Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prize for beta testers

Go down 
+21
Tigge
shadow443
shionx
Rein
Fate
GurrenMk3
Xross
Shiar
Sayuri Chan
Hyoka
Feign
Desu
milk
Replekia
SilverSeraph
Weis
Superior
Xenosnake
NovaZero
howitzerlove
Canaan
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Canaan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Prize for beta testers Empty
PostSubject: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:52 pm

There has been a lot of talk about the upcoming wipe once the beta ends. Many people are pleading the GMs to let them keep their accounts/robots as is. While I can sympathize with that, the fact is, it would break the game's balance horribly. If you are in any way the least bit competent and lucky, you have already made at least 100k from a tree event. The matches are packed with Garapon mechs sporting custom weapons loadouts. Many people have mulitiple high level mechs due to the ease of double XP weekends and the tickets. And right from the beginning, it was stated that this was an open beta and that everything would be wiped at the close.

However...

However, it seems that a "prize" for beta testers is being considered. A sort of "thank you" for participating. If a concrete decision has not been made yet, I would like to take this time to suggest something.

Let us keep a few mechs. A commando, 3 mechs at most. Or perhaps no, maybe just one. You cannot let us keep all of our mechs as that would wreck the game's balance. You cannot let us keep all of our money, because frankly, the in game economy would collapse faster than a fat man on stairs. And if you give us something like a special hat or title, most people will continue with their original plan: to leave after the free beta ends. But letting us keep a few, or at least one would give players incentive to stay. I'm sure many of you have grown attached to a certain mech, be it your starter, or just one which you customized from the ground up. Maybe you like the weapons loadout, the paint job, or just the way it walks. Keeping at least one mech would not be a game breaker. You would not have lost all of the work you put into it, yet at the same time, you would play to rebuild your garage.

Anyways that's just my idea. What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
howitzerlove
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
howitzerlove

Male Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:02 pm

I bet our gift will be a fancy hat. D:

I'm quite easy to contempt, A ticket for a free mech (get over here, you L sized Air mech) and two free weapons would do the trick for me...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:50 pm

I support the "Let us keep one commando" idea. Or maybe they preserve that one commando and gift them to us the first time we log in.
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm

^But would you agree to reset the lvl and have default equipment to be fair to newbies? :3
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:33 pm

Xenosnake wrote:
^But would you agree to reset the lvl and have default equipment to be fair to newbies? :3
I don't mind leveling them up again. If possible, I just want their robo-selves intact.
Back to top Go down
Superior

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:15 pm

What you guys are proposing would have been acceptable if the beta wasn't so easy,
I;e idiots quading ancient bazookas.

But becuase they made it the way it is now, it would drive away any potential players that might join after the beta.
These new players are the same players that will have to pay for the same four ancient bazookas.

Besides, it was announced that there would be a wipe, getting too attached is your own fault.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:11 pm

players are just too spoiled.

but at the same time they did release way too many things within the beta.
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:23 pm

I've been suggesting this since I heard there would be a wipe, both on this forum when it was mentioned, and on their "forum" so this is really nothing new.

"I'd be happy if they simply let us keep our first commando, but defaulted their levels and gear."

I'd have little more to ask for than level breakers and seraph promos if they let me keep my Crimrose army.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:27 pm

If they partner with Cherry Credits, I really wouldn't mind cashing.

Besides, out of all the cash robos I have right now, I only want to keep Misty Hollow, Lily Rain and Zero Saber.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

i only like Lily really.
but i'm a firm believer in the wipe and everyone starting over.

everyone in the beta technically already has a head start on how to play the game.
i doubt it will take long for anyone to get what they want in less than a week.

Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Weis wrote:
i only like Lily really.

everyone in the beta technically already has a head start on how to play the game.

The problem is that every robo in the beta save for Crim, Jikun Hu and Lily Rain is a cash robo. And even then, the starter Hu and Lily aren't fully customizable. It's gonna be easy for every one to lose interest in the game after the wipe.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:39 pm

I'd be happy with a wipe if we got 5 free garapon spins on the house.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

...I'm starting to think of the possibility that they might let us carry over our UC.

Or convert our UC to Rt.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:46 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Weis wrote:
i only like Lily really.

