Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what are some good mech builds?

Go down 
+10
Rein
Sayuri Chan
Foxie
Defiance
NovaZero
Skoczypies
SilverSeraph
Hyoka
Xenosnake
GreyFalcon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

So what are some good mech builds? Empty
PostSubject: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:03 am

Just wondering, what are some ideal robot builds with Hound Dog, Aquila, Lily Rain, CrimRose, and Jikun Hu?

Or what mech builds do you use (regardless of type)
That you find to be really effective?

Thanks bom
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:22 am

I play ART support, so I focus more on speed and range than fire power.

My ART mech, Lily is equipped with only two magnum handguns you find in the shop. She is pretty good with long range support fire. And fast enough to dance with multiple enemies.

And my Support mech, Winberyll she is equipped with same guns as Lily. Weirdly she can solo ART and AIR type mechs easily thanks to that binding thingy...O_o

I'm still not sure on my Third mech... currently shuffling between toybox, Misty, and Crim B
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 am

on Hound Dog I usually would want to equip shotguns or something that either fires quickly or something that will hit hard and is accurate.

For Aquila, I tend to bring a Star Cannon and use his regular built-in weapon and wait for a chance to break out the cannon.

For Crimrose, I take a Beam Rifle and fire from as far as I possibly can fire it.
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 am

Well I guess I'll post my silly builds.

Hound Dog
=======
Accelerator Gun
Bazooka
Dual Rifle Bit

Jikun Hu
=====
Handy Magnum
Mini Bazooka
Dual Rifle Bit

Aquila
====
Either a Negaton Rifle, or a Rage Machinegun (depending on account)
And a Viper Shield
CrimRose legs
Dual Beam Bit

Lilly Rain
======
2x Single Gun
Dual Rifle Bit (Thinking about the Missile Bit tho)

CrimRose
======
Plasma Rifle (gun?)
Dual Beam Bit
Back to top Go down
SilverSeraph
SilverSeraph

Male Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:51 am

I pretty much only use Crimrose so...

My first one (Crimrose B.) has a plasma gun and plasma spear. Pretty fun to duel with. Especially since the beam spear has lovely range and does a "bounce back" motion when you use it instead of rampaging off in the direction you point it at. Good for taking quick pokes in the middle of a fight.

Second one (Crimrose N.) has a paralyzer and her sword arm. (I like melee, so sue me.) I like it for hunting down other quick moving units.

Third one (Original Crimrose. <3) has a Wide Beam-gun in one hand and a shield in the other. I use an AcerBrave arm for the shield so anything that gets close gets an unexpected punch in the face. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 am

Very Happy I still use Lily Very Happy thou my is more for quests and fun then pwn4g3...

Two Military Machine guns are funny and look good ;P and allows to have wings, and with accele roll it is kinda easy to avoid incoming missles and support fire... Well, it's not so bad in pvp too, but low on ammo ;P
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 am

OK, now I have to ask:

What IS a rage machine gun?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:23 am

I'm the kind that likes to fly around and pursue weakened targets, so my main Crimrose has a Laser for close combat, Beamgun for mid-combat, and Wing Plus AMJs for increased flight speed.

For an Aquila, I'd replace its legs with Crimrose LG and place the Aquila BS on its extra BS slot. Crim LG gives more speed than its current legs, although it'll look awkward seeing a huge flying robo with smaller scale legs.

For a Lily Rain, there's this:
So what are some good mech builds? 60
Tarantrick LG
Force Barrier LGJ
Misside AM x2
-Beam Rifle
-Armor Breaker
Ashura AMJ x2
-Escargot AM
-Locomotive X AM

Hyoka wrote:
OK, now I have to ask:

What IS a rage machine gun?
Machine gun with 1600 ammo. Good damage, but range feels a bit limited.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 7:01 am

Sounds like something for my Poodle (hound dog) to try
Back to top Go down
Defiance
Newcomer
Newcomer
Defiance

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:05 am

Hound Dog:

Ancient Launcher Or Dual Bazookas
Increase his Core weapon (the arm blades are enough, no need for a slash blade really). Or get the shellguard/bulletguard/beamguard for tanking.
I've also seen the dual chain vulcan builds or dual blasters.

As for Aquila, Stardust cannon and vipershield mostly. You'll need it since you're a flying target. You could use a shotgun (dual blasters/stardust x blaster) as an alternative. But there's the core weapon (built in blaster) so you could also just increase his core weapon.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:29 am

Dual warhammers....
Mmm Warhammers.

As for my Crim, Paralyzer/Viper shield.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 am

Pure melee suicide hound dog:

Flame mace.

RAAGE SSSMAAAAAASSSSSSHH
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 am

i supose i post my unique build so far

i have my normal crim with asura arms ^^

all arms got wide beams guns ^^ (2 of these will be remplaced with shields though )

there art that are dump enough to remain still so 4x shothing feels good
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Hyoka wrote:

Flame mace.

