Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starting PvP - My Bots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Claxus
Claxus

Male Posts : 27

Starting PvP - My Bots Empty
PostSubject: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:20 am

It's been a very long time since I've done PvP, and that was when I only had some scrubby robots. I get the general idea of how PvP works, but I want to ask for opinions on how to make my three main mechs better for combat. I know it's dumb, but I'm pretty crazy on aesthetics, so if you think I should change some parts try and make it look decent.

Also, all of my mechs have a shotgun of some sort, which I'm completely willing to change, they were for missions.

Mecheor
Starting PvP - My Bots Mecheor
Accelerated gun or custom gun planned to use. Mecheor is my favourite, ace bot. I plan to use him as a balanced midfielder (near heavy bots) and to attack independents or tiny groups with the leg's melee.

Vavel
Starting PvP - My Bots Vavel
Vavel I made just because of how much I love Shino Exroad's legs. Plans for him are a frontliner with heavy hitting weapons, and if it's not too risky, rush in with a few leg melee attacks and back.

FlyMech
Starting PvP - My Bots Flymech
FlyMech is a pretty cool little robot. Very agile and small, he has a Wdie Beam Gun, Particle Gun, and Brickgale Blue's laser machine gun, which are all difficult to avoid (I believe.) FlyMech's role will be, like a fly, to fly around enemies and pester them, bringing them to bigger threats. I've also found this is my strongest DPS bot when all three weapons are firing. Equipped with Jetter legs just to be awesome.

So I am aware they're all kind of cannon fodder-ish. I want to make the best out of them and develop them into great mecha warriors.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 am

Mecheor: Sharhead, right? Pretty sure Sharhead gets used mainly for melee. Use two shields and parts that raise wlk and/or str. Or, one shield and a gun (accelgun, scout/raid rifle, or bazooka).

Vavel: As far as I can tell, you took all the parts off of Shino's fantastic core and put them on something with a terrible core. Sorry, I've got nothing to say about this one aside from "put the shino back together for the love of God".

Flymech: This one looks decent enough. No particularly powerful weapons, but it's not terrible by any means.
Back to top Go down
Renderless

Male Posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:47 am

If level Flymech more and obtain the cartridge that lets you shoot all main weapons while moving fro a short time(forgot the name) then it will become a nice Land killer. Mechelor is actually pretty good. Just tune for walk and strength like what Suguri said. And for Vavel, I suggest getting a nice core with more Tough since close combat bots will need it if you are planning to make him that.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 am

Alright, here's what I think:

Mecheor: Sharhead's special ability is to run in the air. FLY increases the TIME he can run, but more importantly, WLK is how fast he can do it. Take off the Wing AMJ's, and try arms that increase both WLK and FLY (don't remember the name right now). Try to keep TEC and STR about the same, since they're both useful and, well, Sharhead doesn't have a lot of it. If you got enough tune-up mats and a crazy mind, go buy a Pulse Gun and fit a Paralyzer tune on it. Yes, the Pulse gun will end up costing about 90, but if you do you can easily harrass both air and other LNDs alike. A favorite trick of mine is to air-run off a cliff when a melee robot is following you.

Oh and, about your guns, try Custom Gun + Pulse Gun or two Custom Guns. Those Laser bits need to be replaced as well. Rifle bits or Dual Machinegun if you like to get close to the enemy.

Vavel: I know you like Shino's legs, but they're definitely not the best melee weapon. The Knife is somewhat OK, but not suited for large bots like the Hound Dog. I think switching back to Hound Dog arms will give you a more reliable melee for PVP purposes. I'm no melee expert, but you might want to go for Red Squealer HD instead of Gigantinger if you have one. It doesn't look that good, but I got a polygon edit for the head so it isn't so bad.

FlyMech: Alright, Mecha Jetter's attack isn't that worth it. It looks cool, yes, but right now you want function. Switch out the LGs for one with more TEC and, hopefully, put the same tune on the new legs. Particle Gun is a lot more situational as a PvP weapon, so either switch it for a Viper Shield or a Mini Bazooka.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 am

I came in thinking hyoka was ready for pvp.
I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Admittedly, Vavel is the worst on my commando, but I'm out of RT for now (sucked the life out of surveys), and Hound Dog's core looked to have decent stats. What's so bad about it? Now sorry but, I really dislike how Exroad is an awesome looking core with some bent over chick on top. I'm not really fond of moe bots to begin with, I reskinned my Crimrose to look like a cyborg, but you can't really cover up Shino.

Again, it may sound stupid, but I dislike using the core/leg parts of the same bot, because they are the two bigger factors on a bot's apperance, and I dislike looking 'stock.' Yes I know it's crazy/stupid, but bear with me.

I put on an extra booster and Hound Dog AMs on Vavel, not sure if the difference is better or worse:
STR - 18
Tec - 3 .-.
Wlk - 19
Fly - 5 (Only fly to reach higher altitudes with him, thus the Quick Jump)
Tgh - 12

I have tried to get Red Squealer's head, but I only have the legs and 3 arms. The arms aren't very nice on stats, but is something about them worth using?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I completely agree with you on Shino, that's why I use Lancerlot as my L-size gunner of choice. However, her core has great stats, great carts, and the core itself is fairly small despite her being an L-size bot; you can make her shorter than a Crim by swapping out the LG. Hound Dog I don't know much about, aside from that people like his tonfa arms, but that he himself is a below-average bot.

Squealer arms have a high power punch attached that can hit multiple targets and even chase aerial targets, affectionately referred to as a FALCON PAWNCH. They're fantastic melee arms, great for any M or L-size land bot that wants to punch things while saving their hands for shields or guns.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Well, Vavel is a work in progress.. I might replace him for an ART type.

As for my Sharhead, I'm going for the Pulse Gun, but apparently it needs a ton of materials, so it'll be a while. I just noticed he has Short Boost, which is very good right? I'm also very fond of Boost Run, and while I know how it generally works and like it, but I'm not sure how good it is with Sharhead. Would it increase or decrease the time spent Air Running? Because already it is pretty short...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting PvP - My Bots   Starting PvP - My Bots Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting PvP - My Bots
Page 1 of 1