Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misty Hollow Discussion.

Go down 
+10
Midona
Dokkoider
BNOISE
btrex2100
Xynno
knyx
Suguri
necrio
Nisa
Broken
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

Misty Hollow Discussion.  Empty
PostSubject: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:20 am

Kay.
So should I use my Misty Hollow as a Hopper(Like Vyolets) Or as a PS Crasher.
Im sure I can't be as good as Vyolets with a hopper but.
It's worth a try.

So?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:03 am

use veil spam melee?
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:32 am

Nisa wrote:
use veil spam melee?
Or use Veil Spam Dual Bazooka?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:21 am

use veil spam scout / assault rifle

otherwise

use veil and melee combo your enemy to 2 mil damage...
too much disgaea...
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 am

necrio wrote:

otherwise

too much disgaea...

Thats when Dual weilding comes in handy...oh wait you cant.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

Nisa wrote:
necrio wrote:

otherwise

too much disgaea...

Thats when Dual weilding comes in handy...oh wait you cant.
yes you can
give the free hand a slayer or whatever
and you'll combo to it from the scythe
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Don't have a Misty (might get one though, can't decide between her, ZSG, or MJG), but it seems to me she'd be best either as a hopper, or for completely wrecking groups huddled under a repair bit/power spot. Veil + armor breaker x2 would allow you to wreak AoE havoc from a distance without fear of taking damage back, for example.

That said, I don't even really know if she's meant to be built for guns vs melee, so w/e
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Ok..
So..
Misty can't run on mist...She's extremely slow so I can't melee.
That being said.
Hop hop hop.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Doesn't she have a 25% chance to lop off an arm or something in her veil?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm

knyx wrote:
Misty Hollow SIN has a 100% chance to break a part with her veil cancel. Regular Misty's inflicts slow instead.

@Broken: You can still run, you just don't run as quickly. Try Boost Run, it might help (don't have it yet on my Misty, but I intend to at level 5; it's entirely possible Boost Run doesn't work during the veil, but since she has it available right off the bat at level 1 I'm inclined to think otherwise).

That said...what should I be using for equipment on her? She doesn't play at all like I expected. I do intend to use her for melee, should I keep the scythe arm? Is a shield worth it too, and if not what should she be holding in her other hand? Any other parts with integrated melee I should consider?
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:02 am

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:
Misty Hollow SIN has a 100% chance to break a part with her veil cancel. Regular Misty's inflicts slow instead.

@Broken: You can still run, you just don't run as quickly. Try Boost Run, it might help (don't have it yet on my Misty, but I intend to at level 5; it's entirely possible Boost Run doesn't work during the veil, but since she has it available right off the bat at level 1 I'm inclined to think otherwise).

That said...what should I be using for equipment on her? She doesn't play at all like I expected. I do intend to use her for melee, should I keep the scythe arm? Is a shield worth it too, and if not what should she be holding in her other hand? Any other parts with integrated melee I should consider?
Well I just read Vyolets's diary entry on Misty and she said:
Short Boost,Quick land,and Boost Run are nerfed within mist therefore tunning WLK would be necessary for a successful Hopper(Not sure if WLK helps Boost Run though)
And to add to that.
You can receive Short Boost at Lvl 1 too *O*.
Back to top Go down
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:40 am

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:

the 100% is a lie, or at least it is now, back in beta it was 100% but it isn't the case anymore. I experimented with this with my guild mates his misty sin couldn't chop the parts off my crab 100% of the time. As for movement in viel it pretty much cuts your speed in half. Though since boost run doubles your walking speed you'll pretty be at your normal walking speed without boost run. so meh.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Broken wrote:
Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:

Well I just read Vyolets's diary entry on Misty and she said:
Short Boost,Quick land,and Boost Run are nerfed within mist therefore tunning WLK would be necessary for a successful Hopper(Not sure if WLK helps Boost Run though)
And to add to that.
You can receive Short Boost at Lvl 1 too *O*.
Nerfed yes, but they still work. And yes, WLK affects boost run significantly.

