Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

weaponry for Air mechs?

Go down 
+8
Defiance
NovaZero
Lunyaa
KBTKaiser
Rein
Chrysanthe
Skoczypies
Sayuri Chan
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

weaponry for Air mechs? Empty
PostSubject: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:15 pm

well yeah, currently my team is made off of 2 crimroses,. one with dual beam guns and other one with bazookas (that kill 4 FLY .___. )

and an M size artiller (dunno her name but she atacks with musical notes O_o) she have too mini bazzokas along 2 howitzer launchers (that make her look prety much an mini mech with huga azz weapons )

my question, is, sinse crimrose or any air mecha arent made off to engage in frontlines, (like land or artillery)

what kind of weapons would work for them ? i been called chicken many times just cause i fly over their heads droping items and shoothing .____.

also, it might be good add asura joints to crimrose? 4 beam guns might make it (tried with artillery mecha but is over cost far alot )
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm

For yer mechs:

Crimsons: Depends on situation. First round You just have to see if other team is more like ground brawlers, or artillery spammers or flying bastards ;P

So far better would be one with dual beam-type weapons and one with zookas.
Beams are great against ground types and You can switch to zooka for artillery ones if there is more of em.

As for asura parts...I wouldnt even bother with them at first. Firing more then one main weapon not only immobilizes u(root), but also make u fall from safe sky. Later there is upgrade giving u power to move while using all weapons at once... but it's not accesable on lower lvls. Also u need cap for all this stuff.

Maril March: Yeah, I remember her name xD I have one. Also, am using one. Yeah, getting asura to work on her is damn hard. And not so great I think... for her I use ceramic burner and vulcan. I just spamm homing music missles. And then some brawling bastard is heading my direction I just run around him with my cookin' device and usually if 1-1 I just pwn him at ease. In my option You propably have to drop howitzers... but It is good weapon choice for pve and pvp Smile
Back to top Go down
Chrysanthe
Chrysanthe

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 pm

Ignore the chicken calls. You are doing fine.

If you really want to get closer with your Crimroses, though, give Lasers a shot. They don't really do much damage, but you don't really have to aim with them once you have lock, so they're pretty good at chasing Land types. Also, if you are trying to get that close, I also recommend a shield.

Asura joints are expensive to put on...make sure you don't make your Crimroses a big fat points target once you level them up that high.
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Yeah, dats right Very Happy I forgot to tell u srew those chicken callers ;P
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:19 pm

actually,im fond to fire both guns lol (some players, especially misiles spammers, think they ae tanks, i just both shot em with beams lol, ) i was thinking on asura cause i dont many can survive that many shots of beams (4 beam guns + hyper shot, =lulz )

i have currently 20k of UC on nothing better to spend, im avoiding to use lily by all costs cause it became an stereotype mech, i never use stereotype stuff,plus i wanna rock with rose,

Maril March , this, the ultimate lulz is, the howitzers are bigger than hers so you can imagine how ankward it looks, yet is usefull for team battles, ( i snipe all sorts of players with this 8D ) i need to get her better weps though,

my frist rose, i belebe she is fully capacity sinse i dont see the diference on damage with gaurds =/

thanks for your sugerences, i would like to hear more though,

*edit*

forgot to mention, both of my crimroses, have dual J wings trusters, who allow them to fly hyper quick, (hence why i can drop items in their heads lol ) i need more speed still to lose air pursuers .___.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Well.... a (insanely risky-ish) alternative is to put melee on the crim.... though that's not advised since its fragile enough as it stands (aquilia is a better option since it has a built in ranged weapon in its core).

The above suggestion works pretty well as long as you're not drawing 4+ people's fire.... (or 3 or more if using crim)....

*Note, doing this with a crim will make it still less cost-extensive than the rest of your team*

@Sa-chan

Crim and Aquilia are also common air. <-obvious reason....
And Jikun Hu is common land.... <-because its freaken annoying to target.
Lily Rain for art.... <-blame the lolicons.
And Support is rare? O_o Though Winberry is more common than Shine Buster....
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:43 pm

as a general thing in JP, players HATE shinebuster for all the goofing up they do in Missions on higher difficulties due to stupid AI.

Shinebuster= shain basuta-
shain in japanese = employee = Cyberstep employee

yep Cyberstep is out to screw you out of mission runs, so to speak. XD

and once they release some more units, there is a one setup that is fucking terrifying for anyone.

