Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guide to ShinoExRoad?

Go down 
+12
CybermanX
Kecepirit
BNOISE
Z741
falconbane
S074
NumeroDoS
Feign
Zelse
Ichijo
Kauhava
Haruhi
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Haruhi
Newcomer
Newcomer

Guide to ShinoExRoad? Empty
PostSubject: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:00 am

Just a question, is she better than Jikun Hu?

And if so, what should I use on her?
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:12 am

An Eight Vulcan and a Viper shield are a good start, though you'll have to change the arm carrying the shield, because Shino's AM has it way too far from the main body for it to be useful.
A Red Squealer AM would be a good choice, good stats and awesome melee.

As for her being better than Jikun...
Played well, yes. But that implies not dying even once, because a good Shino will cost a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 am

Shino + L bazooka + viper, shino + red squealer ams, shino + vulcan.
Back to top Go down
Zelse
Zelse

Male Posts : 95

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I find her stats, along with her size, point her away from using melee weapons. She can equip the bigger machineguns and she's very mobile, so she does do very well with the Vulcans and Machineguns. Use her mobility to harass, hit and run, or go in for the kill.

Jikun has a smaller size and a better melee in his LGs, but Shino has better stats and can equip bigger badder better guns. How that stacks up against each other is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

Shino with Izuna Arms, Viper Shield, and a Payload Rifle is what I ran for a long time. Pretty good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:28 am

If you're going for a melee loadout, switch out her legs with Accel Saber's.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:56 am

Diabolical wrote:
If you're going for a melee loadout, switch out her legs with Accel Saber's.

In terms of status though, which is better? Shino Exroad LG or Accel Saber LG?
Back to top Go down
Haruhi
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:41 am

Um, how do you obtain Eight Vulcan? It's not in any shops and I haven't received any from the Vendors..

By the way, Rage Machinegun or Payload Rifle?
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am

Neither. Stay away from those weapons.
Back to top Go down
Zelse
Zelse

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Ichijo wrote:
Neither. Stay away from those weapons.
Not helpful at all. This is a Guide post, after all. At least say why you'd want to avoid them.

Haruhi wrote:
Um, how do you obtain Eight Vulcan? It's not in any shops and I haven't received any from the Vendors..

Rage Machinegun is doable since Shino has the capa for it. So is Payload, but I never tried using one. I can imagine it would hurt pretty badly though, without some of the drawbacks from Breakers. Just make sure you prioritize TEC. I liked Accel Saber's AMs on Shino, personally.
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:37 pm

I've yet to change arms on my Shino. I installed on her two Accel Saber BS to increase her WLK and used her with two Accell Guns. I think she works pretty well as long range and all speed unit to hit and run.

I saw that red squealer arms give her a rather nice boost on physical damage, so i plan to switch to them while keeping Accel Guns.
That way she'll keep good range and fair damage with guns, and at the same time pack more punch to pummel to death those pesky FLY units when they fall on the ground, along with all ARTS i'll manage to flank.

The point is: is it worth the loss on WLK those arms give to hit harder and broader than with the hidden knife her standard arm has? i fear those 4 points i lose in WLK could be essential for Shino's survival...
Back to top Go down
falconbane

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Specialize with Shino, being an all rounder is horrible (unless you are some elite pro D:) for most players.

Customize her to your own style and purpose, in term of melee, Shino's better as a "punch in the face and get outta there" than a brawler (she's fat and will be juggled if you don't get away). Personally, I use her as a harasser-distraction, on a good day, I can make her run into the enemy PS 6-7 times before dying (with healbreaks inbetween of course, only 1 game I managed to not die at all); if you are were of those supp. bot that saw a shino bearing down on you and then running the hell away/chasing another target, that was probably me I love you Good players with adone lg should be feared, just run the hell away >< They WILL combo and break your AMs if you decide to brawl with them. Learn to air-punch and time the punching (spamming right click does NOT work, also I sometime fall victim to this as well due to excitement of the moment xD). Punching a seraph out of the air is extremely satisfying :3, not to mention it can get you over ledges faster than jumping at times (EXPERIMENT!!). Do note that squealers AM can be dodged quite easily by experienced players, in those cases, get the hell away or switch out the timing with the E key. Avoid long combos, she's big and fat, translates to TARGET when doing long comboes.

