Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?

Go down 
+8
btrex2100
Nisa
haures
Intet
-ACHTUNG-
Hyoka
FrozenEdge
inzane14
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
inzane14
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
inzane14

Male Posts : 198

Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:06 am

So far my Saggi has been consistently landing me top 10 in arenas with 40 TEC, 15 WLK AND 10 FLY. This uses boost run so thats 30 WLK. I don't particular find it that hard to shoot when boost run stops me. In my opinion, it helps me in gaining a steady shot when switching from long range to mid range combat. My particular Saggi focuses more on mid range combat so that mobility really helps a lot. I left only 10 FLY because that was all I needed to avoid most land rushes.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:38 am

For my maxis that I play, along side my 2 Shino. The only 2nd main weapon I use is built in the AMs already. I go with the dual shield, but one of my arms is the Boildeck AM. Which has a built in flame thrower, comes with a pretty nice set of bonuses as well. I use it when I see someone making their way towards me, and I just set them on fire. When they turn around, I switch back to railgun and blast them in the back. His core, 2 shields, and that AM is all I really need.

- Narcomoeba
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:19 am

You'd die first before you get to do your dmg with the extra weap and the Railgun, Tho I havent Tried Burners.

Sub Weapons are alright If you can fit some (I mean the Howitzer or the Grandum BS).

I strive for Maximum efficiency, so If I die with one of my weapons still having ammo then thats not good :X

going Railgun only works well actually and add to that the huge Amounts of HP my Build gives me, I do a lot of dmg with it.
Back to top Go down
robinatehisdick2

PostSubject: Sagit w/ 2 linear cannon   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:23 pm

hi guyz, saw a player last night (CBEN), using 2 linear cannon, wat do you think? he charges all weapons and boom release them all almost at the same time, (dual burst)
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 7:47 pm

I have no intention of ever getting it for my maxis. It's not really needed at all. The beauty of maxis is tat you can run around left/right and front/back going outside the enemy's range while still having them on your range. You can do this by simply moving around and keeping the lock for as back as you possibly can, or by going out of the range, then start charging while moving forward.

The problem with having the other railguns is that their range fails horribly. If you are firing from just about the limit of your core railgun, then the RT ones are just too far. If you're firing close enough to have your RT railguns hit... you're just putting yourself in a dangerous position as you're most likely going to be bombarded by a heavy rain of artillery fire and rifle weapons. Which is just a no.

He really only needs one thing, his core. His capacity costs should be used to further enhance his mobility, either FLY or WLK. But you do need some fall back plan to handle things like AIR or LND types. A few things I find that works quite well vs the two are:

Boildeck AM - Has a built in flame thrower with plenty of ammo. The AM still allows you to equip a shield, so you can have your railgun and a burner as a route of escape vs LND types. All these while having 2 shields equipped.

Maril March AM - I forgot which AM I am using but it is the one with 30 Force. This thing alone will pummel any AIR units that gets too close to you. It also hits AIRs directly above you which a lot of AIRs love to do. This AM fire at a pretty good speed, and does huge amount of damage to AIR units. I usually see this dealing 70+ damage per hit, and fires quite fast. It's funny seeing AIRs get too close to you, thinking that they'll have a free kill, but fly away in panic when their HP goes from full to yellow/red. Which also gives you 1 last attempt to finish them off with a railgun as they chicken out of there.

As for the topic starter.
I am only currently lvl 9 and the only thing I have gotten so far as far as his cartridges go are:

Cost up (6X)
Internal Weapons (2X)
Sniper Sight

My final upgrade is going for Broad Radar most likely so I can adjust and position myself better according the enemy locations.

- Narcomoeba
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:35 am

So I got lucky(or maybe unlucky) in the Garapon and got a Maxis II. I didn't think this needed a new thread but is it as good or better then the original? I've been using it and it seems quite good but without the other I can't compare it. I'm down an AM but I've been doing fairly well with a Howitzer and a Large Bazooka (2 cost, 1 internal weapon cart at level 3). I'm not as mobile but I can deal with air and land better. I do like the boilerdeck burner idea, but I was wondering where do you think I should go from here and when I can get more RT if I should just get a standard and work it up.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:30 am

I prefer the original maxis simply because of the range. But that's just me.

