Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catching Up to Speed

Go down 
+3
mikuri
Relict?
IncuSlave
7 posters
AuthorMessage
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

Catching Up to Speed Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Now that I've been gone for almost two months, someone wanna catch me up to speed on relevant matters in the cosmic ark? New bots, mechanics, meta, etc?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Let's see...

There was Sacrifice Gara from 9/13 to 9/20. Lots of Ivis X and Fia running around as a result.

---

9/20 to 10/5 was Warp Gara. Fair amount of Ragna, Machinlet, and Lux Legion around. Ragna has a short-lasting Charge Delay debuff. Machinlet winds up, sucking you in towards him even if you're an AIR hovering above him, and delivers a Falcon Punch. Lux Legion is a Lux with a Plasma Beam Cannon and a ramming tackle that becomes a two-hit combo and gives no fucks where you are because of tracking.

---

Feng-Mei got buffed along with a variant being released in Halloween Garapon. The Wind Shield lasts longer and grants Crimson Veil. Wind Shield now has a separate cooldown timer. Wind Blow also now restores allies' boost and has a separate cooldwon timer. Band-wagoners have stopped using her, though. No one gave School Crimrose enough love.

---

They buffed Sway to be faster and to have less of a cooldown.

---

Eihwarz Garapon had two new Zeroes, Eve and Jace.

Eve can become an AIR or a LND. Air gets a single-shot AOE which debuffs opponents with Powerless, which makes all subs travel very slowly. Basically shits on LNDs. Said attack takes a few seconds to charge and has significant cooldown. Also comes with another main that fires a few rounds before there's a second of cooldown or so. She can use her sub to give herself CV and restore her boost at the cost of 30 HP? Not sure of the exact amount. Also gets Glide Boost, which is like a mid-air Float Dash.
LND Eve brings nothing new to the table besides giving herself CV (she gets that, too, lolol) and having a main that also gives enemies the debuff known as Powerless.

Jace can go melee or gunner. THANKFULLY ALMOST EVERY IDIOT IS GOING MELEE.
Melee has insane travel time and gives enemies the Shock debuff. Gunner shoots different bullets, from Shock bullets, Barrier bullets, Freezing bullets (think Shock Bazooka, Rouche, and Rone if you don't know of said debuffs?).

Some Ilgryps, another AXIS bot. Has a gimmick where he enters Siege Mode and stays in the air, immobile. Applies anti-homing while doing so. Not many use it properly, though.

---

Garapon Unit 02 has buffed Ouka, buffed Elisa, and new Illumis. Some people with Sol Volca wings, now, too, because of this garapon.

---

ALE Crimrose is obtainable in Arena. Rates are shit. Bot is gimmicky. LGs good.

---

Garapon Unit 01 has ALE Winberyl (better vines, self-buff where she gains Super Armor and heals herself when enemies entangled), ALE Jikun Long (self-buff where she grants herself Clearance and Haste), ALE Lily Rain (self-buff where she gains Long Moving Burst).

I didn't really cover Weeklies and all, but yeah. That's all I can think of.

Last edited by Relict? on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:38 pm

I was away for a while too, just learned why there's so many Ivis X and that high-ranked annoys me with Feng-Mei's.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Relict? wrote:
Let's see...

---

Eihwarz Garapon had two new Zeroes, Eve and Jace.

Eve can become an AIR or a LND. Air gets a single-shot AOE which debuffs opponents with Powerless, which makes all subs travel very slowly. Basically shits on LNDs. Said attack takes a few seconds to charge and has significant cooldown. Also comes with another main that fires a few rounds before there's a second of cooldown or so. She can use her sub to give herself CV and restore her boost at the cost of 30 HP? Not sure of the exact amount. Also gets Glide Boost, which is like a mid-air Float Dash.
LND Eve brings nothing new to the table besides giving herself CV (she gets that, too, lolol) and having a main that also gives enemies the debuff known as Powerless.

