Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*

Go down 
+14
Raven
Tryrant
Eijyaw
Hagane
Suguri
Z741
Myzr
Hyoka
RoboFranky
Nisa
reVelske
necrio
Shaftronics
reiya
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:29 pm

video is up. pardon the music choices and the noob gameplay. i -always- get lost in this map >.>

Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Not especially good at melee but here goes...

While the Metal Slayer is a sick weapon and all, it *is* quite a bit slow and costs a bit, especially in the arena. x: Also, just curious... why a buckler instead of a Viper Shield?

Now for tactics.

Deep Forest is just a hive full of pain if you don't know your way around, indeed. You did spend quite a while running around and getting ganked by enemy AIRs. Ideal strategy here would be to play assassin and sneak up on unsuspecting prey for melee, and aerial harassment with AIRs. [ARTs, still area denial. XD] Either run up to enemies already being harassed by your teammates, as their location is already known to you and you have the element of surprise, or sneak around inconspicuously and stab near-death targets.

You did the former of the two at 2:30 in, and that's great. Teamwork like that is quite usually a plus, though avoid directly rushing of all enemies, a Winberrl. Getting bound from far away is a VERY bad situation for you to be in, so at least get bound up close where you can dish out melee.

Your AIR play is much better and much more fitting with the map terrain. Not much I have to say that you probably don't know already. Smile

Also, would that music be...

If so I applaud your choice in music. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 pm

No, no, no! No metal slayer!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, your air gameplay looked solid from that. I say 'unfortunate' because that would've been the area I could've given the best advice on. :c I do recommend switching your Air Raider's Wonder Bit, though. Use Dual Beam or Dual Laser for harassing lands, save Dual Blaster for DPSing during boss fights. Sword and Slayer bits are fantastic anti-art measures, have good homing and surprisingly good range, and tend to stun. And propeller bits are like having seraph wings, can't go wrong with that.

Land I mostly suck at, melee especially. I'm guessing that's a Katana Max, which is about as far outside my playing knowledge as you can get. However, there are a few tips I can still give. The biggest problem I see is equipment choice. Metal Slayers may be powerful and break parts easily, but they're slow and difficult to hit with. On top of that, when using a buckler it's the only weapon you have; not good. You either need a faster and more reliable melee weapon (Sonic Blade, Slash Blade, Kamui Staff, Damascus Knife, Photon Blade), a part with melee in it (highly recommend x2 Ace Braver AM for this), or a gun in your other hand to set up a slash with, since guns cancel instantly into melee. If you want to keep the shield, switch to a Viper Shield; you can get away with bucklers on S-size bots, but Katana Max is too big.

For weapon setups, I'd recommend one of the following:

Kamui Staff + Viper Shield: Has great melee range without sacrificing defense. You should have no problems landing hits.
(Scouter Rifle/Accelgun) + (Grenade/Bazooka/Viper Shield) + Ace Braver AM x2: Permits you shell damage, explosive damage (anti-air) or shielding, and two fast-comboing melee "weapons" that can stunlock with ease.

Not sure what you're doing with carts or stats, but with melee I highly recommend Boost Run so you can easily get in range, Sword Guard so you have the upper hand in melee duels, and Blast Guard so arts can't stunlock you with their missile barrages once you get close. Use a dual melee bit, dual spike bit, or axesword bit for your wonderbit.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:02 pm

@z741: yep, that's my music choice for the first music. i've been a fan of TAMusic since years ago (bought his albums since they are exclusive to japan only when i was there =.=) thanks. i'll try to work on my melee more.

@suguri: thanks for the bit advice, been trying to find the perfect bit. i find myself going up really really close to enemies when using sword and slayer bits. I'll try using the dual beam or laser bits.

as for equipment choice: i jus ran blast guard, sword guard and 2x capa. Can't equip kamui cos of capa >.> hence i'm using metal slayer. Will change once i get enough capa (and make a new video while i'm at it.)

as for bot parts.

it's using:

shine battler BD
Zero saber custom HD
Lazflamme LG
2 x Jikun BS
2x Katana Max AM

with a grand total of 26 str, 17 wlk and 16 tgh.
it's a small bot btw.