How I have currently set up my maxis is something like this:

Dual Missile Bit

Head: Pulsardio HD
Accessory 1: Mascot Peppen
Accessory 2: Intelli Blue
Booster: Amateus BS
Arm 1: Shino Exroad AM + Viper Shield
Arm 2: Boiledeck AM + Viper Shield
Leg: Saggitary Maxis LG

I tend to swap the Boildeck AM with Maril March AM2 depending on the stage and opposing enemy line up.
Sometimes I don't use him at all when things looks unhealthy for him.

- Narcomoeba
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:48 am

zappa1 wrote:
I prefer the original maxis simply because of the range. But that's just me.

How I have currently set up my maxis is something like this:

Dual Missile Bit

Head: Pulsardio HD
Accessory 1: Mascot Peppen
Accessory 2: Intelli Blue
Booster: Amateus BS
Arm 1: Shino Exroad AM + Viper Shield
Arm 2: Boiledeck AM + Viper Shield
Leg: Saggitary Maxis LG

I tend to swap the Boildeck AM with Maril March AM2 depending on the stage and opposing enemy line up.
Sometimes I don't use him at all when things looks unhealthy for him.

- Narcomoeba

hmm.. I think I'll just stick to 2 vip shield.. but when I get the vip shield with 3 slot (from rank up) do you think its better to change the other vip shield to a farming weapon of choice (machine gun or any melee weapon) because it's really annoying when my saggi max wait for any ammo donation or the game ends when I'm depleted of ammo.

and one more, if I manage to get my wlk up to 22 (I've got 19 for the moment) will it still be better if I get a boost run? becase IMO running while charging/shooting saves a lot of hp from ranged attacks but if you got a boost run it'll surely saves you from air attacks and land rushes but you cannot use it while charging cause it stops you from running after you ran out of boost.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:53 am

Farming? As in the outposts?

I always use Maxis when farming while I do indeed run out of ammo, the time is usually almost up, like 2 minutes remaining. If ammo becomes a real problem, just buy "Shell supply" the lowest one should be enough for those last remaining minutes. Or you can just equip either Misside AM or Missile Barrel LGJ for farming at outpost. Should be enough, I got to area 113 with him just fine before the reset.

I don't know how other maxis players have their catridges set up. But for me I would advise against it. What would you use it to get away from? AIRs and LNDs? From what you said you did mention AIRs and LNDs. But those guys are the one's you really wont be able to outrun.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 am

Speedy Maxis > Tecmaxis.
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 am

Running is overrated lol.

I WALK around in my Maxises (well Float since I use Big Mountaiz LG). 12 WLK :X

Boostrun is a double edged sword, Its great that It effectively doubles your available WLK but it saps away precious boost which could be needed when a Marauding LND shows up (even with Boostrun It is heck hard to outrun LND types).

and yes at Nisa, a Moving Saggy is a Happy Saggy.

Congratulations Dractis for your Saggy 2... It is a VERY powerful bot that has a VERY different playstyle from Saggy 1. Saggy 2 is more Fire support than Killer/Destroyer Saggi 1, What you need is mobility so you can zoom in let loose a couple of salvoes then retreat. Tho I do warn that Saggi 2 isnt for prolonged engagements since even when his core is fully upgraded. he only gets 57 full salvoes from his ammo capacity of 230.
He also has less HP and TEC than Saggi 1 so is not for Headon ART clashes.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 am

not in outposts.. what I mean by farming is during arena.. cause rarely there are players using a chibi bots with ammo circle (as what I know) so farming I mean is by killing trees in chance to get ammo supply.

Quote :
Speedy Maxis > Tecmaxis.
what do you mean by speedy maxis? high wlk or boost run? or maybe both?
because my maxis lvl 9 with full exp but I'm not yet decided whether I take the boost run or the last cost cartridge.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:25 am

haures wrote:
not in outposts.. what I mean by farming is during arena.. cause rarely there are players using a chibi bots with ammo circle (as what I know) so farming I mean is by killing trees in chance to get ammo supply.

Quote :
Speedy Maxis > Tecmaxis.
what do you mean by speedy maxis? high wlk or boost run? or maybe both?
because my maxis lvl 9 with full exp but I'm not yet decided whether I take the boost run or the last cost cartridge.
go cost,then tune for 25+ wlk
Razz
i can outrun some marauding lands with this setup (in level 5 rooms that is)
btw shooting ur railgun while running back helps you moves faster (recoil)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?   Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saggitary Maxis Cartridge Builds?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2