RAAGE SSSMAAAAAASSSSSSHH

That's not suicide. Hound Dog IS a land type... which is supposed to specialize in melee.

Anyways... *Off the top of my head*

I use CrimRose (Seraph now), Crimrose B., and Lily Rein....(yes, that's not a typo.)

My Crim has a Slash Blade and Shield.... Lazflamme legs + Ace Braver BS... Destructor AM2, Wing AJs..., and I forget the other arm's equipment.... She's under level'd though... so not really properly catrideged yet, and having some capacity issues with her >_>.

My Crim B. has a Slash Blade....(forgot that which arm...) and the heartgun arm...(forgot name), Wing AJs, and my seraph's legs.... XD It has melee reduction and beam reduction cartridges... along with boost regen speed 30%+.... Need to switch out the heartgun arm for a shield + arm... the heartgun isn't very useful (IMO).

My Lily Rein has erm... two M-size art weapon arms.... so yeah. And a art only BS....(forgot name).
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:46 pm

Rein wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Flame mace.

RAAGE SSSMAAAAAASSSSSSHH

That's not suicide. Hound Dog IS a land type... which is supposed to specialize in melee.

I use CrimRose (Seraph now), Crimrose B., and Lily Rein....(yes, that's not a typo.)

My Crim has a Slash Blade and Shield.... Lazflamme legs + Ace Braver BS... Destructor AM2, Wing AJs..., and I forget the other arm's equipment.... She's under level'd though... so not really properly catrideged yet, and having some capacity issues with her >_>.

My Crim B. has a Slash Blade....(forgot that which arm...) and the heartgun arm...(forgot name), Wing AJs, and my seraph's legs.... XD It has melee reduction and beam reduction cartridges... along with boost regen speed 30%+.... Need to switch out the heartgun arm for a shield + arm... the heartgun isn't very useful (IMO).

My Lily Rein has erm... two M-size art weapon arms.... so yeah. And a art only BS....(forgot name).
Land type players tend to be suicidal...
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Flame mace.

RAAGE SSSMAAAAAASSSSSSHH

That's only range built land types. A short ranged melee land type is pretty annoying and not as suicidal. Or Jikun Long/Hu with shields.
Back to top Go down
Painter
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:40 pm

Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Flame mace.

RAAGE SSSMAAAAAASSSSSSHH

That's only range built land types. A short ranged melee land type is pretty annoying and not as suicidal. Or Jikun Long/Hu with shields.

My Jikun hu Ki Uses

Bayonette
And Slash Blade

Everything else is Default Jikun hu Ki gear so Cool Legs and Core lol

and i def dont find that im Suicidal >_> lol i tend to last a long time because i focus Art.
Back to top Go down
Atless
Newcomer
Newcomer
Atless

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:57 pm

My three main mech builds so far:

1) Aquila (L-Air)

Parts:
Hound Dog -HD
the rest Vanilla(standard) with a 2nd Aquila BS

Weapons:
Omega Blaster
Duel Rapier

Cartridges:
oh i forget right now xD

2) Crimrose standard (S-Air)

Parts:
complete standard parts

Weapons:
mini Bazooka
Wide Beam Gun(or Curve gun)

switch out sometimes for paralyzer and a shield

Cartridges:
oh i forget right now xD

3)Hound Dog (L-Land)

Parts:
Aquila -HD
1 arm switched to Red Squealer (I think, it's one that punches)
the rest Vanilla

Weapons:
a Machine Gun
the standard gun or a Bazooka

Cartridges:
oh i forget right now xD

#) I also use Lily Rain and Toybox (Artillery)

* Win I get some more money I will prolly keep 1 support mech in my operating Commando at all times. Most likely a Winberyll with I don't know what equipment yet.

These are pretty standard I know, so I will get more creative when it goes Official Release and I can spend some time on it.- right now I am still way lowbie. Smile
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 am

Anyone got tips on how to further increase a Crimrose's STR?

Bought a Crimrose N and replaced her Crim AM with a Zero Saber AM-G, bringing her up to 10 STR, but that's all I can do.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:24 am

NovaZero wrote:

Bought a Crimrose N and replaced her Crim AM with a Zero Saber AM-G, bringing her up to 10 STR, but that's all I can do.
tune ups? >>
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:31 am

I have been considering that. Sadly, I'm not the kind to take a chance on upping stats at the risk of getting an empty opaque block.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:53 am

we are in beta.
Now stop being cheap and buy some dirt cheap detectors.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:03 am

NovaZero wrote:

Yeah, that's sort-of a problem... (understatement).... switch her legs for something that has +STR.... Or equip a high damage melee..... XD
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:23 am

Foxie wrote:
we are in beta.
It's not like I get a chance to do those events, you know.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 am

NovaZero wrote:
Foxie wrote:
we are in beta.
It's not like I get a chance to do those events, you know.

Ditto. And I SOMEHOW got killed by.... "friendly fire" during the one time I actually got in and such....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what are some good mech builds?   So what are some good mech builds? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what are some good mech builds?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next