Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sharhead

Go down 
+6
Feign
xzpwnz
necrio
Midona
Shaftronics
Xynno
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:20 am

I decided to get myself a sharhead today. I was delightfully surprised. For a medium land type he's quite powerful o.o, asd well as great for crowd control. His melee is great since it is essentially mowing over your oponents, but it does quite a bit of damage and dosn't leave you as wide open as shino exroad. Anyone find this bot pretty good? What are your thoughts on our airboarding friend.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:59 am

I recently started CB 3 days ago, but Sharhead was my first RT bot, and I'm still using him at this time. I've found him to be great on uneven terrain, not stopping his dash even when you fall off a slope, or on certain match-ups where surfing off a cliff so some unwary/distracted support/Land trying to attack/stun you falls off and leaves them wide-open for a BOARD IN THE FACE.

I'm new, so I don't really know the good weapons, but I have a Particle Gun on one hand, and a Custom Gun in another and have a Prop as a BSJ that should be replaced once I rank-up enough...

The weapons leave Sharhead a variety of options and flexibility, in my newbie opinion, at least. I've been experimenting with Dual-shielding and just a shield with a Particle Gun for rushing-in... Its fun, but I'm sure that needs a little more testing from someone with more experience.

All I can say is; I have died from abrupt drops in terrain (barely two steps lower) leaving an opening that most can exploit. However, the Sharhead, even though seemingly kinda slow, doesn't stop for anything, other than a wall or slight elevation.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:35 am

Sharhead is my second best bot for now, and I got a lot (yea, RT, these things...).

I just complain about something about him : his basic STR/TEC stats are kinda low and he's freakin easy to kill once you stopped it.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:47 am

Midona wrote:
Sharhead is my second best bot for now, and I got a lot (yea, RT, these things...).

I just complain about something about him : his basic STR/TEC stats are kinda low and he's freakin easy to kill once you stopped it.
oo la la gift me one XD

if you get killed once you stop, then don't stop!
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 pm

Great leg attack but low stats it needs lotsa customization
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:59 pm

necrio wrote:
Midona wrote:

oo la la gift me one XD

if you get killed once you stop, then don't stop!

Quoted for truth, really. His movement is very fluid, so.you.don't really notice the sense of speed like with the other legged LND bots. I do agree the trade-off of less STR and TEC, but on the bright side, balance em out and a pair of axesword bits will last quite a bit longer... I'm still thinking about what weapons to field him with though. A shield seems to be a good idea, though I'm wondering if I could combo a Slayer with his board though...
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
Quoted for truth, really. His movement is very fluid, so.you.don't really notice the sense of speed like with the other legged LND bots. I do agree the trade-off of less STR and TEC, but on the bright side, balance em out and a pair of axesword bits will last quite a bit longer... I'm still thinking about what weapons to field him with though. A shield seems to be a good idea, though I'm wondering if I could combo a Slayer with his board though...
I'd suggest a machine gunof some type to help him build his wonderbit faster on tree hunting. A slayer might be a good idea as it's ability to hack off limbs never dissapoints me, though it can be a little tricky to use, as it's combo is kind of slow and takes you out of run speed. If used with a single strike, it does not remove running status, however, so it's a better weapon for single precise strikes, or at the end of a combo. Definitely set it up as the secondary subweapon, rather than the primary.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Tried a Rage MG, but didn't like the lack of accuracy, though for farming, sounds like a good idea... I'll have to try that later.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:51 pm

If you use a Burner/Glass Burner, you can air-run off cliffs and burn AIR units while going around. It's fun but not practical.

Also, your FLY determines how long you can Air-run and your WLK determines how fast you move in general.

You can also "jump" out of an Air-run, just in case the platform you're aiming at is just a little higher.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:46 pm

Just put on him a Scouty rifle and a Viper Shield. This is enough to have a nice damage output while avoiding getting stopped.

And still even sliding on air, he's anyway slower than FLY units with FLY=WLK, meaning a crimrose with a beamgun can be often enough to stop you if the enemy know how to follow.
Slide is also considered as a fly movement, meaning missiles get you even more easily than any AIR unit if you're not careful.

