Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melee Hopper: Plausible?

Go down 
+3
-ACHTUNG-
Nisa
chalkzone908
7 posters
AuthorMessage
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Male Posts : 54

Melee Hopper: Plausible? Empty
PostSubject: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 am

Since this game is full of innovation, I wanted do to something crazy... Like the title says, melee hopper...

Only problem is, isn't it hard to aim a melee attack while hopping?

And no, I'm not doing that low cost thing. Just wanna try something different on melee.

I have have two ideas now. The 1st is Squealer AM, since it's kind of auto-target. The other is Axe.

Any suggestions?

And just for precaution:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 am

It has been done by me already Very Happy
but instead of hopping side to side ( you will never hit em this way)
you hop TOWARDs the enemy,heck some of em can't hit you once you take off >_> (Do it with byne for extra fun Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 am

Sadly, No RT for Chalkie...

But doesn't it make aiming hard for you too?(The only time I tried hopping is on Single Player Mission.)

which is better for this, S, M or L size?
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:50 am

Yes Hopping Byne (GRRRRRRR) I find it easy to hit Hoppers but if the hopper was something BIG, BAD, BRUTISH and a BYNE then no ammount of carefull Aim will keep it from Hopping ( thundering) towards me and scaring me to pieces while doing so...

and yes squeeler arms are good stuff for hopping melee (I use it on my hopping shino before I junked it)
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:19 am

Hopping M-size Katana Max with a War Hammer is hilarious.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am

Hyoka wrote:
Hopping M-size Katana Max with a War Hammer is hilarious.

I might try that. Sounds Fun.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 am

I was looking to try something new, so the other day I put short boost on my Domiclown.

It's pretty decent, good for nailing ARTs I think, especially with the insane range on his Clown Arm. I'm good at paying attention to most details (such as INT on common bots), so on a Destructor CN for example, I might hop to dodge the 3 Bazooka shots from his core before he has to wait, then jump forward and nail him for some good hits.

I was thinking rolling Garapon for a Domiclown Jo to get the other AM, so I could try hopping with Trump Card, but it's just a theory.

I have reset cartridges if it doesn't work out for me, but it never hurts to try some variety and innovation.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 am

Its been done since forever...What have some of you guys really been doing since the OBT days?

Shortboost isn't just so you can avoid things, it's also another way to get over terrain that's in your way cleanly and easily without having to waste time stoping, slowing down, etc. Closing a short distance in a convenient/simple/fast way to an enemy is also what it's good for. Also starting a melee strike over someone's head is what it's good for too. Since people instinctively always boost up when they try to avoid melee so a melee from the top will more likely hit them and send them back to the ground.

There's also the fact that it's like a pseudo-stovl for LND/ARTs.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 am

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
Yes Hopping Byne (GRRRRRRR) I find it easy to hit Hoppers but if the hopper was something BIG, BAD, BRUTISH and a BYNE then no ammount of carefull Aim will keep it from Hopping ( thundering) towards me and scaring me to pieces while doing so...

and yes squeeler arms are good stuff for hopping melee (I use it on my hopping shino before I junked it)

FEAR MY BYNE MUAHHEHAHERHAHHEH!

that aside, using a M sized with red squealer arms would do the trick,also a cheap(est) non RT M sized unit would be Fizalian for its tiny exterior its a frigging M sized.So you can put hammers on it and stuff Razz

or a flying unit with a halberd/any other weapon that atks in a similar way
1.boost
2.right click
3.???
4.Profit.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 am

O.o a hopping Melee AIR type? Seriously?!!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:45 am

chalkzone908 wrote:
O.o a hopping Melee AIR type? Seriously?!!

You should have seen some of those boost run shadens, they were lol.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

one more thing. Besides Faglanders, what bots can get shortboost and quickland by level 1?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 am

Boost run can be gotten at level 1 for Accel Rider.
thats all i know

/offtopic
zomg you are dying!
i suspect someone is trolling us all
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Is short boost speed/distance affected by either WLK or FLY? coz if not, I'm planning to make a high STR/TGH M size bot.

lol my forum hp gauge. Well that's for trolling zman7 too much xD I guess
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Amanda Byne is a sissy robot that can easily be disposed of.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Diabolical wrote:

Melee Hopper: Plausible? 17322329
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Quote :

IF that is true then the Byne you went against is a complete retard or something.

Well ima go and try this shot boost on Byne and see how it works (never thought melee with short boost usually boost run, but ya) could be really good actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melee Hopper: Plausible?   Melee Hopper: Plausible? Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee Hopper: Plausible?
Page 1 of 1