i'll post up a new video once i get kamui.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 pm

reiya wrote:
i find myself going up really really close to enemies when using sword and slayer bits. I'll try using the dual beam or laser bits.
You don't need to get very close at all, which is something I hadn't realized for a long time. After watching koi's vids, I noticed the range on slayer bits was a LOT longer than I thought it was, and that it'd cover a wider range than just what you were locked on to. Watch some of this, pay attention to when he uses his bit:

reiya wrote:

shine battler BD
...oh. That changes a lot. Shine Battlers have bad cart selection as far as lands go, I'm pretty sure they actually just have the same carts Shine Busters get, making them equipped more like supports. The only movement cart they have is Sway, so I guess Boost Run is a no-go. The core has nice melee stats and a lot of free capacity otherwise, but despite owning seven of the goddamn whores li'l guys, I never really used them, so I'm not sure what to tell you as far as cart builds go. I told one of my clanmates to tune to 40 str and 20~30 wlk, and to use a Slash Blade and...something else, forgot what, and he got first last epoch with it, so I guess I can't say it's terrible. I certainly can't say much about how you should play it though.

EDIT: Trying a Shine Battler BD out with custom parts for 27 str and 18 wlk atm, you're definitely fine with that core.
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:02 pm

what gun were you using with your air raider and how do you get it???
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:09 pm

garula AMs.

the subsitute can be found as raid rifles.

garapon.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 pm

reiya wrote:
garula AMs.

the subsitute can be found as raid rifles.

garapon.
You can't consider raid rifles a "substitute" though, since raid rifles are land/art only (and come from the same gara).

Closest thing you could get to that for an air outside of gara would be a Flint Musket, which is still RT...and still not even remotely close to being the same thing.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 11:16 pm

welllll,

i know.. but it's the best no? raid rifles tt is.
Back to top Go down
Eijyaw
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eijyaw

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 am

If you're going in as a AIR, I got no advice there considering that your gameplay was decent and that I suck at AIR types.

BUT for melee, I'd go with what Suguri said. Melee weapons Auto-lock so aiming isn't the problem. Problem is landing the hit. Slayer's speed is.....Sluggish, if I need say it in a nice way.

I'd suggest some Ace Braver AMs for starters. I'm sure you have loads of them. Great chase down for LND and AIR.

Also, if you ARE going melee, almost NEVER charge in head on. Ninja your way and hit your opponent while they don't know you're near. Stay with the team if the map is.....Plain and straight-forward unless you KNOW(Do not THINK, KNOW) you can get out if you are in a bad situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

If you're on your last speck of health, make sure you don't get accidently hit by your team mates.
FRIENDLY FIRE CAN KILL!!! I'm serious, I've tried it before.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 am

Cori wrote:
necrio wrote:
Cori wrote:

1. Tile Float
2. Helingal
3. ???
4. Profit!
1. Tile Float
2. Helingal
3. Enemy sturbanger spam
4. ???
5. not profit

seriously that one map is too infested with missile spamming ARTs and EVEs for AIRs to work decently, unless your team is zerging AIRs.

I forgot to add "ninja under the tiles" in there.

Use a maxis.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:48 am

@LXE: LOL. happened to me before.

@nisa: LOL.

will upload when i'm done dling and maint is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:27 am

Cori wrote:

I'm a Ninja under the tiles. I do that a lot. IT WORKS!!!
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 am

LXE wrote:
Cori wrote:

izuna spam under the tiles works very nicely XD
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 am

LXE wrote:
Cori wrote:

Great for perverts too!
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 am

@Op

For melee, nearly all, you want boost run to attack enemies quickly and if you can run out before any major trouble happens. Weapon choice is definitely key as well and if you want to use a metal slayer, generally you want it to be close to the last attack you do; aka if you do an attack with a different weapon (my experience is with a mighty byne and metal slayer) is attack with other melee's first and then have it chain to metal slayer slash for a heavy hit. Shields are also major help in melees as well, since hey pesky airs gonna bug ya might as well have a shield to block some of their guns. Another thing that would be smart to do sometimes is if you are going against a team that just masses the heck out of large bulky slow arts that camp the ps, sneak around them and attack they will be hitting their team members before they hit you and it can result in easy points and kills instantly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 am

Tryrant wrote:
@Op
Another thing that would be smart to do sometimes is if you are going against a team that just masses the heck out of large bulky slow arts that camp the ps, sneak around them and attack they will be hitting their team members before they hit you and it can result in easy points and kills instantly.