The problem is that every robo in the beta save for Crim, Jikun Hu and Lily Rain is a cash robo. And even then, the starter Hu and Lily aren't fully customizable. It's gonna be easy for every one to lose interest in the game after the wipe.

that's not my problem.
i mean the less idiots to deal with the better.
the less spoiled brats i gotta deal with in arena's the better.
more players that know what they do and more players that listen or pay attention and not cost us the fight.

ppl that leave are ppl that want freebies. players that can't spend a little extra time to get what they want because they did alot of it in the beta.

as for the cash bots. i suppose i can't deny that it's a shame. i kinda like mecha jetter girl and Laz Flamme.
but if it means ppl aren't complete retards about it. i'm all for the wipe.
I've played alot of games for a long time and if there's one thing about catering to what the players want. it's more often or not the downfall of a game from being just like any other game that kills the feeling of being rewarded for hard work.

I already posted my 2 cents about this topic in another thread a while back.
and i stand by it. i dislike kids that can't put a little effort into getting something and having to cry a river to get it just because they were given an example of what they can do/are capable of.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:55 pm

NovaZero wrote:
...I'm starting to think of the possibility that they might let us carry over our UC.

Or convert our UC to Rt.

I kinda doubt that, what with them handing out millions through the tree events. I have so much money I can't even spend it all on myself. I just bought 20 random people robots, accompanied with both level limit removers and a premium package. That's roughly 2.2 mil UC, and I STILL have 367k left..
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm

hmmm.
i don't know...maybe double uc drop ticket?
i'm having trouble gaining uc now.
i cant imagine how it would be like when the game gets serious.
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Weis wrote:
i only like Lily really.

Um there is a chance that Lily may not be a starter bot in official release...T_T I asked GM Tempura about it he said its still not finalized.
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Xenosnake wrote:
Weis wrote:
i only like Lily really.

Um there is a chance that Lily may not be a starter bot in official release...T_T I asked GM Tempura about it he said its still not finalized.

It seems highly unlikely that she wouldn't be. It only makes sense that they give the option of 1 LAND, 1 AIR, 1 ART
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm

as long as crim is a beginner bot.
...i didnt like flying before, but god damnit.
now im a flying freak.
i'm single-handedly creating a new type of flying.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:03 am

Miliken wrote:
now im a flying freak.
Crim has always been a starter. Even back in CB JP's early days, you could choose to start off with either Crim, a Jaguar Arm(for land types) and some artillery type robo whose name escapes me.
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

Replekia wrote:
Xenosnake wrote:
Weis wrote:
i only like Lily really.

It seems highly unlikely that she wouldn't be. It only makes sense that they give the option of 1 LAND, 1 AIR, 1 ART

This is yet another rumor of what they may or may not do. Someone wrote on their "forum" that the GMs may be planning to give us the starter we chose, and the gold editions we gained. So if Lily was your starter, and both of those comments are true, then you would still have her afterwords.

Take that with a hill of salt though, as it is a rumor and should be viewed as no more than it is.

@Milk If Crimrose stays a UC purchasable bot, I intend to have 3 of them as quickly as I can once the dust of the apocalypse (wipe) settles.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

then i guess i know what starter im choosing when the game DROPS.
BOMB DROP.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 am

SilverSeraph wrote:
This is yet another rumor of what they may or may not do. Someone wrote on their "forum" that the GMs may be planning to give us the starter we chose, and the gold editions we gained. So if Lily was your starter, and both of those comments are true, then you would still have her afterwords.

Take that with a hill of salt though, as it is a rumor and should be viewed as no more than it is.
If that is true, then that means I won't have to pay a new Zero Saber once I get the chance to.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 am

.-. As long as i'll be able to keep some stuff or get something of equal or greater value i'll be dandy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:10 am

NovaZero wrote:
Miliken wrote:
now im a flying freak.
Crim has always been a starter. Even back in CB JP's early days, you could choose to start off with either Crim, a Jaguar Arm(for land types) and some artillery type robo whose name escapes me.
So, during the Tutorial, the contact gives you a Hound Dog and an Aquila so that you have a full commando. Then after levelling up, you get a Laz Flamme, and much later, a Crimrose as gifts from the Union. How many of these do you get in the JP version? Just the two starters?

Desu wrote:
.-. As long as i'll be able to keep some stuff or get something of equal or greater value i'll be dandy
I liked the suggestion last night during Gorilla Radio: An ecchi Crimrose body pillow cover for all the beta testers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prize for beta testers   Prize for beta testers Empty

Back to top Go down

Prize for beta testers
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next