Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adventures in an alt account, or...

Go down 
+6
SkyPanic
ziix
boytitan2
SmileBrush
MightyPeanut
CapeMike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

Adventures in an alt account, or... Empty
PostSubject: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:12 am

...how to see things from the other side! Suspect

Well I've mentioned it a few times, but I've been playing around with an alt. account for awhile now, if only to see how one of the other Unions goes about their daily business and interacts with the other 2 Unions....

For the most part, it isn't really that much different, but seeing some of the more notable players in a different light has been really eye-opening...that, and it's nice having them shoot with me rather than AT me! What a Face

Take note that, while I've already found myself on the receiving end of blastings from my Wiz-clan quite a few times(and got one of -them- today in a match...who knew a Mini-'zook was so effective equipped on a Brickgale?), I'll never consider spying for either Union...just not how I roll, heh.

Still wondering to myself how long it'll be before someone figures out who I am over there, but here's a pic of one of my 'bots(yay [ro] cube) to help you along a bit...:

Adventures in an alt account, or... Altbyn10

If nothing else, I hope this would lead to better Union relations! cheers

Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:52 am

SPY CHECK
BUUUUUUURN
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:00 am

MightyPeanut wrote:
SPY CHECK
BUUUUUUURN

Oh c'mon...; as I said above, it's not in my nature to do anything like that...if only because I'm typically running away from things too much to bother spying.... Smile
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:20 am

.... how do u even SPY for a union? how does it even work? wat's the point? and finally, wat's the benefit?

i don't get that o.o all i hear that i MIGHT consider me spying on them is:

-in BRD
*ALL WIZ AND DOS PPL ARE DUMB (somewhere on that line... and even THIS is not common... u only hear it from nubs that camp in lobby and pros dont even care about them ;-Wink

-in DOS
*ALL BRD AND WIZ PPL ARE DUMB (somewhere on that line... and even THIS is not common... u only hear it from nubs that camp in lobby and pros dont even care about them ;-Wink

-in WIZ
*do i have to repeat myself?... sigh, fine~
*ALL DOS AND BRD PPL ARE DUMB (somewhere on that line... and even THIS is not common... u only hear it from nubs that camp in lobby and pros dont even care about them ;-Wink

would this even COUNT as spying? it has no beneficial value for my loyal union whatsoever... O.o

so ya, wat is the point of spying? u don't achieve anything.

there is ONE way of proper spying, but i don't think ppl would go thru all that trouble to just waste their time playing their OWN ORIGINAL account:

-in epoch, be on your "spy" account and join. use "/tell" in order to give out information to a player within the union u r loyal to.
-u make the enemy union lose by that, but u lose, also.
-u wasted ur time playing ur spy account in precious epoch time, thus u lose ur chance of attending epoch FOR REALZ :O
-u realize that going thru all those trouble (making a spy account -> trying to join epoch -> carefully listening to the tactics -> typing wat the tactic was to the union u r loyal to) was not worth it, since it's not like ur gonna get some kind of a prize for it.
-the only thing u might achieve from spying is raising the chance of victory for ur union with no guarantee... and MAYBE ur union wins thx to ur "spying" but the prize u get would be something crappy like a Screw Bolt (Tune-up material) from weekly union prize... woop dee doo.... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 am

I guess it's just something some players get worked up about...and sometimes, justifiably so....

Regardless, it's a new experience for me, roaming around a different Union area and meeting new players...always fun making new freinds! Smile
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:11 am

real no life spies use bots on other accounts U really must have no life if u do this =D

ro team pillar and jsut on purposely loose
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 am

NO FAIR! WHY DO YOU GET A BYNE FROM RO CUBES!? orz
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:54 pm

ziix wrote:
NO FAIR! WHY DO YOU GET A BYNE FROM RO CUBES!? orz

Dunno, but if I could trade it to someone for a bot I can actually USE, I would in a heartbeat.... Sad

I'm having no luck with it's punches...have to get WAY too close for comfort for me...of course, melee in general is too close for comfort for me...just cant get my head wrapped around close-combat.... No

=edit=

...sometimes, I wonder if I'm even worthy of being -in- HotGlue...; I mean, sure they won the recent Clan Tourney with an utterly insane last-second rally, but they're so far ahead of me skill-wise, it's hard for me to comprehend how they DO some of it!

Guess I could just use friends at a time like this...shaken self-confidence and 2 years without a job(not for a lack of trying, though!!) would probably do that to anyone, eh?
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 pm

a true man never SPY Cool
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:18 am

May I ask what your obsession with being good at melee is? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 am

Suguri wrote:

Its just that CapeMike completely, utterly, dramatically fails at melee. Even with lag kuns or even Byne or Squealer (he almost succeeded at squealer)

<<<

Last edited by RoboFranky on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:38 am

Well, I'm just so laughably BAD at it, mainly....