Don't forget to bring your Hippos, Fire Pillars, and Hurricane Blows.

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 am

@tryant: thanks. still in progress of recording the new video. been busy with personal life stuff

@raven: TOTALLY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 am

1. Get four hipporoids
  2. Go to unguarded and vulnerable PS
  3. Summon All ur Hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!
  6. All ur base r belong 2 us!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 am

LXE wrote:
  1. Get four hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!

Nonono
you do that in epoch's not normal matches.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am

Nisa wrote:
LXE wrote:
  1. Get four hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!

Nonono
you do that in epoch's not normal matches.
there is a match where that strategy is viable with an AIR bot

winter base in shuffles

bring a dual-blaster AIR, sneak to enemy base, spam hippo, fire dual blaster
often it results in free points

I got top 5 by doing that, with no one noticing
a very good map for free points.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

Etto.... where should I really start this... >_>...

CHAPTER 1.

First off, since you say that you tend to get lost in that map... I'm not sure if it is really intentional that you move around with your melee like that. *aka chasing random enemies and slash them*

So, the first tip I can give is... learn to use the map and plan where to hit the enemy and avoid if necessary *since you're used to use Ouka for so long, I think it might get you used to just rush and combo an enemy to death* - aka where to escape, when to escape, and when should you avoid the enemy.

Where to escape should be obvious, since you would go for a cave and try to outrun your opposition. When to escape, starts off by looking at the minimap when you're raping someone, if there are many enemies around you, ESPECIALLY AIR, avoid, and turn tail. You're better off leaving than costing your life in that kind of battle. - Adding to that, if you're in a wide place, try not to stray too far from your teammates.

When you should avoid an enemy is a lil tricky, you need to check the map often, and see the number of enemy over there. - Try not to fight in an open space, since AIR tends to lurks there and will follow you til you die (For melee), For AIR, if there are a lot of enemy AIR in the center, don't go kamikaze and try to be hero, stay at the edge of the area and try picking them off from sides.

Oh, and during your retreat. Face the enemy, not where you're walking, try to memorize how the walkway will look like. When you face the enemy, at least you can predict how to dodge their bullets.

Adding to that, you need to be able to predict how they will move. *FOR SOME REASON, alot of people tend to go in linear type of reaction - Ohhhhh, lets chase and kill them till we die* So, you can pretty much guess that they won't expect you to come about from behind and strike you again *the chaser becomes the chased*

-------------------------------------------------WALL OF TEXT FTW---------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 am

CHAPTER 2 - MELEE

This is the hard part for me, since I'm not really faring too well with LND bots and adding to that I tend to opt for something from Rt.

The main Argument is usually, Combo Vs. Damage.

Combo - The more combo you can do, basically means that the more chances you get to stagger someone and prevents them from moving from the spot.

Adv - You can annoy the hell out of your enemy and adding to that you can pretty much cycle between different style of attacks and adjust to your current situation.

Disadv - You tend to give out much more lower damage, and adding to that, if the damage is too low, units with high TGH have higher chances to escape. And, finding the right combo that can fit your style is something that is being debated for quite some time as well. >_> like what to use and how to use it. Core weapon like Zero Step, or Jikun Tackle can make a different kind of gameplay.

Damage - The more Damage you deal, well basically, the more fun you have at seeing yourself murdering your enemy.

Adv - Easy to stagger someone and easy to kill.

Disadv - You tend to end up a combo in a very short time (in 1 hit, since high force melee tends to have very low amount of combo - and slow).

By, adjusting to these 2 things, you can pretty much imagine how you will play in matches. Style of combo also affects on how well you do (like Squeler AM that chases people). As such for weapon, I can't really give a proper suggestion though the easier method is to just use a Haku Sword.

Playstyle of Melee -

You have 2 type as well basically, The Rusher, or the Rat (just giving it the name for the sake of fun).

The Rusher, tends to go to the front with fully buffed body of the such like Byne with shields, they can basically take a load of damage and usually would be able to reach the frontline and mobbed others. This usually would be in the L category, with the exception of Jikun *Lag ftw*.

The Rat, basically, are those which have a good DPS setup, but are more physically prone to get killed due to lower amount of defenses. This kind would have a much more trickier play style. Since, they're not opted for frontline, but more towards sneak attacks. For this, you need to usually get something like Short Boost if you have any.

PS: WIll continue later. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next