? :3

I saw some kind of staff that healed (want). Not sure if that might be the one, but I guess that's not much of a sword.
It doesn't even exist. It's just a made-up weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:09 am

Quote :
hes banned because this forum has rules

Aye. If he were a bit nicer rulewise he wouldn't have to go through all this mess.

It's so easy to replace rude words these days...

And a cauterizer that can heal and do damage, with a chance of backlash in the form of a burn on the ally... that would be a nice suggestion to use on the front lines, not to speak of the synergy with Blazed Baron.
Back to top Go down
dfsghdfhfgh
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 am

the burn only applies to enemies. nobody would use it if there was a chance to outright fucking kill the person you're trying to heal.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Shai wrote:
Guest wrote:

Cauterizer
30 Force [ALLY]
15 Force [ENEMY]
INT 750
10% BURN

It doesn't even exist. It's just a made-up weapon.

*facepalm* I feel so stupid right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:46 pm

haha

it's time for tea

[4:31:05 PM] Malphes: anyways
[4:31:07 PM] Malphes: to summarize
[4:31:10 PM] Malphes: my improvements:
[4:31:44 PM] Malphes: -make healing much more common. adding weapons that heal allies when you attack them would be great. this allows squads to be self sufficient. give medics better burst heal options
[4:32:23 PM] Malphes: --self sufficiency is an issue, many units have really bad hp unless you do something drastic to fix it. adding team heal options helps alleviate this
[4:32:31 PM] Malphes: -remove items
[4:32:41 PM] Malphes: --put skills in their place that can be activated through 1-4.
[4:33:29 PM] Malphes: ---example: needle mog
spike barrier:
activates a barrier of defensive spikes, knocking back all nearby enemies
12 cd

jaguar arm
roar of the king:
grants all gaurd for 30 seconds
45 cd
[4:33:53 PM] Malphes: -don't be afraid to make variants of units that are a different type. if you want to give jag a fucking railgun on his shoulder, do it.
[4:34:44 PM] Malphes: -expand the roster much more than it is now. in a game like this, having a selling point of "you can play anyone you see ingame" would be godlike. go play missions and you'll understand what you're missing
[4:34:56 PM] Malphes: --bosstypes need to be shrunken down for this.
[4:35:40 PM] Malphes: -money should not be necessary to roll garapon. all players should be able to get almost all units in the game without spending money. leave money to things that don't effect gameplay but make things easier.
[4:36:02 PM] Malphes: --this should be tickets, protectors (which should still be able to be obtained freely), etc
[4:37:14 PM] Malphes: -the damage triangle is not based off of weapon types. airs will inherently do more damage to lands with all weapon types. lands will inherently do more damage to arts with all weapon types.
[4:37:37 PM] Malphes: --could lead to an issue where lands are shut down by airs too easily
[4:37:54 PM] Malphes: -change the fucking engine
[4:38:17 PM] Malphes: -don't be afraid to buff and nerf things for the sake of balance
[4:38:26 PM] Malphes: --don't be afraid to admit you fucked up, it's not like they know anyways
[4:39:04 PM] Malphes: -don't use one generic style of music for the entire game
[4:39:15 PM] Malphes: --have music be relevant to the actual area you're in, not just some music that's just there
[4:39:43 PM] Malphes: -BLUEBERRY
[4:40:33 PM] Malphes: -i'm not 100% on this, but melee should have knockdown which grants the target invulnerability and a chance to retaliate. this alleviates the issue of stunlocks
[4:40:57 PM] Malphes: -the transition between running and jumping needs to be smoother
[4:41:07 PM] Malphes: --jump limit needs to be much higher
[4:41:53 PM] Malphes: -this is extreme, but i thought of the possibility of removing the customization and having each unit be it's own individual unit
[4:41:56 PM] Malphes: --makes balance easier
[4:42:05 PM] Malphes: ---the selling point of customization is removed by doing this
[4:42:35 PM] Malphes: ----could lead to using units you don't like because their weapons are amazing but you hate everything else about them
[4:42:42 PM] Malphes: -----don't take this for certain
[4:43:55 PM] Malphes: i can't think of anything else

thanks to FUCKING MILIKEN i remembered something

-gara units have to be worked for to unlock them.
--if you want cosmo kaiser ac, you're going to have to go fuck up the demon force for him.
-make the world much more larger. i want to go fuck around on coddle, thanks.
-go more into detail on lore. i want to know what the fuck the chronos union actually is.
--allow players to join tertiary unions later on in the game to further define what they stand for
-bars
--i want to take my fatass destructor, sit in a tiny chair, and gurgle beer.
---more social elements overall
----ie, houses. this sounds stupid but it'd make the game a lot more interesting and tighter knit.
-a bit extreme, but all units should have a form of melee
-you can disable things you don't want. if you don't want des's AA missiles, you can disable that in customize.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups   healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups Empty

Back to top Go down

healing, pacing, and other fundamental game design fuckups
Page 1 of 1