What I'm really having problems with right now is how to build her. Nothing seems to work well enough, and her melee's lack of chasing + knockback on the finisher makes her impossible to stunlock with.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 am

uhm, guys.. i wanna ask about this term and word, but what the heck are these vyolets? are they jikuns?
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:02 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
uhm, guys.. i wanna ask about this term and word, but what the heck are these vyolets? are they jikuns?
Naw,She's a person~.
Leader of the clan:
NoFunAllowed.
She's really good at using Misty and done alot experiments on alot of different bots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Broken wrote:
btrex2100 wrote:
She
lol
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Diabolical wrote:
Broken wrote:
btrex2100 wrote:
She
lol
meh.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 7:40 pm

lol, and i thought i knew it all. anyways, i think i met someone out in channel 1 CBEN, and i think it's that person vyolet. he's good really.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
lol, and i thought i knew it all. anyways, i think i met someone out in channel 1 CBEN, and i think it's that person vyolet. he's good really.
*she*
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Laughing anyways don't do like Vyolets.
The hopper thing is only cause it is for lopping off arms of attackers closing while hopping and constantly spamming the ps with guns.
It doesn't work so well in a real 1v1 situation...
Talk about making a bot almost solely based on Epoch battles. Wink

Iono but I think Vyolets often uses a purple Izuna with Vulture wings for almost anything else right?
Or at least it seems that way...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 am

BNOISE wrote:
Laughing anyways don't do like Vyolets.
The hopper thing is only cause it is for lopping off arms of attackers closing while hopping and constantly spamming the ps with guns.
It doesn't work so well in a real 1v1 situation...
Talk about making a bot almost solely based on Epoch battles. Wink

Iono but I think Vyolets often uses a purple Izuna with Vulture wings for almost anything else right?
Or at least it seems that way...
No, the reason for hopping with Misty is because it's one of the most effective playstyles for her. There are three main Misty playstyles I've seen/heard of thus far:

1. Hopper - Works extremely well due to her cart selection and what levels she gets them at, caters to her high wlk, and works fantastically with her core ability to make her that much harder to hit.
2. Sniper - I didn't find it to be terribly great, but using longer range weapons while blocking out return fire with mist is undeniably effective if you can get tec high enough to pose a threat with a rifle or armor breaker. Plenty of time to flee if a jikun starts advancing too.
3. Melee - Fails horribly with her stock parts because of the scythe's knockback and lack of forward momentum. Doesn't complement her core ability whatsoever.

So once you stop looking at her stats and scythe and thinking "oh she must be a melee unit", you can see her for what she really is; a bot intended not to get hit. This is why she has a mist veil that blocks out projectiles. This is why she gets both short boost and boost run at level 1. Misty's playstyle revolves around being untouchable. Sniping and hopping are two ways to accomplish this, and I have to say from personal experience that you will contribute a lot more if you get up close with her and wreak havoc with the veil and close-range guns or explosives.

And the Izuna you're thinking of is (or so I've heard) armed with x2 asura AMJ and x4 custom shotguns; not very useful against S-bots, absolute rape against L-bots and power spots.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

my bad for the *he* pronoun.

so, having a sword guard, blast guard, some cost cartridge, boost run and a shotgun on the free hand, i haven't been on the killing spree with it, any good suggestion or should i go junk it and then go for the hopper build?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:50 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
my bad for the *he* pronoun.

so, having a sword guard, blast guard, some cost cartridge, boost run and a shotgun on the free hand, i haven't been on the killing spree with it, any good suggestion or should i go junk it and then go for the hopper build?
Dump the shotgun and scythe arm, use zookas, rifles, accelguns, and custom mags.
Back to top Go down
Dokkoider
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dokkoider

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 10:53 am

What's a good weapon I should use instead of sub-machinegun? I like having fast firepower while I run around the opponents before scything them.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 am

Dokkoider wrote:
What's a good weapon I should use instead of sub-machinegun? I like having fast firepower while I run around the opponents before scything them.
You should probably look at the post above yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misty Hollow Discussion.    Misty Hollow Discussion.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Misty Hollow Discussion.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next