Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Those annoying railguns

Go down 
+7
Ruhiel
necrio
Hyoka
zappa1
Nisa
Suguri
ladidadida
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ladidadida
Newcomer
Newcomer

Those annoying railguns Empty
PostSubject: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 9:59 pm

^
how to fight against Lily EVE or Saggi? 80-120dmg to air units and a little less to other types. And even with good FLY or WLK i often cant dodge their shots. Mid or close range fights impossible, as for long range - railgun beats other long range weapons with linear shot traectory. No problems with other enemys. But railgun users destroy me very fast. I think that railgun projectile too big comparing to other "sniping" weapons. Bazooka with sniping speed and range. But this wont help me fight railgun users or survive encounter with them(i dont think CS will ever tune railgun or other sniping weapons). So, how do i shot(run from) railgun users? And running from almost best long range bots is very difficult, if you want to make some damage to enemy team.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Get in their face and beat them up. Railguns are long-range weapons, not close-range ones.

Also, EVE's "railgun" (EVE Shot isn't technically a railgun) charges by locking on, so forcing her to switch targets or lose her lock-on by ducking behind rocks and the like will cause her shot's charge to reset, preventing her from firing (or at least, from doing any noticeable damage).
Back to top Go down
ladidadida
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 pm

This strategy works with other weapons(enemy weapons), but railguns have best speed, so in close range fight its almost instant hit. If you dont panic and aim properly, you will hit with railgun (and splash projectile helps a little) despite all maneuvers. Only times when i was able to fight railgun users - i wisped them to death from very high altitude trying to stay in blind spot; and once or twice i succesfully stun-locked with melee weapon. But 80% of time good railgun user (lets not pretend that railgun users idiots and their enemy pro) can kill me. ~100 dmg with not very long cooldown kills very fast, especially with so accurate weapon.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Railgun's can actually fight rather well at close range (i should know,i tried)

Trick is to gain the pre-emptive strike (kinda hard when the railgun is a FAST sentry)

oh and railgun shots can be easily dodged,unless there are other arts spamming missles and throwing all sorts of things at you.

And about Eve,note her shield doesn't block melee damage,or items for that matter.
and Charge 3 has a HUGE projectile (the size of a froglander)
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 am

*pays attention to thread so I know what I should watch out for my maxis* Razz

Well... I dislike seeing melee things coming at me. I also dislike seeing hoppers slowly making their way towards me.
But one piece of advise I can give when you encounter a maxis is that you don't turn your back on it.
If you have to retreat retreat by walking backwards and side stepping around also, while returning fire. Though this is true for other bots as well. But just make a habit of retreating back wards while returning fire as your means of escape.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:52 am

Shields will save your maxis,and save you from maxis.

oh and hoppers and melee are easy to avoid(and counter)

since your railgun is shell based,you do about 50 dmg to them (stun 95%)
and when they are directly below you can fly up and railgun thier heads.
for the hoppers, your splash is enough to hit them. (they are hopping cake once thier shield is broken)

oh and

Mobile maxis > Tec Maxis
Back to top Go down
ladidadida
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:08 am

Quote :
oh and railgun shots can be easily dodged,unless there are other arts spamming missles and throwing all sorts of things at you.
I dont understand how railgun shots can be avoided. In long range fight - i cant shoot back or railgun have advantage. In mid-close range - if I'm not in blind spot I'm easy prey even when 1-on-1. Usually railgun users have decent WLK or FLY, so their only blind spot is right above their head(killing slow bots easy thing, but Saggi and EvE are fast bots). And this limits weapons to bombs (didnt try yet) and wisps. Trying to dance around fast bot with railgun puts me to disadvantage - if i can shoot at enemy so can he. And railguns dmg better.
Maybe 40 FLY helps? I have 30 now on my air bots. Except this (and missiles on ART) the only other way I see is stun-locking. Which can be difficult. In OBT I was able to defeat ivises with sturbanger(not bragging, just pointing that even slow ART cannot be stun-locked to death easily).
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:11 am

ladidadida wrote:
Quote :
I dont understand how railgun shots can be avoided. In long range fight - i cant shoot back or railgun have advantage. In mid-close range - if I'm not in blind spot I'm easy prey even when 1-on-1. Usually railgun users have decent WLK or FLY, so their only blind spot is right above their head(killing slow bots easy thing, but Saggi and EvE are fast bots). And this limits weapons to bombs (didnt try yet) and wisps. Trying to dance around fast bot with railgun puts me to disadvantage - if i can shoot at enemy so can he. And railguns dmg better.
Maybe 40 FLY helps? I have 30 now on my air bots. Except this (and missiles on ART) the only other way I see is stun-locking. Which can be difficult. In OBT I was able to defeat ivises with sturbanger(not bragging, just pointing that even slow ART cannot be stun-locked to death easily).