Jace can go melee or gunner. THANKFULLY ALMOST EVERY IDIOT IS GOING MELEE.
Melee has insane travel time and gives enemies the Shock debuff. Gunner shoots different bullets, from Shock bullets, Barrier bullets, Freezing bullets (think Shock Bazooka, Rouche, and Rone if you don't know of said debuffs?).

Few corrections/additions: LND Eve doesn't get CV. Using her sub refills her boost (same as air), give her Overdrive (improves/changes melee combo), and gives her infinite boost run for the duration of the buff.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh, thanks, Trill.

As for meta, reV describes it best:

Quote :
CBEN has the tendency to turn off their brains when they are playing. Most melee players have no idea how to contribute aside from running facefirst into a crowd and right click harder. The rest cannot act pro-actively in any way whatsoever, they tend to group up/cuddle with all the other baddies and hide/fall back the moment they are under any pressure. They have no idea how to exert pressure, they have no idea how to maintain pressure, they have no idea how to actually make use of a good support wall nor do they have any idea how make good contribution to the team as an individual aside from firing in the general direction of the enemy and hope something hits.

I enjoy playing offensive Sigma Clock, Melfi, Rone and my alt's Pulsie Gamma, issue is that the general players are usually too thick to know how to capitalize on the support you are providing them. If you get just about 2-3 actual competent players, they can do wonders with a little Rone/Regina support and put the opposing team's front line under immense pressure, whilst baddies tend to just sit on their asses with that buff and wait for shit to come to them. Another thing with playing things like Sigma Clock/Pulsie is that you actually NEED some kind of frontline pressure to really be able to do anything, you yourself can't tank, you need people to be taking that aggro off you for you to be able to do your job properly. Issue is, CBEN doesn't have much of those kind of players left, the "high scoring" players are usually fagets with OP crap running around farming lowbies, "front-line" often consist of derpy melee rushers whilst arts tend to hide behind YOU as a support rather than make any pro-active effort to exert pressure and provide meaningful cover fire.

CBEN Art Players: lack any initiative, hide behind everything, wait for shit to come to them, can't deal with pressure, fall the fuck back to spawn the second they're under any pressure, can't hit seraphs to save their miserable lives nor can they hit any smart air players.

CBEN Air Players: FLY UP, SHIT NOVA/ALPHA WITH FAGJACK, FLY AWAY, REPEAT.

CBEN Lnd Players: HUUURRR DUUUUURRRRRRRRR RIIIIIIIIGHT CLIIIIIIICK HAAAAAAAAARDER

CBEN Sup Players: ** Repairing! ** in spawn/backmost PS whilst the whole team is trying to maintain pressure on the enemies, resulting in all the baddies falling all the way back for heal and the pressure completely dissipating.

There's no amount of support that will save this sorry fucking bunch.

/rant
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:37 am

Meta related is pretty much what relict posted about what Revelske said.

Airs can't shoot you at all now, so you can baz/shoot at them all you want now. The only thing you have to shoot at is, Fapjack, if you see one, stun it and unload everything onto it. It's worth killing one fapjack cuz that can save your team alot of headaches.

ART players are mainly of mialy everywhere. Seriously I can't enter one match here without hurrduurr wondercunt bits chasing me everytime.

All land players now are melees, so good luck if any of your bots wlk on the ground.

Sup players are still nonexistent as always or they just don't know how to support.

Also speaking english is no this server's language anymore. Hola.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks everyone. That helps. And I see reV is as sarcastic as ever.

Did they ever nerf Flapjack again? The first one (along with Resha and Co.) didn't do jack shit.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Of course not. CS doesn't do nerfs.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that.

EDIT: Good god, Suguri; your new ava is seeeexy.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
Good god, Suguri; your new ava is seeeexy.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
I see reV is as sarcastic as ever.
That's not sarcasm. It seriously isn't.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Everything Rev says is sarcasm, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Trufax.

*Looks at Relict's info*

Holy shit, Relict, you're outta SD? We should hook up some time.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:53 am

We should! ATM, though, I live in LA due to school. But my heart still belongs in San Diego!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up to Speed   Catching Up to Speed Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching Up to Speed
Page 1 of 1