Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?

Go down 
+4
rei_hunter
LordShade
NovaZero
Animedude5555
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? Empty
PostSubject: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:55 am

I know that in the games like Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas, Midtown Madness 2, Flight Simulator 2002/2004 you have various people who put out addons that you can install in the models folder of said game. For example I have a model of Yukikaze from the anime Space Fairy Yukikaze that I downloaded for Flight Simulator 2004, and it's got some amazing specs including able to fly at over mach-6! I know several websites to download such addons for Flight Simulator, but not a clue where I could find such a website. I've googled but can't find any. Once I had such a model it should be no problem to add it in for one-player offline mode, as the files for those mech models are stored on ones own computer (as opposed to stored on the CosmicBreak server, as is the case for MMO mode). While unlikely to add on any additional mechs (3 fixed character-select slots for one player mode) one SHOULD be able to replace any one of the 3 mechs by simply naming the files for the addon PRECISELY the same filenames as the original, and then replacing the original files with those of the addon.

One cool option would be to rip the model files for the android KOS-MOS from the Xenosaga Playstation2 game disk, then using customized software convert those model files into a CosmicBreak compatible model files, and using a mecha specs editor software give this model weapons that belong to the normal set of weapons available in the CB game that most closely resemble the weapons she had in Xenosaga, as well as physical specs (speed power defense etc) that most closely resemble those she had in Xenosaga.

Of course there would be many other possibilities as well, including designing your own mech models.

So it really comes down to this. Is it possible to in any way add, edit, or replace any mech model files in CosmicBreak? Or does it have one of those silly hash/checksum checks built into the program to make sure that NONE of the files are tampered with in ANY way?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:59 am

Why would you want to edit the mech files in CosmicBreak when there's a skinning function that let's you do that?
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:01 am

NovaZero wrote:
Why would you want to edit the mech files in CosmicBreak when there's a skinning function that let's you do that?

polygon function allows only for heads but...

and even then its a pain in the ass to work with
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:07 am

You clearly are talking about MMO mode. I've never seen such a function in single player mode. I know there's a large editing and addons community out there for games like GTA and Flight Simulator, but why not for CosmicBreak? Isn't CosmicBreak designed to have editable elements and 3rd-party addons just like Flight Simulator?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:25 am

an offline cosmic break? something like that requires a Java Programmer to make....

Go find one and pay him/her Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:30 am

well... im thinkin about cosmic calculator... but with bot preview...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:14 am

It is possible to play offline in Single Player mode. Normally you load the game from the launcher and it runs an update check. After which the buttons that start the game that were previously grayed out, now become clickable. If you have no connection to the Internet then the update check will never complete, and you can never click the button to start the game. But there's a way around that. That is you do NOT use the launcher/updater (found at C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\CosmicBreak.exe). Instead use the the actual game EXE itself (found at C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\cosmic.exe). Runing the EXE file directly though is going to be a problem as it insists the game be run from the launcher. But here's the trick:

Right click on cosmic.exe in C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\ and select "create shortcut",

Then right click on the shortcut and go to properties.

Then on the shortcut's properties screen, set the fields to what I've specified below (including any commandline options shown).
Target: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\cosmic.exe -launch
Start in: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\

Then just press the ok button to save the changes to the shortcut.

After that you can drag the shortcut to the desktop, quicklaunch, or Start menu, whichever you would find more convenient (and if you want, right click it and select rename, and name it something meaningful, for example I named it "Play Without Launcher").

Then just run the shortcut to start the game from the main title menu, COMPLETELY skipping the launcher/updater screen. This allows for Single Player mode to be used when not connected to the internet (however MMO mode by its very nature still requires an internet connection).
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Hello Videogamer555
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:25 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
an offline cosmic break? something like that requires a Java Programmer to make....

