Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)

Go down 
+14
Scott-kip
CapeMike
Touma
XiaoFu
HashiriyaR32
That_Wiesel_Guy
Shai
Gerrion
centralheating
VeryMelon
NoizeGT
Magna.Zero
ziix
Winty
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) Empty
PostSubject: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 am

It all started in arena. I died once, and noticed a small graphical issue, but the second time I died it was still there, so I started to worry.
Spoiler:

upon exiting arena, I found that things were much worse than that.
Spoiler:

I was afraid of what I might see if I turned around, but I took a deep breath and surveyed my surroundings. I found that the new player area was under the effects of some strange distortions.
Spoiler:

Highly concerned for both the cosmic ark and my own safety, I moved to the other section of the resort area, to see if the natives were alright. But first I had to travel through this oddly-colored tunnel.
Spoiler:

Most of the residents of the new player area were unaffected, but Kuten seemed to be suffering from a distortion affixed to her legs.
Spoiler:

It also appeared that they were all talking in some strange language that I was unable to understand.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:38 am

It's the work of the curse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:40 am

Cosmic Unreal
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:01 am

drug vision!
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 am

I logged in right after maintenance and didn't experience this....yet
Back to top Go down
NoizeGT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 173

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:06 am

you're on the 'edge' of the minecra- oh wait, its CB.
Back to top Go down
http://flyteam.jp/member/GujiRinka
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:10 am

I tried to check someone's commando in epoch. BIG mistake.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:41 am

It's OK guys! They increased the amount of memory the game uses AGAIN so it's now all fixed!
Back to top Go down
centralheating
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
centralheating

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:47 am

Holy shit

That's awesome
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 am

*cough* "A Whole New World..." *cough*

If you know what i mean...
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:00 am

That's madness. But so awesome at the same time. xD
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 am

THE CURSE OF TUNK
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 am

Winty, what's your hardware?

The only thing I've noticed after the emergency maint (just logged in now) is reduced draw distance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 am

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
aka shitty laptop graphics card.
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am

This is for everyone else who wasn't in the chatbox convo at around 10AM EST
---------------

I'm running the inferior Nvidia GT 525M and I'm NOT getting any of these graphical glitches. Something's seriously up if the superior card is having problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

AKB had the problem, he had the memory on XL. Told him to try lowering it and it seems to have fixed it for now.

For anyone that has this graphical bug, I guess it's worth a try to lower the memory if you have it on XL or so.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 am

.........So I have to change it to XL?? idk if I like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Touma
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Touma

Female Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am

I have it on L and works just perfect.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 am

mine was on XL and I changed it to L, played a few matches without this happening. Game doesn't run as smooth, but the graphical problems seem to have vanished.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am

Was on XL(with 1GB RAM); adjusted to M, and all seems well(skins still disabled)....

Spoiler:

Screengrab of current settings for me, if it helps....
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:47 am

Glad to hear that it fixed the problem for you guys as well.

I'm guessing that when you have it on XL while having below 2GB of RAM it'll cause the graphical bug to happen. In the emergency maintenance notes it also states that if you have below 2GB RAM you shouldn't put it on XL.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:57 am

Shai wrote:

I'm guessing that when you have it on XL while having below 2GB of RAM it'll cause the graphical bug to happen. In the emergency maintenance notes it also states that if you have below 2GB RAM you shouldn't put it on XL.

That's what I was thinking; they likely adjusted the global memory usage settings upwards, and lower-RAM PCs can't handle the XL settings anymore...looks like M did the trick for me...didn't actually go into any matches, but ran around the Lesson Area, swapped some bots/commandos, and took a look in the shop with virtually no lag or framerate drops....
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Shai wrote:

i have 4GB of ram though.
Back to top Go down
centralheating
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
centralheating

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Gave it a try, XL was pretty smooth in 15v15. Didn't get to try at a 30vs30 though cos I need sleep

My graphics card is even lower than Winty's at 330M if that matters, but my ram is at 4GB
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Winty wrote:
Shai wrote:

i have 4GB of ram though.

Well, that's the only reason I could think of. Anything else we can assume is that CS just screwed up again and that'll it'll be fixed, hopefully soon.

But at least we got a temporarily 'fix'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)   my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning) Empty

Back to top Go down

my adventures in the new cosmic ark(image warning)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next