Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you use on your Misty Hollow?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

What do you use on your Misty Hollow? Empty
PostSubject: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Just wondering what kind of builds you guys have been using with Misty Hollow? Been trying to play her but failing a lot.

Looking at her cartridges she gets to have float dash, boost run, and burst fire all. So what I was thinking since I already have 2 dual magnums, I would equip her with dual magnums. Then just have her zoom around using hit-and-run tactics...

I'm still not sure at how float dash works though but it seems like a much better idea than short boost. >_> Can someone tell me how float dash works?
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Jello wrote:
Just wondering what kind of builds you guys have been using with Misty Hollow? Been trying to play her but failing a lot.

Looking at her cartridges she gets to have float dash, boost run, and burst fire all. So what I was thinking since I already have 2 dual magnums, I would equip her with dual magnums. Then just have her zoom around using hit-and-run tactics...

I'm still not sure at how float dash works though but it seems like a much better idea than short boost. >_> Can someone tell me how float dash works?

Float dash is basically a short, off the ground boost in place of your normal dash. You can hold boost down to continue boosting after it should have ended. It does, consume your boost gauge though.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 7:52 pm

Ah I see, I guess I'll get sway then...since float dash sounds like it'll require more key pressing compared to boost run.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Jello wrote:
Ah I see, I guess I'll get sway then...since float dash sounds like it'll require more key pressing compared to boost run.

And sway is moreso useful if you're in need of moving after you started firing...
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Debating on which of the dashes to give my rose myself.

Pulling off a short ground boost, or pouncing out of the way then doing a real boost from there. Decisions.

Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 pm

SilverSeraph wrote:
Debating on which of the dashes to give my rose myself.

Pulling off a short ground boost, or pouncing out of the way then doing a real boost from there. Decisions.

Or you can do both. It's possible to switch to an actual boost from a float dash. Not to mention the fact it takes advantage of a Crim's Fly stat.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 am

My Crims have Float Dash. Hard to use as an evasive maneuver(muscle memory tells me to hold Space bar to jump up to evade) but it's good for say, lifting off from a cliff to bombard enemies from below. It lifts you off from the ground faster and you can bombard from a shorter distance.
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:30 am

NovaZero wrote:
My Crims have Float Dash. Hard to use as an evasive maneuver(muscle memory tells me to hold Space bar to jump up to evade) but it's good for say, lifting off from a cliff to bombard enemies from below. It lifts you off from the ground faster and you can bombard from a shorter distance.
Yeah, that's why I was deciding between the two. Trying to figure out if one would be good for evasion.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:32 am

Trying to evade?
TRY THE NEW SUMMON HIPPORIOD!
It calls a big mech to temporarily attack any enemy it sees!
BUT WAIIIT
If you order now you have a chance of obtaining the MINI HIPOROID!
Thats riightt you get the mini hipporoid for free
you heard me FREE
when you summon a hipporiod!
BUT WAIT THERES MORE!
When you summon the Hipporoid you also get a chance of obtaining a OMEGA HIPPORIOD!
This hipporoid will clog up the enemy's screen while mauling it with a hammer!

Order now and you get all this for only a whack of a tree!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:42 am

Rein wrote:

Or you can do both. It's possible to switch to an actual boost from a float dash. Not to mention the fact it takes advantage of a Crim's Fly stat.

From what I concluded, boost run is for robots with a lot of WLK as float dash is for robots with a lot of FLY. Because even if you have a lot of FLY but have a low WLK the boost that boost run gives wouldn't be much. I don't know if boost run works on a percentage or a fixed number but my hound dog went NOTICEABLY slower when I traded some WLK to get more FLY. At 20 WLK he was zooming around, while at 17 WLK it looked like he was just normal...Don't take my word for this but boost run seems to work on a percentage, but that's just me.

Seraph, you're trying to decide between float dash and short boost right? The one that lets you jump a short distance instead of dashing, right? I got short boost earlier to try it out and I didn't find it useful. The start of the jump to the end felt so slow, while the cool down to do another jump also felt slow.

Well one advantage I can see from using float dash is you wouldn't be too vulnerable to guided missiles and bazookas if you're closer to the ground. Well you can still be easily hit with a bazooka even in the ground but guided missiles are easily dodge-able with constant strafing. Though you are also now susceptible to melee if you're close to the ground they are easily avoided, well implying that you're not aware of them going after you and surprising you. Just keep distance and strafe since most melee are linear.

Last edited by Jello on Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 am

Just fly away o3o
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you use on your Misty Hollow?   What do you use on your Misty Hollow? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you use on your Misty Hollow?
Page 1 of 1