Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boost run speed cap?

Go down 
+3
Jello
xzpwnz
Suguri
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Boost run speed cap? Empty
PostSubject: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Is there a max speed with boost run that limits how fast you can go, regardless of stats? Gonna make a speedster build, and I want to make sure that its 40 wlk/40 fly won't have wasted stats in it.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Nope
You should make it a land type though since they have a walk bonus
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:24 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Nope
You should make it a land type though since they have a walk bonus
Actually I'm making it an air type for the x2.5-sized boost gauge bonus.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:27 pm

People say that boost run doubles your wlk so 20wlk would be enough.

I clearly remember having a 40wlk Ouka which I re-cart-ed to put boost run on it for the sake of testing. Pit it against an Ouka with 40wlk and I clearly remember being faster than her. Though it was wasn't miles faster but just a tad bit faster...

Just go with 20wlk with boost run and 40wlk without it, since that's the general consensus..

Suguri wrote:

That's a bad idea (well not stupid bad). I remember a few friends who went with a hopping/boost running Shaden and yes you can boost run for long period of times but you are at the mercy of every art and lnd that use explosives.

Also wlk on any other bot besides LNDs is not always the best idea. If you're going with increasing wlk, you better do it on a LND type. LND types have the highest speed multiplier out of all the classes.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Jello wrote:

That's a bad idea (well not stupid bad). I remember a few friends who went with a hopping/boost running Shaden and yes you can boost run for long period of times but you are at the mercy of every art and lnd that use explosives.

Also wlk on any other bot besides LNDs is not always the best idea. If you're going with increasing wlk, you better do it on a LND type. LND types have the highest speed multiplier out of all the classes.
I know it's different, I just want to try it out on a seraph for the hell of it. Seraph's much smaller than Shaden, and I can still play her like a regular air with x3 seraph wings. I'll have float dash too to make her a tougher target.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Seraph doesn't have boost run.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:09 pm

Jello wrote:

Someone told me she did, but apparently you're right.

Well damn, so much for that.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Suguri wrote:
Jello wrote:

thats what you get for beliving in people from brd
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Vallyel wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Jello wrote:

thats what you get for beliving in people from brd
Yeah, lesson learned.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Off the top of my head I recall Victor was one of the few AIRs with Boost Run... I forget the other ones, though. x:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Z741 wrote:
Off the top of my head I recall Victor was one of the few AIRs with Boost Run... I forget the other ones, though. x:
Shaden and Thoarla are the only two I know of.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:48 am

Jello wrote:
People say that boost run doubles your wlk so 20wlk would be enough.

I clearly remember having a 40wlk Ouka which I re-cart-ed to put boost run on it for the sake of testing. Pit it against an Ouka with 40wlk and I clearly remember being faster than her. Though it was wasn't miles faster but just a tad bit faster...

Just go with 20wlk with boost run and 40wlk without it, since that's the general consensus..

Suguri wrote:

The x2.5 is what makes a 40walk with boost run faster than a 20 walk with boost run. Nooo idea why.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:50 am

speed cap must be (light speed -1) but who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boost run speed cap?   Boost run speed cap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Boost run speed cap?
Page 1 of 1