Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs

Go down 
+4
Z741
SkyPanic
NovaZero
NeWIZ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs Empty
PostSubject: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:24 pm

From what I can understand, Berzelius and Haku are good bosses to solo on 1 Star difficulty. I plan on doing solo runs mainly for EXP. What are some good robos and weapons to take on either of the two? For Haku, I keep hearing that 3-Way/Combo Daggers help a lot of the time though certain guns may be useful for some of the forms. Any tips, recommendations, and other advice appreciated.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 pm

For Berz, bring lots of Shotguns. Ideally, Custom Shotguns, which have more force and as much ammo as the plain Shotgun, though they are L sized weapons, so I hope you have at the very least M-sized bots. Fractalus drops them, BTW.

Haku, as you said, needs Combination Daggers, ideally. 3-way Daggers work too, but they are only used if you don't have Combination Daggers so you may need to spend on Garapon. On the other hand, shotguns can also work, provided you have enough of them.

Last edited by NovaZero on Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

dont worry if you solo 1*
it's a piece of cake
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:40 pm

IMO soloing 1* Frac is MUCH easier than soloing 1* Berz. All of the latter's bees just zero in on you. :c

1. Steamroll grunts
2. Get up, fire all
3. Move over a couple platforms when white beams are fired
4. Avoid giant laz0r unless out of ammo
5. Kill towers when you see a big Baltheon-ish shield
6. Repeat Step 3

Long as you have good damage per second [at LEAST an L-AIR with dual Omega Blasters, or it gets boring quick], you'll be able to take out 1* Frac within... ten minutes?
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:43 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
it's a piece of cake

Even though I don't have any or all the recommended weapons for the said bosses? Some weapons I can't get/use because of robo type/costs and others are drops or pricing (UC or Rt). I heard Fractulus has a regenerating phase if I remember correctly (unless that is 2 Star or 3 Star difficulty).
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:46 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:
it's a piece of cake

Even though I don't have any or all the recommended weapons for the said bosses? Some weapons I can't get/use because of robo type/costs and others are drops or pricing (UC or Rt). I heard Fractulus has a regenerating phase if I remember correctly (unless that is 2 Star or 3 Star difficulty).
Shotguns are enough. If you want, bring a SUP type, load it with Shotguns and a Burst Fire bit.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:59 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:
it's a piece of cake

Maybe, but you can still kill four towers and resume shotgun/blaster spamming as opposed to Berz flying over half the map and then regenerating there, with you having to engage in hot pursuit.

Plus you can get Custom Shotguns [L size, all bot types, costs 70] that have good damage per second against bosses like Berz if you finish off Frac in a timely manner. Smile
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Solo Berz
x2-4 custom shotgun, omega blaster, or shotgun
Bot type doesn't really matter
I'd stick with 1* if I were you. 2*'s doable if you know what you're doing, but as stated I wouldn't recommend it. Not sure if 3* is even possible solo.

Solo Frac
Same setup as Berz, but air bots are recommended by most to make platforming easier. Omega Blasters may be preferred for their larger ammo pool and lower int (less suicides for ammo required), as well as their piercing for clearing out the early forms quickly. 1* is very doable solo, 2*'s also quite doable - like berz - after you know what you're doing. Again, not sure if 3* is doable (but frac has less HP than berz iirc, so if berz is then frac is too).

Solo Haku
By far the easiest of the three, You can beat 3* haku solo with 10-15 minutes left using untuned UC builds. Use a 3-way dagger and dual 3-way/dual pepen bits for the majority of forms. Use custom shotgun/omega blaster/shotgun for shell drain (green) and fire (red) forms. Use a direct melee weapon like Ace Braver AM or Red Squealer AM for shield (blue) form, because the shield blocks bullets and daggers. Stick with airs and lands unless you know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Z741 wrote:
IMO soloing 1* Frac is MUCH easier than soloing 1* Berz. All of the latter's bees just zero in on you. :c

1. Steamroll grunts
2. Get up, fire all
3. Move over a couple platforms when white beams are fired
4. Avoid giant laz0r unless out of ammo
5. Kill towers when you see a big Baltheon-ish shield
6. Repeat Step 3

Long as you have good damage per second [at LEAST an L-AIR with dual Omega Blasters, or it gets boring quick], you'll be able to take out 1* Frac within... ten minutes?

