Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xeno works...XP

Go down 
+29
ironpen27
zetagear
Yokura
Rei0079
shinigami
Andaros
Akahina Flamme
MightyPeanut
ChaosOmni
shindeta
Wolf Hikari
-VB-
Hyoka
FreedomFighter
Kasane_Teto
Maria+Holic
SlashEX
Abolla
Melody Chan
hussey
Segawa
shionx
Ecclesia
Feign
Replekia
Fate
Rein
Koao
Xenosnake
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Maria+Holic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Maria+Holic

Female Posts : 232

Xeno works...XP - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 am

shinigami wrote:
Still confused,but kinda had an improvement .I'd just post a snapshot here. scratch

I've used separate paths on different areas, but I regret that now,don know why I can't display all the paths in a same layer in this way.Is there anyway make different paths visible in the same layer at the same time?
>Xeno works...XP - Page 5 003_bm10
Spoiler:

And,just curious.Why are you using so many layers?Is it vital?

i can tell you why since i make a few my self they are on many layers so if you make a mistake at the hair you won't have to worry about erasing the other lines + you can overlap lines as well

@Xeno another great work!! just you wait till i finish a sketch of mine for the CB fan art ^_^ (btw question can i draw them in normal clothes or do they have to be in the mech?)
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:04 am

Maria+Holic wrote:

i can tell you why since i make a few my self they are on many layers so if you make a mistake at the hair you won't have to worry about erasing the other lines + you can overlap lines as well

@Xeno another great work!! just you wait till i finish a sketch of mine for the CB fan art ^_^ (btw question can i draw them in normal clothes or do they have to be in the mech?)

So,if Im right.The things you add or delete on a layer will just stay on that layer,if you make the layer invisible,your changes will be hidden.

ONLY CHANGES STAY ON A LAYER,right?
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 am

shinigami wrote:
Still confused,but kinda had an improvement .I'd just post a snapshot here. scratch

I've used separate paths on different areas, but I regret that now,don know why I can't display all the paths in a same layer in this way.Is there anyway make different paths visible in the same layer at the same time?
>Xeno works...XP - Page 5 003_bm10
Spoiler:

And,just curious.Why are you using so many layers?Is it vital?

Oh I think I found it, make a whole new file, you're working on a .png format image, some .png image have restriction on layers. >_>

@Maria+Holic Yeah I think you can draw them in different clothes :3
Back to top Go down
Maria+Holic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Maria+Holic

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 am

shinigami wrote:
Maria+Holic wrote:

So,if Im right.The things you add or delete on a layer will just stay on that layer,if you make the layer invisible,your changes will be hidden.

ONLY CHANGES STAY ON A LAYER,right?

yes! thats the point to it well in line art that it for coloring diff layers means diff colors the first will be the base colors & next layers would be shades & highlights

@Xeno that good ^^
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 am

T_T I thought as the submittion format is .png I might as well just use .png..

Oh well,this means I just have to draw the whole path b4 doing anything else.

The quick selection tool is harder to use then I thought it'll be,I tried my best to capture every spot I want to colour but there's always some missing/unwanted parts left.I guess this is its cons.Also,Do you use the gradient tool when you colour?I found it's relatively easy to colour and add shadings(or because it's just convenient,somehow,the effects).

My process is kinda ok despite the crooked lines and the selection tool problem ,thx 4 all the help (I'd keeping asking if I got more problems XD.Hope u won't mind.Havn't used PS for years)

@Maria+Holic : Try replacing part of their gear with clothes (EG I replaced the two 'bunny ears?' on Lily with a hat) and leave some on them.I find their new looks are quite fresh while still being mecha-related Cool
Back to top Go down
Maria+Holic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Maria+Holic

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 am

@shinigami i replace all of them so they would look like normal boys/girls though leaving a small part of the helm accessory isnt a bad idea either now lets not go any further it's going off topic
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 8:46 am

Yeah from now on let's go back to Photoshop Xeno's artwork XD
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:42 am

shinigami wrote:
T_T I thought as the submittion format is .png I might as well just use .png..

Oh well,this means I just have to draw the whole path b4 doing anything else.

The quick selection tool is harder to use then I thought it'll be,I tried my best to capture every spot I want to colour but there's always some missing/unwanted parts left.I guess this is its cons.Also,Do you use the gradient tool when you colour?I found it's relatively easy to colour and add shadings(or because it's just convenient,somehow,the effects).

My process is kinda ok despite the crooked lines and the selection tool problem ,thx 4 all the help (I'd keeping asking if I got more problems XD.Hope u won't mind.Havn't used PS for years)

Ya can always save it as .png when you're finish. :3

quick selection tool has a tolerance setting that you can adjust to get the whole area selection. I just dont know where its located in cs4. XP

I rarely use gradient for coloring... XP

Also last update on pic for today. =w=
Xeno works...XP - Page 5 Hebi-4
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am

Oh man,I'm so jealous of you.You finished colouring the whole thing in one day.

I spent the whole day scribbling and all I did are traced Lily's head and painted her hair Mad

I also found that 'Polygannal lasso tool' is very good at selecting areas to paint.Don know if it's available in previous versions.It works like the pentool but it's for surrounding an area to colour.