I would love an offline version of the game . . . would help a lot to test the maps I make (during event days it takes a hell of time to find someone to test my maps when everyone is doing UW or Quests or Missions because of the event . . . good days when I filled 10x10 rooms for some hours with my maps ._. )

also I would love if stage editor could allow me to place enemy bots to make missions Smile
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:31 pm

IronFist wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:

I would love an offline version of the game . . . would help a lot to test the maps I make (during event days it takes a hell of time to find someone to test my maps when everyone is doing UW or Quests or Missions because of the event . . . good days when I filled 10x10 rooms for some hours with my maps ._. )

also I would love if stage editor could allow me to place enemy bots to make missions Smile

Actually it is possible to play CB in one player mode offline as explained in my previous post.
Animedude5555 wrote:
It is possible to play offline in Single Player mode. Normally you load the game from the launcher and it runs an update check. After which the buttons that start the game that were previously grayed out, now become clickable. If you have no connection to the Internet then the update check will never complete, and you can never click the button to start the game. But there's a way around that. That is you do NOT use the launcher/updater (found at C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\CosmicBreak.exe). Instead use the the actual game EXE itself (found at C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\cosmic.exe). Runing the EXE file directly though is going to be a problem as it insists the game be run from the launcher. But here's the trick:

Right click on cosmic.exe in C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\ and select "create shortcut",

Then right click on the shortcut and go to properties.

Then on the shortcut's properties screen, set the fields to what I've specified below (including any commandline options shown).
Target: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\programs\cosmic.exe -launch
Start in: C:\CyberStep\CosmicBreak_eng\

Then just press the ok button to save the changes to the shortcut.

After that you can drag the shortcut to the desktop, quicklaunch, or Start menu, whichever you would find more convenient (and if you want, right click it and select rename, and name it something meaningful, for example I named it "Play Without Launcher").

Then just run the shortcut to start the game from the main title menu, COMPLETELY skipping the launcher/updater screen. This allows for Single Player mode to be used when not connected to the internet (however MMO mode by its very nature still requires an internet connection).

So it SHOULD be possible to test Level files in one player mode by replacing the single player mode game data files with the edited ones. I just have to figure out which data files are meant for single player mode (as opposed to being used in MMO mode). Once that is figured out then it is simply a matter of replacing the single-player mode data files with the mod's files, or editing the already existing files. However I don't know how to find the files associated with single-player mode.

knyx wrote:
Hello Videogamer555
Who are you and how do you know the user name I use on other forums? How do you know who I am?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Animedude5555 wrote:

knyx wrote:
Hello Videogamer555
Who are you and how do you know the user name I use on other forums? How do you know who I am?

You could say, it was a hunch.

Or my informants were monitoring your internet access, choose which story you prefer to believe, I couldn't care less which.

Also, how's it feel having your youtube banned due to copyright claims?
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:50 pm

Animedude5555 wrote:

So it SHOULD be possible to test Level files in one player mode by replacing the single player mode game data files with the edited ones. I just have to figure out which data files are meant for single player mode (as opposed to being used in MMO mode). Once that is figured out then it is simply a matter of replacing the single-player mode data files with the mod's files, or editing the already existing files. However I don't know how to find the files associated with single-player mode.

no, and it wouldnt work because of . . . the files stage editor create are for multiplayer (what also mean that if u start the battle solo it would end like a victory when enemy drop or ATL F4 so it wouldnt work even if u do that).
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:39 am

I would something who convert .cs2 files in .blend files. Eh, horrible polygon built in editor.
Back to top Go down
Animedude5555
Animedude5555

PostSubject: Re: Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?   Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons? EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:00 pm

knyx wrote:
Animedude5555 wrote:

knyx wrote:
Hello Videogamer555

You could say, it was a hunch.

Or my informants were monitoring your internet access, choose which story you prefer to believe, I couldn't care less which.

Also, how's it feel having your youtube banned due to copyright claims?

So who'd monitoring me why? Are you the admin of a forum that I'm a member of, and plan to ban or not-ban me based on what I do at OTHER websites?

Also it sucks bad that I lost my Youtube account. It was killed from an AMV based on an anime that is TWO DECADES OLD, and in fact has NO release in the US at all, so at least here in the US there's NO MONETARY INCENTIVE for them to keep video footage from the anime off the net. Yeah that sucked and is a dumb move on the part of the company to have Youtube ban my account due to this AMV. But I simply made a new Google Account and joined Youtube with that account, and am now more careful about what I post to Youtube. For any anime video footage that may count as copyright violation (including AMVs, and possibly in the future will include more blatant forms of copyright violation such as complete anime episodes) I have chosen to use Metacafe.
Back to top Go down

Mech editor/creator software, or downloadable addons?
Page 1 of 1