Problem with fract = Taking out the Preboss spawn
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Nisa wrote:
Goes a LOT faster when Fire Pillars, Slow Fields, and Hippos drop. :3
Back to top Go down
ZetBuster
ZetBuster

Male Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Suguri wrote:
Solo Berz
x2-4 custom shotgun, omega blaster, or shotgun
Bot type doesn't really matter
I'd stick with 1* if I were you. 2*'s doable if you know what you're doing, but as stated I wouldn't recommend it. Not sure if 3* is even possible solo.

Solo Frac
Same setup as Berz, but air bots are recommended by most to make platforming easier. Omega Blasters may be preferred for their larger ammo pool and lower int (less suicides for ammo required), as well as their piercing for clearing out the early forms quickly. 1* is very doable solo, 2*'s also quite doable - like berz - after you know what you're doing. Again, not sure if 3* is doable (but frac has less HP than berz iirc, so if berz is then frac is too).

Solo Haku
By far the easiest of the three, You can beat 3* haku solo with 10-15 minutes left using untuned UC builds. Use a 3-way dagger and dual 3-way/dual pepen bits for the majority of forms. Use custom shotgun/omega blaster/shotgun for shell drain (green) and fire (red) forms. Use a direct melee weapon like Ace Braver AM or Red Squealer AM for shield (blue) form, because the shield blocks bullets and daggers. Stick with airs and lands unless you know what you're doing.

I hope every new player sees this.
Or i have to keep saying this on Haku: "Take the usual equips, 3way dagger, shotguns/blasters/particle guns, sword/slayer bit." or this too "Red, Green and Final vortex Haku use guns."
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm

ZetBuster wrote:
I hope every new player sees this.
QFT

Or I have to resort to the less-marketable line of "1* Bring 2x Shotguns" over "1* Lotto cubes anyone?" Mad
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 7:39 pm

Z741 wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Goes a LOT faster when Fire Pillars, Slow Fields, and Hippos drop. :3

Bunker def: Aquilla/Gwyain with dual omegas and enough enhance internals to fit, sit in one of the nooks on the ground level and all the enemies will funnel towards you, and since Gwyain has splash and Aquila has pierce, you'll mow down the first round in 30s-1 min max. Alternatively, use Ouka or Vanguard to kill ground spawns and hope for dear god that the UFOs come last.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 am

While 1* difficulty is possible going solo, 2* and 3* is usually recommended with a party/group correct? As for the rewards, 2* and 3* usually have more chances of getting better drops right? I've fought 1* Haku repeatedly and most of the rewards I've received are tuning materials.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:53 am

True, 2-3* battles are better off in groups, but that's dependent on which encounter you're in. As Suguri said, 3* Haku is easily soloed with strong melee and a backup gun.

People tend to not engage 3* Berz since he trolls players often, and a crew that's willing to take on 3* Frac is a rare sight indeed. In addition you still have a chance of getting rare weapon drops on 2* as well.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

I'd like opinions on the new CS Chan battle quest and how solo runs factor in. Other info requested include rewards and experiences on it.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:46 pm

CS solo is stupidly easy, should be able to do it with 8-12 min left without much effort.

Same rewards as the old CS battle, except with an accessory for each of the new girls thrown into the mix too (which I'm guessing are all just +1 to one specific stat; Mighty Byne Gear is the only one I have, it's just +1 str).
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:50 pm

Suguri wrote:
CS solo is stupidly easy, should be able to do it with 8-12 min left without much effort.

Same rewards as the old CS battle, except with an accessory for each of the new girls thrown into the mix too (which I'm guessing are all just +1 to one specific stat; Mighty Byne Gear is the only one I have, it's just +1 str).

Then 2* and 3* is still recommended in a group? I've never fought the old CS battle so some specific reward info is requested (weapons, parts, etc). What are some recommended bots/builds if going for this particular quest?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:01 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Then 2* and 3* is still recommended in a group? I've never fought the old CS battle so some specific reward info is requested (weapons, parts, etc). What are some recommended bots/builds if going for this particular quest?
Oh whoops, forgot to mention difficulty. HP values for the girls barely change at all between 1* and 3*, I was actually talking about 3*.

Some drops include C.S. Rod, C.S. Groupie Fan, C.S. Clip, and aside from that it's mostly generic drops such as red flower and intelli green.

For builds, use a melee bot for toybox, a bot loaded with beams for byne girl, an art for aquila girl. Once you're against all four, focus on Toy first (melee), then take the others in whatever order you want. I'd recommend a Vulcan or Sniping Unit to serve as a distraction, otherwise all four are going to be jumping on you at all times.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Burst Bits help too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs   Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Opinions on Battle Planet Solo Runs
Page 1 of 1