"Also, your FLY determines how long you can Air-run "

False if you get the Boost run cartridge. With 12 WLK difference, my sharhead slide fir the same amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:29 pm

Sharhead needs shoort boost.
And Jikun LG's.
Maybe dual ivis swords.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 am

Until I get somet hing worthwhile using, I'm using a Red Screamer AM with a Viper Shield and a Custom Gun. Combos well and its controllable. Though, still kinda lacking in punch, though its hilarious to shake a Jikun or Ouka off a cliff, board em in the face, then slide off while shooting.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 am

now you guys make me want to buy some Rt and spend it on a badass shark

and that is exactly what I'm going to do... once I figure out how to buy ultimate game cards from this certain website

Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:14 pm

If you want to use guns on a LND, this is pretty much recommended... Its almost as if it was made for that purpose...
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 am

Shaftronics wrote:
If you want to use guns on a LND, this is pretty much recommended... Its almost as if it was made for that purpose...
yes, because he won't stop even if he falls
I'd love it.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 am

necrio wrote:

and that is exactly what I'm going to do... once I figure out how to buy ultimate game cards from this certain website

IF you rank up fast enough you will have enough RT.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:59 am

Hyoka wrote:
necrio wrote:

IF you rank up fast enough you will have enough RT.
I rank up

very slowly

thank you

EDIT : okay I figured it out but...
fuck I don't have enough monies Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 pm

So far, its been Mighty Byne AM with a Gun and the other arm with a shield on it. Much more survivable, good Melee, combo-able...

Just thinking about the gun though. Custom Gun, Sweeper Shotgun, a bazooka.. Hm.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Shaftronics wrote:
So far, its been Mighty Byne AM with a Gun and the other arm with a shield on it. Much more survivable, good Melee, combo-able...

Just thinking about the gun though. Custom Gun, Sweeper Shotgun, a bazooka.. Hm.

Don't take shotguns, they're just not worth it in the pvp spectrum in general

(the exception is if you have many of them to fire all at once, thus making your burst damage ridiculously high. However, you'd require Asura AMJ to reach that efficiency, if it's even efficient to begin with)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Magnums or Machineguns are the way to go if you want good shell weapons.

Rifles are good to, but you need a lot of them for them to be useful.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:09 am

NovaZero wrote:
Magnums or Machineguns are the way to go if you want good shell weapons.

Rifles are good to, but you need a lot of them for them to be useful.
custom guns add nice stats and the bullets are quite reliable (thanks to desu for introducing me to this XD)

or use the accelguns. their muzzle velocity rivals the rifles.

But the best weapon would be assault rifle. For a measly 90 cost you get a 3 burst shot and +1 WLK (unlike scouty's horrid stat and ungodly cost for 5 burst shots).

The gun striker would be interesting though. try that out once that's released.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 am

Yeah. I've been coming back to the custom gun a lot myself. Its just perfectly balanced with above average stats, at least for me. I can chase down Airs with it if I have to. Still, Shall we share our Sharhead Builds?

Mine is still stock, with a prop BSJ and right arm replaced a with a Mighty Byne's. A custom Gun on the Byne arm and a Viper Shield in the other, using a pair of Axesword bits because they're cheap...

I'd give stats but I'm not at home right now. Still, Boost Run and hopping makes this really fast and manoeuvrable. Also, you can easily combo the pile bunker with the board. I also tried a Red Squealer AM before Byne. The shoulder Armor helps with defence, though that's up to your preference.

What's yours?

Also, where would I get that Assault Rifle?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Yeah. I've been coming back to the custom gun a lot myself. Its just perfectly balanced with above average stats, at least for me. I can chase down Airs with it if I have to. Still, Shall we share our Sharhead Builds?

Mine is still stock, with a prop BSJ and right arm replaced a with a Mighty Byne's. A custom Gun on the Byne arm and a Viper Shield in the other, using a pair of Axesword bits because they're cheap...

I'd give stats but I'm not at home right now. Still, Boost Run and hopping makes this really fast and manoeuvrable. Also, you can easily combo the pile bunker with the board. I also tried a Red Squealer AM before Byne. The shoulder Armor helps with defence, though that's up to your preference.

What's yours?

I don't believe the Assault Rifle is released right now.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:46 am

Hyoka wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:

What's yours?

I don't believe the Assault Rifle is released right now.

My Sharhead don't agree for two reason : his assault rifle and his assault rifle.

Anyway Assault rifle is not really better than scouter rifle. Often out of the 3 shot burst, only one hit. And you run out of ammo fast. The only more interesting side is the +1 WLK instead of -4 STR and the cheap cost for his capacity.

I won't advice to take Custom Gun on Sharhead. Lack of range. If you want to stay close, using the board to attack sound better. Accelerated gun is really good for a mid distance weapon. The two best set I found with Sharhead is double Assault rifle (RT only) or Scouter rifle+Viper Shield (UC).
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 8:32 am

Screw it, they put assault rifle in the garapons now? I was hoping they'd delay the release..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sharhead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sharhead   Sharhead Empty

Back to top Go down

Sharhead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next