...and that's how it's always been for me in games like this and in 1st person shooters as well...if I've played it, or even tried it, I invariably always end up in a role that sees me well off the front-lines, doing what support I can manage...; it's gotten to the point where I'm nearly incapable of using any short range weaponry options, and in a few cases, I've managed to make weapons/setups/characters that weren't meant for long-range into something that could pass for one!

City of Heroes(http://www.cityofheroes.com/en.html) for instance; created an Energy/Devices Blaster with only 4 primary attacks(out of a possible 9 for a lv 50) and everything else devoted to rear-line Defensive fire-support...the idea was to either keep the baddies from seeing me until it was far too late, or prevent them from being able to get to my teammates...or sometimes, both! cheers ...and I'd like to think I got rather good at it.

EverQuest may have been the lone exception to the rule...had a Beastlord there and made sure to cap 3 or 4 weapons-skill levels for any situation...but that was a multi-role archetype, anyway, so I'm not sure about that one.

Regardless, Exteel(r.i.p., old friend) drove the point home for me and CS has repeatedly hit that point over the head with a hammer...once something on the ground gets close to me, I effectively have zero chance of survival unless I can figure a way to at least defend myself with any kind of melee-weapon...and aside from some limited sucess with red.squealer arms(still don't have a Haku sword yet), I've been utterly incapable of hitting anything beyond Arcantus drones at melee...yesterday, for example...managed to miss a point-blank attack using that Byne above against a large art...the guy was walking, my Byne reared back for the punch, and by the time the punch actually went off, he was already dashing to my left!

Baffling how I can shoot the proverbial fly off a can halfway across a map, yet whiff with melee weapons.... *shrug*

Anyway, a bit off-subject there...but hopefully, I'll have more new friends soon! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 am

Cori is mainly melee player in most of the games Cori played. QQ
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:42 am

RoboFranky wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Its just that CapeMike completely, utterly, dramatically fails at melee. Even with lag kuns or even Byne or Squealer (he almost succeeded at squealer)

<<<

What Robo said...see my avatar there? It's my 'bot from Exteel...built entirely around, and geared for, nothing else except near constant Rocket-fire, it was ideal for my style; excellent cool-down/EN recharge/reload frequency...I didn't NEED a lock-on to plug someone who could sometimes not even SEE me! It made for a good capture-the-flag bot to defend said flag, hehe.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 am

dude its not hard

Your failing at melee cause your useing bad builds go haku get kami staff put it on byne your not supposed to start with his punches

second once u have a byne with kami staff sneak upfrom behind your eniies at all time dont charge head on like most lands

3 u see those squares go for them most arts have bad wlk low tgh cause they try to have a small hit box (sidenote HHHHAAA AT LEAST MY FAT ARTS HAVE OVER 20 tgh and over 20 wlk to avoid lands KARMA BITCH)

4th wat fps game are you trying to melee in ???

let me think theres sword in halo not near as good as shotgun shot gun is instant 10 kills

theres the spawn weapon in quake 3 arena strafe and hop like a fag and spamm it lol not to good but in some maps and cases works greats

cross fire has melee weapons

there are just some things were not ment to do tho in all fps games I am either a mid range sharp shooter use 3 burt weapons with scopes or single shots

or Im the guy who rambos spawn ( no I do this cause I live and can dodge everyone) kill who i can and draw every one in my teams
snipers line of fire
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:01 am

Well, I also meant short-range weapons in general as well....

An interesting update...; on my main account, I scrounged up 32rt via the last remaining surveys I could, and, on a whim, went after the 30rt Gara(Frau/Herr). Idea

It handed me a Pilebunker, of all things! ...it seems to work just like Byne's, except it can repeat-fire 2 or 3 times after the initial lunge; seems to do good damage if the 1st hit connects, especially after a Red.Sq. Bd-step.... Surprised

So, if I wanted to use this paired with a Red.Squealer Bd, how else would I want to build the bot(before any tuning) to take advantage of it, keeping in mind that I'm still a melee-beginner?
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:08 am

CapeMike wrote:

An interesting update...; on my main account, I scrounged up 32rt via the last remaining surveys I could, and, on a whim, went after the 30rt Gara(Frau/Herr). Idea

It handed me a Pilebunker, of all things! ...it seems to work just like Byne's, except it can repeat-fire 2 or 3 times after the initial lunge; seems to do good damage if the 1st hit connects, especially after a Red.Sq. Bd-step.... Surprised

So, if I wanted to use this paired with a Red.Squealer Bd, how else would I want to build the bot(before any tuning) to take advantage of it, keeping in mind that I'm still a melee-beginner?

have u tried 8 vulcans or custom magnum

I was good with short ranged weapons but halo reach screwed that armor lock and sprint have spoiled me T__T and I used to be a shot gun master damiit halo For making shot guns so easy to use Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:56 am

CapeMike wrote:

LOL pilebunker -_-

I guess you should start the combo with a Squealer Punch, then the pilebunker, so that you reach the enemy before using Pilebunker.