Sigh,it's 10:30 pm now Sleep gonna sleep T_T
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:15 am

Xeno! This nice! I love the way you make it. btw, that Jikun Long is also nice in Ninja Suit! And Shinigami, I like your work. Keep it up and it'll be better! Maria, do you got all the information to draw it in different clothes? Well, I suppose I wish you luck! ^w^
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Awesome as always. Hopefully you don't get accused again of being a art thief XD

I think the earlier entrants are breaking a sweat now that legit quality stuff is popping up XD
Back to top Go down
http://shinkakakumei.newgrounds.com/art/
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:55 pm

Rei0079 wrote:
Awesome as always. Hopefully you don't get accused again of being a art thief XD

I think the earlier entrants are breaking a sweat now that legit quality stuff is popping up XD

Submit your entry at the very last moment of the contest,that'll work.
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:57 pm

shinigami wrote:
Rei0079 wrote:

Nah I'll expect that out of the procrastinating schmucks who still can't read the rules right. Still so many handing in modified official work, which I suspect will inundate the majority of that thread as the deadline comes close.
Back to top Go down
http://shinkakakumei.newgrounds.com/art/
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 pm

shinigami wrote:
Oh man,I'm so jealous of you.You finished colouring the whole thing in one day.

I spent the whole day scribbling and all I did are traced Lily's head and painted her hair Mad

I also found that 'Polygannal lasso tool' is very good at selecting areas to paint.Don know if it's available in previous versions.It works like the pentool but it's for surrounding an area to colour.

Sigh,it's 10:30 pm now Sleep gonna sleep T_T

I use magic wand one click to select stuff. :3

Rei0079 wrote:

One of of the reason I draw the characters in my custom skins is to avoid that, dang it. XP

And my photoshop crashed like 3 times when I was doing her hair =_=
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 pm

It's good art, but the outfit feels a bit... not worksafe.
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Dun worry I'll be adding those floaty thingy like in my sig to cover her body :3

also someone should raw tesladonna in that biribiri pose lol
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Rei0079 wrote:
shinigami wrote:
Rei0079 wrote:

Nah I'll expect that out of the procrastinating schmucks who still can't read the rules right. Still so many handing in modified official work, which I suspect will inundate the majority of that thread as the deadline comes close.

Oh? You meant the earlier entrants = Fakes? Oops , misunderstood that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:09 am

Your Jikun Long has a very fitting name O:

She looks quite dangerous >':
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:33 am

Aye my little purple serpent. :3

Also asked around in game and they said her design is still considered "worksafe"... I think >_>
Back to top Go down
Maria+Holic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Maria+Holic

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 am

nice though i see you still haven't colored the skin yet & lastly how many layers of shades will you put in??

(BTW I'm finished with the sketch for my entry ^_^ )
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:31 am

I see you've submitted the finished piece of your "worksafe" Jikun Long to the contest.... ;D

It looks good xD I liked the close-up in the background

On a different note. Would you mind if I used your lineart for coloring? I like coloring >': And I, more often than not, can't draw lineart to color for the life of me xD;

Of course, I'm not gonna be like, handing out it everywhere, or something >: I want something to practice coloring on, and is CB-related. Robot-y like, yanno?

All up to you~ As the original artist.

EDIT: I remember now that you didn't display an actual, full, clean lineart version, so, I'm referring to your pencil-sketch xD Incase I was being confusing, that is Dx
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 am

Amazing lines.....The shadings are lightings are great @.@

I can't do shadings like that >< The thing ends up as charcoal.

What is lineart anyway?Im interested...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:42 am

Xenosnake wrote:
Dun worry I'll be adding those floaty thingy like in my sig to cover her body :3

also someone should draw tesladonna in that biribiri pose lol

If only I had a scanner.
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:26 am

Yokura wrote:
I see you've submitted the finished piece of your "worksafe" Jikun Long to the contest.... ;D

It looks good xD I liked the close-up in the background

On a different note. Would you mind if I used your lineart for coloring? I like coloring >': And I, more often than not, can't draw lineart to color for the life of me xD;

Of course, I'm not gonna be like, handing out it everywhere, or something >: I want something to practice coloring on, and is CB-related. Robot-y like, yanno?

All up to you~ As the original artist.

EDIT: I remember now that you didn't display an actual, full, clean lineart version, so, I'm referring to your pencil-sketch xD Incase I was being confusing, that is Dx

-I took down. It seems its not "work safe" after all. =_= is confused XP

-I didnt post the lineart due to the art theft thingy going around. XP

shinigami wrote:
Amazing lines.....The shadings are lightings are great @.@

I can't do shadings like that >< The thing ends up as charcoal.

What is lineart anyway?Im interested...

the one with lines only and no colors. lol

Hyoka wrote:
Xenosnake wrote:

also someone should draw tesladonna in that biribiri pose lol

If only I had a scanner.

Ya can always go to computer/internet cafe and rent a scanner. :3
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

How was it not work safe? D:? It's not like she was showing any boobs or anything, and well, she was showing quite a bit of leg and thigh, but.... whu. Default!Crimrose shows more than yours did xD;

Sad, >': No clean lineart to mooch of of. Q___Q *tear* I really liked the Jikun Long >':
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xeno works...XP   Xeno works...XP - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xeno works...XP
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next