Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.

Go down 
+16
boytitan2
knyx
shinigami
Raven
chengsta
Suguri
Kitouski
LordShade
BB
Nisa
xzpwnz
Gigaknight
cheongzewei
FreedomFighter
necrio
azz33
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:14 am

boytitan2 wrote:
well when I want good tune up parts like slot protector and all that in a packege I on purposely do 1x higher chance of tread meal

EVE gara is your choice,then u should pray for carcrash and leave the superflies for us.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 am

shinigami wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
well when I want good tune up parts like slot protector and all that in a packege I on purposely do 1x higher chance of tread meal

EVE gara is your choice,then u should pray for carcrash and leave the superflies for us.

lol thats exactly were I went one

sidenote
on my one five x jikun long is in a gold ball wtf how da hell is a mech u get just for playing the game in the garapon thats a epic slap in the face -__-
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:44 am

Okay I just rolled two single rolls on EVE gara and both are superflies.

And I got 2 silver

The cheerleader bot and ZSC

WTF I want an air bot....
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:49 am

It's funny, out of all the money I've spent on garapon (50~70 dollars) I've always gotten Superfly except for a single car crash which was when I made a single roll. In fact, only two of my rolls have been x5... usually only after one or two things and my luck has been good enough for me to get everything I'm aiming for within 3~5 rolls anyways... so far at least.

PROUD TO SAY I HAVE YET TO EVER GET A BLUE BALL!! *shakes fist* They'll all hit me at once, I just know it. My luck can't drag on forever. ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 4:03 pm

You guys are totally using a totally useless theory to prove otherwise that you were not garatrolled, when the simple fact presents itself.

5x rolls lets you save RT at the expense of DIVIDING YOUR PERCENTAGE OF GETTING GOOD BALLS BY 5. Point being, if your default percentage of getting an EVE from EVE gara is 25%, that percentage gets divided by 5, which means you have 5% chance of getting an EVE if you do a 5x roll.

Meanwhile, 1x rolls are uncompromised, though you wouldn't be able to save any RT in the process.

As for UC gara, there's an underlying factor on that. Since the number of blue ball prizes are like, A FUCKTON, the default percentage of getting anything of worth is like, reduced to 5% for 1x rolls.

Divide that by 5 for 5x and then rage.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

Male Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:14 pm

wut happens if yu go 5x rolls and the animation appears, and lets say its a carcrash and you're like oh F**** and
press alt+F4?

Will you lose the Rt? Will you get any prizes?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:16 pm

You lose the RT
You get the prize but don't know what you get
Back to top Go down
monkeytheifx
monkeytheifx

Male Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Shance wrote:
You guys are totally using a totally useless theory to prove otherwise that you were not garatrolled, when the simple fact presents itself.

5x rolls lets you save RT at the expense of DIVIDING YOUR PERCENTAGE OF GETTING GOOD BALLS BY 5. Point being, if your default percentage of getting an EVE from EVE gara is 25%, that percentage gets divided by 5, which means you have 5% chance of getting an EVE if you do a 5x roll.

Meanwhile, 1x rolls are uncompromised, though you wouldn't be able to save any RT in the process.

As for UC gara, there's an underlying factor on that. Since the number of blue ball prizes are like, A FUCKTON, the default percentage of getting anything of worth is like, reduced to 5% for 1x rolls.

Have you proven that?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Frankly all this seems like the human mind making a pattern out of something that may as well not be there at all.

At the simplest, garapon could work in the following; the machine decides the rarity of the balls you receive, and then randomly determines the content of them. This method is supported by doing rolls on the UC gara. With its large amount of blue balls, its hard to see anything other than tuning materials. If you assume that everything in the garapon has an equal chance of being picked, then using that method you have a 5% chance of getting eve in eve garapon (chance of a gold (7/20) times the chance its eve (1/7). That's the simplest case, it could be lower/higher due to weighting (having different rarities have higher/lower probabilities inherently).

Getting dc'ed durring gara proves that what you get is determined when you actually start the roll, not when the balls are opened.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I'm willing to bet money that you have an equal chance of rolling each ball with the exception of the loading screen limiter. The limiter's been proven, and the results match up if you set up a random number generator to do the same thing.

Speaking of, I did the latter and decided today to have it roll 25 Fraus with x1 rolls, counting the RT spent each time, then had it do the same thing with x5 rolls. x1 averaged 1689 RT, x5 averaged 1834 (I remember someone saying EVE averaged $400 in CBJP, EVE gara has more bots than gara 1, so it's most likely accurate). Too lazy to do actual math (that, and my calc teacher sucked at teaching probability) to determine which is truly better, but the results suggest x1 slightly saves RT in the long run if rolling for gold bots. I'd say if spending a small amount to go for x1 rolls; if you only have 120 RT, you've only got one shot at a superfly loading screen, whereas with x1 rolls you have four.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 am

monkeytheifx wrote:
Shance wrote:

Have you proven that?

I get gold balls on car crashes.

Problem?
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 7:18 am

Shance wrote:
monkeytheifx wrote:
Shance wrote:

Have you proven that?

I get gold balls on car crashes.

Problem?
I think he meant evidence beyond your word of mouth, considering all your statement did was make me trust you less.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 am

Dude, roll it, get a car crash, and if even once you get a gold ball, what I said is true, and all this mumbo-jumbo talk about loading stuff, percentages and whatnot will be dumped out of the window save for what I have stated so far.

Do it. I dare you.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 9:01 am

Shance wrote:
Dude, roll it, get a car crash, and if even once you get a gold ball, what I said is true, and all this mumbo-jumbo talk about loading stuff, percentages and whatnot will be dumped out of the window save for what I have stated so far.

Do it. I dare you.
Got a gold ball on my 1st rolls set of 5 and got derpwalk animation

gold
gold
gold
gold
derp tuneups
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 am

^ you

@)$&@#(%^@$ above me with great luck.

seriously >_>

even Dr4gon.

Frau on first x5 roll
EVE on first x5 roll

then the 3 "new" rare releases on his

first x5 roll

CURSE YOUR LUCK MAN T_T GIMME SOME. Even when i get gold in UC garapon its.

cactus head cactus head cactus head cactus head cactus head

cactus head cactus head cactus head cactus head cactus head

OMG SNOW VULTURE BS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

can i have the ro lucky cube nao? if this was for the 1 rt it would seriously sux.

My luck is horrible compared to a lot of you Sad.

Im suspecting Birth using CRANE ARM on me >_>.

all my UCmedals T_T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.   In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In theory, 1 roll > 5 rolls?.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2