Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)

Go down 
+7
Jello
Desu
Kampfer
NovaZero
Hyoka
Admin
NEXT
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) Empty
PostSubject: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm

The Les Miserables is what I swapped her name to, it has no bearing on the actual build.

So I am going for essentially a ninja unit - run in, run around, pick off artillery. The problem is there's some stats that I can't completely figure out.

I am not at home so I can't give every stat she has. Now, I did manage to figure out that 1 fly = 1 second of boost time while using boost run. 8 Fly was 8 seconds, 9 fly is 9 seconds (which she is at now). 10 seconds will be enough to run in, kill a lilly or toybox and run out. I might get the skill where you hover closely to the ground and boost (I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head) unless getting her WLK to 30 and running around is more feasible. Right now I believe it's at 22.

Another stat I was thinking about was STR. I want to add more to it for her scythe but I don't know how much bearing it has on it's damage. I would love to hit a solid 40 or 45, but I don't now if that's asking too much. I added I think 2 str and +3% force through tune up so it's too late to go back on that now.

She can out run just about anything on the field, but I just suck with the scythe. I think with a little more practice I can be better.

Lastly, I can't figure out when to use dark mist. I feel like when it's on, I boost run slower. Not only that, I can't seem to zoom out so I can see. People charge up to me with a melee and it's over. The only people it seems to work on are the lillys who didn't know there's a space bar.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Kampfer wrote:
screw guides.
Its a simple formula to win.

MistyHollow + raid rifle + TEC set up + jumpdash = top10 garaunteed

there i summed it up.

Just tune up TEC and equip a raid rifle with the short jump cartridge.

All you got to do is short jump and pwn with your raid rifle, even though i can kill those type of robots but yeah they are very annoying and you can get top 10 very easily.

Important stats for this build= TEC/WLK
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 pm

That was totally bolded in the ART thread, wasn't it?

Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 am

Despite Misty Hollow being a LND unit.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:34 am

I see Dark Mist as more of an escape maneuver than anything. Sure you move slower and you're still open to melee targets, but it will save your life in many occasions, especially since most of those occasions will involve half the enemy force firing all their ranged weapons on you. Its Dark Mist attack follow-up is only useful when you're Misty Hollow SIN(100% chance to break a limb) but even then, you'll need to get up real close to the target and you'll need Newtype reflexes(and a lag free environment) to be used as a counter attack.

The way I see it, the best way to use Misty's melee abilities is to mix up with a good gun. Get a gun like an Assault Rifle or Raid Rifle, run around firing it, then run close while firing then swing the scythe. From experience, it's very hard to play Misty as a purely melee robo. It works fine even though my Misty SIN has around 6 TEC and over 20 STR.

Also, get Short Boost. It covers a lot of ground, even while under Dark Mist's effects.
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:58 am

get quick land if u can.
Its a must get for most land suits if u dont want to be in a landing delay forever
Back to top Go down
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:41 am

NovaZero wrote:
I see Dark Mist as more of an escape maneuver than anything. Sure you move slower and you're still open to melee targets, but it will save your life in many occasions, especially since most of those occasions will involve half the enemy force firing all their ranged weapons on you. Its Dark Mist attack follow-up is only useful when you're Misty Hollow SIN(100% chance to break a limb) but even then, you'll need to get up real close to the target and you'll need Newtype reflexes(and a lag free environment) to be used as a counter attack.

The way I see it, the best way to use Misty's melee abilities is to mix up with a good gun. Get a gun like an Assault Rifle or Raid Rifle, run around firing it, then run close while firing then swing the scythe. From experience, it's very hard to play Misty as a purely melee robo. It works fine even though my Misty SIN has around 6 TEC and over 20 STR.

Also, get Short Boost. It covers a lot of ground, even while under Dark Mist's effects.

I think my biggest question is how different are stock and SIN? I'd look myself but by the time the shop loads, I'd forget what I was looking for. Happens to me ALL the time.

Kampfer wrote:
get quick land if u can.
Its a must get for most land suits if u dont want to be in a landing delay forever

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:40 pm

MOAR ARMS...
MOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAR
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 8:26 pm

NobelesseOblige wrote:
I think my biggest question is how different are stock and SIN? I'd look myself but by the time the shop loads, I'd forget what I was looking for. Happens to me ALL the time.
Aside from minor stat differences, SIN's Dark Mist attack has 100% chance of breaking a limb(assuming you did hit their sides). Plain Misty has I think 20% chance.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:44 am

NovaZero wrote:
NobelesseOblige wrote:
Aside from minor stat differences, SIN's Dark Mist attack has 100% chance of breaking a limb(assuming you did hit their sides). Plain Misty has I think 20% chance.
Is it me or does the misty hollow seem like an epic Haku player
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 1:48 am

Only because you can Dark Mist to avoid his missiles and breakers.
Back to top Go down
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:00 am

NovaZero wrote:

I heard someone telling me to use it on traps, any idea why?
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 am

NobelesseOblige wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

I heard someone telling me to use it on traps, any idea why?

It's because Mist negates the effect of burning.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:52 am

You can always use Anti Burning cartridge if its available.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:51 pm

So misty hollow + dual combo daggers w/ 40wlk/str = dead reagen haku 3?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:06 am

In theory, yes.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:03 am

Meh not worth it lol.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:49 pm

how do you get to build more walk then? any suggestions? i got mine w/ boost run and a shield but always getting killed at the enemy's ps area so i'm clueless about it.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
how do you get to build more walk then? any suggestions? i got mine w/ boost run and a shield but always getting killed at the enemy's ps area so i'm clueless about it.

You're playing Misty, not Byne, don't rush PS.

You can afford to be choosy about your target.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Remove the Scythe. At all price. This is the only advice I could give to make her more efficient, as even with that change she's freaking weak unless you make an hopping Misty.

Personally, to make her valuable (when I say valuable > does positive score at least 1/2 of times) I put on her a Scouter rifle, two Jack gadget arms, a Buckler and Ouka legs. And even with that she's still ridiculous when I use it against Mighty Bane, Ouka or Jikun.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:03 am

in the OBTs I used an assault rifle on her

well

run around, slash when you can get close, mist to escape
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)   i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables) Empty

Back to top Go down

i need help building my Misty Hollow (Les Miserables)
Page 1 of 1