Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with Boost run.

Go down 
+5
Hyoka
Myzr
Suguri
BB
Vizarz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vizarz
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vizarz

Male Posts : 3

Need help with Boost run. Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:35 pm

Question,
Is boost run any good ?
well It makes your bot run faster but when run out of boost It's kinda painfull to walk...
I recently use it on my ouka (finally get one with some sacrifice... maybe I should reset my cartridge....).....
So,should I use boost run or just Improve my walk (with part(s) ) ?
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:41 pm

I don't know if its the best choice, combat wise, but I don't really think tuning for walk can compare to how fast you move with boost run.

It's great for getting in and out of situations.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I just got it for my Ouka, and so far I'm impressed with it. The only thing that worries me about boost run is if you're escaping and you need to jump at some point, or if you just flat-out run out of boost. The speed increase is really noticeable though, and so far I've found it great both for zipping around the map and for getting in, attacking an art or two, and escaping with less damage taken.

I'd say it's really a preference choice as to whether or not you want to use it. It can be convenient, but depending on playstyle may be completely unnecessary as well.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah, I really like Boost Run on my Sup types for getting in and out of situations and, well, supporting.

I don't see it that much used by others though, actually...especially by lands, for some reason. I see a lot more short boosters than boost runners.
Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 am

been using boost run on my ouka for awhile, quite impressed with it
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 am

Simple.

Boost Run requires your robot to be over level 5

Almost all the rooms that are being played nowadays are limited to robots under level 5

But, frog landers can use Short Boost at level 1

Get it?
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 am

Boost Run is quite helpful for me, at least! Smile

Pretty much any bot I use that can have it will end up with it at some point...; large arts can use it to move into and out of firing position in a hurry while support bots(especially if also paired with Stealth) can easily move to where they're needed with far less risk.

...but yeah, keep one eye on that Boost meter!
Back to top Go down
xeon5

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:02 am

boost run is good for chasing fleeing enemy~ anything that increase speed is good imo
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:50 am

For a Shino Exroad, do you think it's better to have Boost Run or go hopping with short boost + quick land?

I've already taken Short Boost, and i've yet to add Quick Land, and i'm thinking i made a mistake.
Maybe i should reset her to go for Boost Run and see if it's more useful, because i don't find the actual jumping strategy very helpful...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:17 am

boost run makes aiming while running difficult though

but yes, an accelsaber (boost run at lv 1 XD) really becomes a racer bot with it.
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 am

Noobish question: does boost run overwrite normal run, like short boost does with normal dash?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 am

S074 wrote:
Noobish question: does boost run overwrite normal run, like short boost does with normal dash?
yes, you cannot run without boosting after boost run

but the "ZOOOOM" feeling... it... can't be described.
feels like an addiction man.

if only night road is still there..................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Boost run.   Need help with Boost run. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with Boost run.
Page 1 of 1