Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?

Go down 
+2
buldog22
Fainche
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Piemur1

Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? Empty
PostSubject: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:00 am

I have all the updated drivers, have plenty of space and memory and processor power, reinstalled the game 3 times, and the game still crashes even in safe mode. There isn't anything like an error log in the Cosmic Break directory I installed it to or in any of the subfolders. Will I have to give up on the game?
Back to top Go down
Fainche
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Fainche

Male Posts : 465

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 am

that's weird...im also using windows 7.. what does the error say?
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

Male Posts : 352

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 am

I saved CB in my D drive instead of C cuz of memory issues. But it still works fine with me.

Got windows 7 home premium (sucks as hell)

What happens at the moment it crashes?
Back to top Go down
Piemur1

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:24 pm

It doesn't really say anything, it just crashes and that it has stopped working.
Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? CosmicBreakCrash
Back to top Go down
Neko
Neko

Female Posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:37 pm

Hmm... although this suggestion is very random, try plugging in a mic. It's a common glitch for Call of Duty 4 and maybe it would fix it in this instance too...?
Back to top Go down
Piemur1

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Already have a mic plugged in, and I play CoD:MW2 smoothly enough that it shouldn't be an issue. It runs the patcher module, I click the "Start Game" button, it starts running, it goes fullscreen with a black screen, I see the game mouse cursor, then it crashes.
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Try to change your screen settings, change into a resolution of 1366 x 768. Also on desktop (dunno if you also have this but:) Right mouse button, go to "Graphic Options" > "FullScreen" and click "keep Aspect ratio, or something"
Back to top Go down
Piemur1

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Do you mean my native desktop resolution? Is there a way to change the resolution within the game? I can't even get past that developer screen thing, it just crashes. Would Steam or XFire possibly be something that would interfere with it or something? Chrome? Windows 7's Aero desktop feature? Avast Antivirus?
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

Piemur1 wrote:
Do you mean my native desktop resolution? Is there a way to change the resolution within the game? I can't even get past that developer screen thing, it just crashes. Would Steam or XFire possibly be something that would interfere with it or something? Chrome? Windows 7's Aero desktop feature? Avast Antivirus?

I run Xfire, Aero, and chrome (sometimes IE) at the same time while playing cb, I did mean ur native desktop resolution. I don't know if steam may interfere, i don't think so. Avast Antivirus could be the cause, but i don't think that the Antivirus will just let it crash and burn for no reason, without telling you.
You can change the resolution in the game, but just a lil' bit, no widescreen... I also play it in windowed mode (must change in the game itself xD sorry :3)
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:40 pm

It isn't windows 7's fault btw
Back to top Go down
Piemur1

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Meh, then I have no clue why I can't get this thing to run. It won't run long enough for me to even get into the settings to change the resolution or even windowed mode. So...whelp! Thanks everyone, but apparently this game doesn't want me to play for some reason. Everyone else who can, enjoy it for me, ne? ^_~
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Don't give up nao! ur almost there!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 8:46 am

buldog22 wrote:
Don't give up nao! ur almost there!
Back to top Go down
buldog22
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
buldog22

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 pm

try updating directX
Back to top Go down
Shikaze
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shikaze

Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:38 am

If you're using a nvidia card, disable the multi threaded optimization, there are many games which are crashing when using this option.

Last edited by Shikaze on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteValkery
WhiteValkery

Male Posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 2:44 pm

nope... it works completely fine on windows 7...

i have windows 7 professional and home premium...
both works fine with this...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?   Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Cosmic Break not compatible with Windows 7?
Page 1 of 1