Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?

Go down 
+26
Desu
Epacsten
Havok
Lyala
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
boytitan2
Midreus
Flandyrll
Ren
Shimapan
Trill
knyx
Rinrin
LordShade
SkyPanic
Nisa
xzpwnz
shinigami
reiya
Mist
reVelske
Kecepirit
IronDicks
rexfighter
Melencholy
inzane14
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 am

Flandyrll wrote:
Ren wrote:
I think its possible to get a vanguard in 1 5x roll... id say 40% chance Razz

My information has no basis; but that's how I 'feel' at the moment based on the mixed views. Sashiri's intuition is unexplainable.

One thing for sure is that on the first day of Gara Lop 2, I saw vanguards littered everywhere.
40%? Geeze, I must be horribly unlucky then seeing that I did over 20 rolls and I didn't even get one yet.

If everything in the gara has the same chance, it's 1/18 for a Fencer, which is equivalent to 5.56%. Doing some quick estimations, if you made of 5x roll, you would only have a rough chance of 27.78%. However, as we all know, 5x of a 5.56% is not necessarily 27.78% but rather, lower than that so it's safe to say at the odds of getting at least one Fencer in a 5x roll is less than a 1/4.
because high school maths is fun

P (not getting fencer at all in 5x roll, assuming equal chances for any given ball)=(1-0.0556)^5=0.75124=75.124%
P (getting at least 1 fencer, following same assumptions)=1-0.75124=0.24876=24.876%

obviously you'd expect silver balls to be harder to get than, say, a red ball, so the chance is probably definitely lower, say maybe 15%-20% to be rather optimistic (relatively speaking)

now watch as someone comes in and points out an extremely elementary mistake I made in my calculations because that's what I do all the time
especially in examinations

herpderp
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:03 am

Midreus so smart Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Midreus so smart Embarassed
i wouldn't be failing my internal tests if that were the case ;~;
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 am

reiya wrote:
meh. when revenge tune is out

fencer > ivis.

fact.

QFT

also took me two 5 x rolls

worthy bots 2 suzakus

and 1 fencer ^__^

well imust lucky got hatigram on my 3rd 5x two gattling zookas and 2 cruel rail guns on my second 5x

Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:16 am

What if I say that I'm a limited spender? Sure, I have enough rt to complete my tunes and get rt bots from the shop, but I don't a massive amount to spend on the rare to get OP bots with hundreds of dollars. Vanguard may be the easiest OP bot I may receive in the game. This is a real conundrum since I don't know if the gara's being removed already in the next update. Thanks for the opinions.
Back to top Go down
Grave 'LayLay' Revolver
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 4:26 am

omg i knew people spent money on this game and i have spent about $70 myself but jeeeeeeeez i didnt realise so many people have soooo much disposable income...

Im jealous

Some one said they did over 70 roles on Patty gara wtf?!?! soo jealous

At least i feel better about finishing top 10 most games now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/graveduke/random
Ren
Ren

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Razz I don't know. I kind of spat out 40% because it was a well rounded number. It looks like it's plumetted to 25% now? In any rate, it may be safer to just say that there's better chances of getting him than say, a patty. But that's just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:10 am

So I got Cyber Trolled as CS didn't hand me over a single Vanguard. ;__;

Although the somewhat twisted irony kicked in and they gave me EVERYTHING I would have been fine with even if I didn't get him; Genbura, Maril March Trill, Winberrl Ellen and protectors + tune mats.

Well at least they extended the gara time some more so I still have a chance of getting this OP bastard. >__<

Last edited by inzane14 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:06 am

I hope u rolled now since update I think the reduced the good bot rate since they already got there moneys worth

oh well I dont have genbu whos now good fuck u for dat cs T__T at least I ahve vangaurd and hati gram machine T______T
Back to top Go down
Lyala
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyala

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 9:59 am

10 roll, 2 VF, no patty Surprised

the trick IS!!! keep thinking i want patty i want patty not VF not VF
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:26 am

boytitan2 wrote:
I hope u rolled now since update I think the reduced the good bot rate since they already got there moneys worth

oh well I dont have genbu whos now good fuck u for dat cs T__T at least I ahve vangaurd and hati gram machine T______T

Do you have any proof? Or did anyone else notice this?

Considering trying for the Fencer one more time I have had terrible luck, 40 rolls and no patty OR fencer D:

A lot of Genburas, Suzekus and Winberrls... not to mention a bunch of crap bots as well though, but you don't really need more then one :/
Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:42 pm

I only do one 5x roll on any garapon because I don't like getting stuff I already have and I don't have a lot of money to waste.
That said, when I tried to get Patty Lop, I got two vanguards.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 2:14 am

Vanguard is like any other bot on Cosmic Break for Root.
You have to get it.
No matter how much root you spend.
You have to get it.
Tempura commands you charge more.
Even if you have to have a second morgage on your house.
You have to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 8:18 am

Desu wrote:
Vanguard is like any other bot on Cosmic Break for Root.
You have to get it.
No matter how much root you spend.
You have to get it.
Tempura commands you charge more.
Even if you have to have a second morgage on your house.
You have to get it.

Gotta catch em all I spose Razz
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Some one in my guild got both vangaurd and the bunny in 5 rolls.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

I have terrible gara luck. T3T
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 9:18 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

i know of many people who got eve in 1 roll,relax.
Back to top Go down
Darkmare
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Darkmare

Female Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 10:21 pm

UncleBobbie wrote:

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

So did I.
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:49 am

this also reminds me of how i rolled mine. got lotsa genbura and a winberrl. (*sparkle sparkle*) was trying if i could do it in 4 rolls. no luck. QQ
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 9:01 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
this also reminds me of how i rolled mine. got lotsa genbura and a winberrl. (*sparkle sparkle*) was trying if i could do it in 4 rolls. no luck. QQ

I so jelly so jelly so jelly rolled that gara 20 time I have a patyy 4 vangaurds like ten suzakus 20 crim rose as and no genbu I have every other aura bot but genbu I so so jelly right now --
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 am

boytitan2 wrote:
btrex2100 wrote:

I so jelly so jelly so jelly rolled that gara 20 time I have a patyy 4 vangaurds like ten suzakus 20 crim rose as and no genbu I have every other aura bot but genbu I so so jelly right now --

whut's so special about that genbura? i dont like it anyways..
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:04 pm

btrex2100 wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
btrex2100 wrote:

whut's so special about that genbura? i dont like it anyways..

Once you get enhance internal weapon cartridges and turn on his aura...

He becomes better than Destructor and Saggitary Maxis.

Goddamn combined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?   Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is one x5 roll good enough to get Vanguard?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2