Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meta Game guide

Go down 
+2
MissileGo
FullThrottle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 pm

1.) What is Meta Game?

2.) How can I adapt to it?

3.) How do I beat the meta game?

1.) Meta game is simply a term in competitive gaming that means what most people are using and/or skill sets they're using in order to top. Meta Game is in everything from Pokemon to Card games like Magic and Yu-gi-oh and is very essential for those to know what people are running. This information is important for the ones who are willing to do well in competitive gaming. I know not everyone wants to be in the competitive scene so those of you who don't want to should stop reading this guide right now. Moving on...

2.) Adapting to Meta-game isn't easy since the more experienced players know exactly what works and what doesn't work. Of course, we had like 3 betas to play with things before they released so anyone can benefit from our advice. That aside, adapting to meta-game is really the process of learning how to outwit the pros at this game despite your rank. Well, now that we got that aside, the only real way to adapt to meta game is information and this can be obtained by talking to people about what works and what doesn't work then using that information to find counters to what the meta is.

3.) Beating the meta game is the second to hardest thing one can do in any competitive game because it changes with every new addition to the game. Beating the meta game can only be accomplished, by watching players play and seeing how they play and finding their weaknesses. Once you have a general idea of how things work, you can plan out a strategy for beating the meta game.
Back to top Go down
MissileGo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MissileGo

Male Posts : 113

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:45 pm

A good description on what the meta game is maybe wright up some examples like hoppers etc. ?
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm

I should probably have done that, but I was thinking conceptually, you guys can put up improvements to this and I'll edit my post with the examples. I like to get the community involved in this so one guy doesn't do all the work.
Back to top Go down
MissileGo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MissileGo

Male Posts : 113

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:35 pm

true but god dam hoppers are annoying >->
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 pm

Current meta game :

AIR: small/med airs are the name of the game. Currently people play the following:
-Seraph Crimrose or Izuna Kamui Nagi, with at least 1 mini bazooka, Izuna legs (for tail wisp), 2 wing-plus arm joints. Some go double zookas (most people I've seen) a few go zooka/plasma-gun.
-Heligals are around, but in small numbers.
-Large airs are quite rare, but seem to exist solely to wield the stardust cannon, or the new nimbus arm with its lighting cannon.

ART:
-Lily Rain is the small ART unit of choice, since she's easily obtained by new players.
-Destructor CN is very popular, commonly takes at least one 2way missile launcher or box-missiles.
-Destructor sees some use, but not as much as CN variant.
-Snailbots are also seeing some use.
-Mid size ARTs are very uncommon, and almost exclusively Maril March

LND:
-Almost exclusively Jikun siblings for most matches.
-Accel saber, and Shino Exroad also see some use with varied loadouts.
-Hoppers are rare, used only by a few experienced players to give rookies a hard time it seems.

SUP:
-Laz-chan or Koko gap for common chibi
-Winbell hands-down most common support bot for being free.

Overall:
Most common weapon type: Explosive
Between small airs with minizookas, and alot of ART heavy matches, stuff that explodes is everywhere at the moment.

Biggest deciding factor in a match: Back-line stability
A lot of games I've played have had alot of ART units, typically matches seem to boil down to who can wreck the pile of ARTs without costing too much in the process. If your team is good at killing LNDs that rush, your in good shape most the time. The other is if your team can pick the never ending supply of wisp spammers out of the sky, at which point your LNDs generally have a much easier time getting stuff done.

Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:03 am

in a nutshell Intet basically has put what the EN meta game is as of this month and year. Maybe in a few months, this will change.
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 am

High cost does not always means High grade bot

somtimes i prefer low cost bots becuase it wont let the team down and even if you die you wont lose much BP

unless you are a 3 star or crown ranks player in matches

but what boils down to it is team work

airs dow spam of wist lasers and beams arts do defense of PS or a wall of missile to repel attackers

lands harass the back of the line of the enemy

and supports either heals binds or give burst shots to players

everyone has a role no matter how small if it is hepfull it will help big time in the big picture
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 pm

the meta game will eventually be fat arts go extinct by overpowered lands (ouka, ivis, Jham, BC sword, Garm, and Vanguard Defenser), supports will mainly be seen in tourny only, and air will be the dominate type
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Hobobo
Hobobo

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 1:11 am

technomo12 wrote:
High cost does not always means High grade bot

somtimes i prefer low cost bots becuase it wont let the team down and even if you die you wont lose much BP

unless you are a 3 star or crown ranks player in matches

Like people who immediately rush into frontlines / backline of enemy and attempt to distract with froglander?

Would this be considered a help to do? o.o
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:40 pm

uh-huh
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:06 pm

I should probably bump this up at this point so people can add info to this as needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Meta Game guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meta Game guide   Meta Game guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Meta Game guide
Page 1 of 1