Float dash,hover,diving dashing heck even staying still helps.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 am

Saggi Maxis + Accel Roll = Lol, dodge your wisps
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:20 am

wisp are easy to dodge lol.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:55 am

how to dodge railguns as an AIR

1. see the railgun charging
2. drop your altitude
3. railgun bullet goes whooosh above you
4. win
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 am

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Back to top Go down
Ruhiel
Ruhiel

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:08 am

Im just speaking out of personal experience here, but for some reason I have no trouble at all with
dodging a railgun with an air, I either just let myself drop(unless theres enemy nearby) or I change direction
at the last second, because for some strange reason alot of people who try to railgun me aim to where I will
be instead of where I am.

But as if to counter that fact I find it extremly difficult to dodge them from the ground, unless theres cover
nearby, lol.

Oh, and is it me or EVE's projectile is bigger than it looks like?
Cause the projectile itself miss me but I still recieve damage...
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 am

Ruhiel wrote:
Im just speaking out of personal experience here, but for some reason I have no trouble at all with
dodging a railgun with an air, I either just let myself drop(unless theres enemy nearby) or I change direction
at the last second, because for some strange reason alot of people who try to railgun me aim to where I will
be instead of where I am.

But as if to counter that fact I find it extremly difficult to dodge them from the ground, unless theres cover
nearby, lol.

Oh, and is it me or EVE's projectile is bigger than it looks like?
Cause the projectile itself miss me but I still recieve damage...

eve projectile IS bigger than it looks.
those lightining thingies that come off it also hurt.

note:saggitary's weapons system auto-leads your target. ( i should know,i pilot one)

but it doesnt work if the target changes direction once fired (or slightly before)
therefore manual leading is still better(minus human error and plain laziness)
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 am

As an Eve user, I can say that the best way to kill an eve is to use a Byne, something with shields or jikuns and all must have kind of a good walk.
(or else they will float dash / accel roll away to hit you)

Byne / Shielded things - Eve damage is only at 2 digits (unless its a back shot)
Jikuns - The kick will go past the eve, even if it does not connect, the charge will reset.

Airs - they work too, but you need a near by high ledge to do it, or else once you land, you are dead when you land.
Arts - don't try to kill her unless she has very little health or you will hit the shield and take level 3 charged shots to the face. (Most Eves have blast carts btw)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:33 am

Nisa wrote:

note:saggitary's weapons system auto-leads your target. ( i should know,i pilot one)

but it doesnt work if the target changes direction once fired (or slightly before)
therefore manual leading is still better(minus human error and plain laziness)

But apparently Linear Cannon doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:04 am

Divinity wrote:
As an Eve user, I can say that the best way to kill an eve is to use a Byne, something with shields or jikuns and all must have kind of a good walk.

Byne / Shielded things - Eve damage is only at 2 digits (unless its a back shot)
Jikuns - The kick will go past the eve, even if it does not connect, the charge will reset.

Airs - they work too, but you need a near by high ledge to do it, or else once you land, you are dead when you land.
Arts - don't try to kill her unless she has very little health or you will hit the shield and take level 3 charged shots to the face. (Most Eves have blast carts btw)
Eve destroy's byne plates like a lawnmower

A byne without armor is pretty much useless >_>

@ Hyoka
Linear cannon Sucks.
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 am

Nisa wrote:
@ Hyoka
Linear cannon Sucks.

line cannon is really your true skill base weapon. If you play lots of FPS then this will feel right at home, at least for me anyways. you have to do all the "leading" on your own, which I some times do prefer over saggie's gun.
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 am

Nisa wrote:
Divinity wrote:

Eve destroy's byne plates like a lawnmower

A byne without armor is pretty much useless >_>

True, unless its one vs 1 and that byne has 30+ wlk and that byne player has twin slayers up. And he charges for you.
In this scenario, you're pretty much dead if you get cornered or stunned when you have no more boost left for float dash or accel roll.

Personally, I don't get hit by lands often when I use Eve unless I get ganked. Accel roll + float dash + 30 fly = super dodge. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:53 am

and if you think sagitary's are annoying,wait till you meet xzxzxz's Air raider commando (or mine)
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 am

Nisa wrote:
and if you think sagitary's are annoying,wait till you meet xzxzxz's Air raider commando (or mine)

He also has an Eve commando, but never uses it D:

At least not when I see him online.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:35 am

Speaking of xz, I saw him in a few games before.

I had to hide the whole match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those annoying railguns   Those annoying railguns Empty

Back to top Go down

Those annoying railguns
Page 1 of 1