Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shield Questions

Go down 
+5
knyx
Suguri
Tieve
NovaZero
Hellenisti
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

Shield Questions Empty
PostSubject: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:00 pm

People say the shield has its own hp, or at least absorbs the damage for you. How is this treated?
Is it simply a counter for how much damage it has received? Or does it have its own hp?

So, here we go:
-If they have their own "HP", do they heal under a heal bit similar to how your WBs heal with you?

-I've seen varied answers on this: Are shields affected by TGH? By Guards?

-Haven't tried this, since I don't use shields often: If the AM holding gets destroyed (shield was destroyed beforehand), if you use Parts Restore, will the shield come back?
^Follow-up question: K-Shield, Byne, Cross Raptors, Gwaiyn, Pacifar AMs, etc?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Shield Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Shields can absorb a set amount of damage before they break, so technically, they do have HP.

This HP can't be repaired.

You can't restore shields with a Parts Restore.
Back to top Go down
Tieve
Newcomer
Newcomer

Shield Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 pm

i think guard cartridges such as beam guard does effect the damage a shield receives
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Shield Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Shields have their own HP. The specific HP values are:

• Byne Armor: 64 HP per part
  • Byne Girl armor: 64 HP per part
  • Buckler: 70 HP
  • Viper Shield: 70 HP
  • K-Shield: 180 HP
  • LazFlamme AM2: ?

Shields are affected by your own weaknesses and resistances. For example, a buckler on an air will break very quickly from blast damage, but if you have sword guard it'll be highly durable to melee. Damage resistance from tgh applies to shields, too.

Part Restores don't restore shields. Things like the "shields" on Pacifar and Cross Raptor AMs might be repairable though, since they're AM@s and not actual shields.

As I said in your other thread, I have no idea if they can recover HP or not. I want to say no, but I don't know if it's been tested or not.
  • Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:53 pm

Byne girl has her shields as AM@ parts, so would a parts restore put them back on theoretically?

Now, a few more situations:

K-shield is both a shield and an arm, so what happens if you parts restore the K-shield arm if that arm is horrifically ripped off, would you regain use of the shield as well?

Byne doesn't regenerate shields because his are part of his arms, which are not broken, but similar case, lose an arm, regenerate arms+shields?

Back to top Go down
    NovaZero
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
    Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:01 am

knyx wrote:
    Byne girl has her shields as AM@ parts, so would a parts restore put them back on theoretically?

K-shield is both a shield and an arm, so what happens if you parts restore the K-shield arm if that arm is horrifically ripped off, would you regain use of the shield as well?

Byne doesn't regenerate shields because his are part of his arms, which are not broken, but similar case, lose an arm, regenerate arms+shields?
    Shields never regenerate unless you respawn.

When you restore the Lancerlot AM2, you just get the arm back, not the shield.

Like I said, fixing an arm with Parts Restore doesn't restore the shields.
    Back to top Go down
    knyx
    Grand Poster
    Grand Poster
    knyx

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:06 am

NovaZero wrote:
    knyx wrote:

Shields never regenerate unless you respawn.

When you restore the Lancerlot AM2, you just get the arm back, not the shield.

Like I said, fixing an arm with Parts Restore doesn't restore the shields.

That wasn't addressed specifically, but thanks for having clarified it. I believe that:

Quote :
    You can't restore shields with a Parts Restore.

Leads to the more obvious implication that "oh, my handheld shield broke, let's grab a parts restore" instead of "OHSHI my arm's been ripped off"
    Back to top Go down
    xzpwnz
    Legendary Poster
    Legendary Poster
    xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:19 am

Buckler and Viper should both have 60 hp
    Back to top Go down
    StickyKeys
    Master Poster
    Master Poster
    StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:21 am

xzpwnz wrote:
    Buckler and Viper should both have 60 hp
    They have 70 though.....
    Back to top Go down
    inzane14
    Regular Poster
    Regular Poster
    inzane14

Male Posts : 198

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:46 am

I have a question about Pacifar's AMs since I don't have one yet. Since the weapon is in the shield, will the weapon be unusable when the shield breaks?
    Back to top Go down
    ziix
    Burger Molcar
    Burger Molcar

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:49 am

inzane14 wrote:
    I have a question about Pacifar's AMs since I don't have one. Since the weapon is in the sheild, will the weapon be unusable when the shield breaks?

I thought AM@'s aren't shields, but are there to break before the arm itself breaks...

Like if a fencer is attacking you:

Without AM@'s: Arms break
    With AM@'s: AM@'s break first before Arms.
    Back to top Go down
    xzpwnz
    Legendary Poster
    Legendary Poster
    xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions EmptySun May 01, 2011 5:51 am

The arms aren't shields
    If the arm breaks the weapon is unusable until you use a parts restore
    (Arms with weapons have a higher break rate)
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Shield Questions Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Shield Questions   Shield Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Shield Questions
    Page 1 of 1