For the bot, since you seem to be having a really hard time with melee, maximize your TGH, so that you won't get stunned so often. Keep your hitbox as small as possible.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:02 pm

BRD's empty as a ghost town, fortunately... i saw my old CB-JP EN Players/friends and added them as well.

Not entirely an alternate account, (KBTKaiser) i just wanted to try Thoarla's Lightning Gun for a few.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 pm

-Finally- managed to hit someone with Byne's Pilebunker arm...on the 3rd swing...in the middle of 2 larges and a medium...eh, for me, that's progress, sadly.... :\

Had fun in an earlier Epoch vs Dos...it coulda been bad early for me, as a Crim found me tucked away while I was lobbing missles, but a few teammates came to save the day!

We scored a decisive win on defense...granted we had them outnumbered, but the vast majority of our bots seemed to be arts early on, and a Macross Missle Massacare style bashing ensued, with lands and airs coming in later to finish it off for us.

...but that's not the surprising part....

Adventures in an alt account, or... Result11

Just goes to show you 2 things...what I can do with a bot type I'm comfortable with, -and- the fact that the 'newb' player might not be who or what you think.... Wink

Adventures in an alt account, or... Artboo10

My art in action awhile later.... cheers (side note: Sweeper Shotgun under burst-fire does scary things to a Jikun....)

Surely someone recognizes me now!

Last edited by CapeMike on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 11:04 pm

It must suck being targeted by the league of autism
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 am

boytitan2 wrote:
dude its not hard

Your failing at melee cause your useing bad builds go haku get kami staff put it on byne your not supposed to start with his punches

second once u have a byne with kami staff sneak upfrom behind your eniies at all time dont charge head on like most lands

3 u see those squares go for them most arts have bad wlk low tgh cause they try to have a small hit box (sidenote HHHHAAA AT LEAST MY FAT ARTS HAVE OVER 20 tgh and over 20 wlk to avoid lands KARMA BITCH)

let me think theres sword in halo not near as good as shotgun shot gun is instant 10 kills

theres the spawn weapon in quake 3 arena strafe and hop like a fag and spamm it lol not to good but in some maps and cases works greats

there are just some things were not ment to do tho in all fps games I am either a mid range sharp shooter use 3 burt weapons with scopes or single shots

or Im the guy who rambos spawn ( no I do this cause I live and can dodge everyone) kill who i can and draw every one in my teams
snipers line of fire

ur 1st comment: "fail" is a very offensive term. i encourage you not to say that word too often.

ur 2nd comment: "no i do this becuz i live and can dodge everyone"... ah, so in a fps game u can do this? then y dont u try that in CB so u don't cost like 4~5k every match :O no offense, but srsly lolz
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:31 am

Well, I got into a GM team-match room a short time ago...manic fun ensued, not to mention my usual bout of complaining about being bad at melee....

Then the GM busted out a custom map from Japan that was mostly water, and the transformations began in earnest while I got out my not-used-in-some-time Helingal....

Maybe it was the water nearly everywhere, but I was actually doing pretty darn well, lobbing pulse missles everywhere! Made a pass directly over one opponent(who may've been one of the Hakus), then, noticing he was already weakened, and knowing I'd never get another chance like it, I wheeled around in the air and went blade-style melee on him...3-hit chain for the Helingal melee-kill! Very Happy

...actually made up for the embarassment ealier, hehe....
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 am

SmileBrush wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
dude its not hard

snipers line of fire

ur 1st comment: "fail" is a very offensive term. i encourage you not to say that word too often.

ur 2nd comment: "no i do this becuz i live and can dodge everyone"... ah, so in a fps game u can do this? then y dont u try that in CB so u don't cost like 4~5k every match :O no offense, but srsly lolz

large hit box makes dodgeing pointless

small bots that can dodge like lily raina ndz ero saber girl are to much work to lvl and get well

edit

ITS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO PLAY THIS GAME FPS stlye

actualy if I played this game fps style Id be screwed

I cant rambo in cosmic break like this

Last edited by boytitan2 on Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 4:50 am

boytitan2 wrote:
large hit box makes dodgeing pointless

small bots that can dodge like lily raina ndz ero saber girl are to much work to lvl and get well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in an alt account, or...   Adventures in an alt account, or... Empty

Back to top Go down

Adventures in an alt account, or...
Page 1 of 1