Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 am

Hey there everyone. For the last few days, I've been having trouble running Cosmic Break. It won't run when I click "Start Game" even after waiting for 5+ minutes.

After trying a few times, for the last number of times, I opened the Windows Task Manager and looked at the Processes screen, and for some reason CB will only run while that window is opened.

It might sound crazy but I even tested it, opening Cosmic Break without the Task Manager running 4 times, then opened it on the 5th time - It worked; Ran it once without it open, ran it the 2nd time with it opened - It worked.

Why is it only starting up with the task manager up? Is there some way to fix it so I don't have to take the extra step just to run it?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:42 am

I don't see how that could possibly be the case, are you sure it's not completely coincidental? Or mayhaps there are something else you've triggered unrelated to WTM that are influencing it?

Last edited by reVelske on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:44 am

I have no idea, I can even record myself doing it if you want, but it'd be like 10 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am

So... after pressing Start Game on the launcher, nothing will happen unless you are monitoring the tasks on WTM? Only then will the game window actually show up? So if you leave WTM on, would it show up without any delays? And without it, it'd just not be there until you open WTM up?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 am

reVelske wrote:
So... after pressing Start Game on the launcher, nothing will happen unless you are monitoring the tasks on WTM? Only then will the game window actually show up? So if you leave WTM on, would it show up without any delays? And without it, it'd just not be there until you open WTM up?
Right, this sums it up.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:08 am

I've never been a full fledged techie but this is by far the most bizarre thing I've heard so. Have you tried opening other applications whilst CB is waiting in limbo?
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 am

What the hell? Unless you have some magic virus that doesn't work when WTM is on, it has to be a coincidence or... uhm... I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 10:36 am

TERA works, Aura Kingdom works, Grand Fantasia works... Only CB does this.
reVelske wrote:
Have you tried opening other applications whilst CB is waiting in limbo?
Nope. I'll go to get something to eat and it won't open when I come back, or I'll sit there and watch it.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:02 pm

probably Java related problem
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Few general things you can try, nothing to do with the specific problem you've brought up but worth trying nonetheless.

- Keep Internet Explorer open when you "Start Game", see if that has similar effect.
- Move your CB folder to a different directory, especially out of the Program Files.
- Make sure both the launcher and exe have been given Administrator permission.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 7:33 am

I figured out the reason, it was some program running at the same time that I wasn't aware of like reV thought it was - Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?   Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Break won't run w/o WTM?
Page 1 of 1