tl;dr
Specialize her role
Harass-type melee, this also means learn to pick your target (to ruin their day)
Don't make her brawl unless it's 1v1 and you are good with her
Learn to air-punch and change tempo
Avoid long comboes
Learn to run away when you need to

Of course, this is just my limited experience with her, mileage may vary.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 pm

falconbane wrote:
Good players with adone lg should be feared, just run the hell away ><
Herr Victor kick combos also do a good job of tearing up Exroads too.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Haruhi wrote:

Machine gun does weak damage and tgh causes it's damage to become even less. It only kind of works if you want to hit other land units that move too fast. Doesn't work at all against art or air...

Payload Rifle - No point in having a rifle when you are a melee type.
Plus half the time, you are running really fast and it is hard to aim or spam shots with.

Vulcan - obtained as drop from quests in ground area
Back to top Go down
Zelse
Zelse

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:35 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Machine gun does weak damage and tgh causes it's damage to become even less. It only kind of works if you want to hit other land units that move too fast. Doesn't work at all against art or air...

Air types I'll give you just for the reason that they're out of reach in the first place. But TGH does not lower the damage as much as you'd think. I'd go out on a limb to say that machineguns laugh at Bazookas in terms of DPS. There's no real defense against them, they're crazy accurate, and all you need is a few seconds to see big numbers fly. As long as you're able to get that close to begin with, it'll tear ARTs apart, and there's no chance that they'll get away. Between the poor ground and air mobility, there's nothing they can do.

BNOISE wrote:
Payload Rifle - No point in having a rifle when you are a melee type.
Plus half the time, you are running really fast and it is hard to aim or spam shots with.
Vulcan - obtained as drop from quests in ground area

Being LND doesn't mean it's a melee type, so that hardly applies. Most LNDs have good melee, but there are LNDs that specialize in using Main weapons too. Shino's in that category.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 pm

rage machinegun is just so-so.
if you have eight vulcan use that instead,
if you don't then try to get one instead (seems its dropped is at arcantus, earliest is just after the 2nd outpost).

tried payload rifle, seems decent, but don't expect "you wa shock!".
mostly just for attrition, lacks dps to kill fast or storming. does well to annoy arts tho.

for both, ammo seems to really be a problem. especially if thats the only weapon it brings.
Back to top Go down
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 am

How do you get the eight vulcan?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:42 am

Anyways, machineguns are way too inaccurate to fire while dashing around like mad.

switch to assault rifles or accelguns.
Back to top Go down
S074
S074

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:00 pm

All right, after a few tries i have to say that having two red squealer arms actually works great on Shino, improving her survival in close range a lot.

Losing a few points in WLK is worth the increase in melee power: being a long dash forward as an attack it also helps getting out of melee range quicky by passing through your enemy after delivering a strong blow with your second attack.
Much more control than using her legs or her standard micro-blade in her arm.
Back to top Go down
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 8:01 pm

What about hounddog arms, those arms seemed to work quite nicely when i used shino in beta. You needed alpha or beta's legs though to get a knockback combo.
Back to top Go down
Sutara
Sutara

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 am

Get shino, then put Accel Saber's LG on her, two Red Squealer AMs, Viper shields, Prop BSJ, and the Accel Saber BS....

Easy mode melee.
Back to top Go down
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 2:16 am

CybermanX wrote:
How do you get the eight vulcan?

Killing stuff on Arcantus~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to ShinoExRoad?   Guide to ShinoExRoad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide to ShinoExRoad?
Page 1 of 1