Tarantrick(spider) BD with Winberrl AM. Reels you in with the arms and then puts slow on you due to tarantrick BD's internal web slow. Now add hypershot to the mix.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:03 pm

*rein*

tried with meele before, and crim got toasted, ( by the way, 4chan players tend to use flamethrower more often that most players, that thing is an troller weapon, )

currently trying out 4 beam shotguns ( the spread out should help to hit something whiout aiming much, )

altough im still thinking in x4 handy lasers, or cluster weapons ( an diferent weapon in each arm )

what bother me most is, most of the good weps have negative stats, (just by 4 beam shotguns i got -4 walk, and only 1 walk remaining before 0 .___. )

i take these into consideration, i would like to hear bit more or, ask for an solution regarding negative stats,

*kaiser*

i know the bind efect is full of win, but, im trying to play the game whiout the full thing of cash items, this is to prevent BS wen the oficial thing is open

*edit*

wanted to clarify too, i dont wish to use lily for now, cant esplain why, though

*2th edit*

currently tried stun gun duo but dont work =( kinda works on S or M targets though, (i guess L need ether neutron gun or paralyzer )

ether way im running out of combos of weps for 4 arms @_@

i might try meele again if werent for the fact that im broke ._____.
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:59 am

Don't bother with melee Crimsons unless yer good with it. Roses have low hp + there are lot missle spamers = Bada-boom!
Back to top Go down
Lunyaa

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:34 am

im sry

Last edited by Lunyaa on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:48 am

I'd go beam rifle then. So many people are playing stationary turret it's target practice. XD
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:11 am

My Crimmy's current weapons are a Handy Laser and a Beamgun. Handy Laser for damage and close range combat, Beamgun for mid-range poking.

Crimrose is more of a support attacker(basically, you're supposed to provide back up for your allies by being a really painful mosquito to your enemy) so she really has to focus on speed. The Handy Laser and Beamgun(also some Wing Plus AMJs) will contribute to the speed.
Back to top Go down
Lunyaa

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:33 am

im sry

Last edited by Lunyaa on Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:51 am

meele seems to work wonders on artillery type, (especially with toyboxes ) altough i need an better weapon, i saw some meele weapons that can generate wind cutters while they being swing (that how some people drag me to the ground )

currently tried arena for an while and i got 2 beam machine guns with 1300 bullets each

i know there is an part of AMJs section who generates an shield in the front (not viper ) cost 10k though,is easy to get that amount , that may work?

rifles isn for L sizes?

if not im trying one,

i decided to use asura for quest, and wing boosters for pvp, (quest need plenty of ammo, nothing says that than 4 arms lol )
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:03 am

The slash generating swords are Garapon items, I believe.

I always thought the shield generators were specific to only a few robos.
Back to top Go down
Skoczypies
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skoczypies

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:13 am

But remember to be wise ;P I am example of Toybox hunting down all coming Crimsons ;p If we have misles you can end kinda bad ;p
Back to top Go down
Defiance
Newcomer
Newcomer
Defiance

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:15 am

And I am the Lily hunting down all Toyboxes. I got missiles AND the flying speed of a crimrose (as well as moar HP) and you could end up kinda bad. ;P
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:56 am

As someone who plays Crimrose and frequently comes within the top 5 of every arena match without a single death, here is what I have to say.

Firstly, get a decent weapon. Something that fires fast, has respectable range, accuracy and damage is ideal. Low cost is always a good thing.
Avoid lasers, they are big and green and as soon as you fire one, every artillery on the map will know where you are, and you will die in seconds they also have very short firing times (cannot exploit power points or hyper shot) and lack luster damage. Blasters are also not great weapons, short range, easily noticeable.
An ideal weapon would be a beam weapon or paralyzer (paralyzer is flat out the best weapon for Crimrose).

Melee on Crimrose is often overlooked but very good if you can make use of it. Avoid swords, axes and hammers. They are big and slow, you want to hit and run.
An excellent weapon is actually the beam spear Crimrose B has. It has a very long range and wide hit area, and if you lock onto someone it auto aims for them. It is also beam type and very strong against land (it's range is long enough that you can hit them and they cannot hit back, always use it in the air however). Spears are acceptable alternatives however.

Next, get the air loop abilty you can buy from the shop (not accel dash, but air loop). This is a very, very good ability. If gives you a split second of invincibility when you use it, and with correct timing, you can dodge everything (literally everything). If you are good enough, you can fly straight into a missile, and evade it at the last second.

For Wonderbit. Propeller is ideal. It lets you fly fast and for longer than anyone. With air loop you can infinitely dodge stuff while it is active. It makes you more or less invincible for a good 15-20 seconds.
You really shouldn't consider anything else, but if you have to, 2 medium to long range guns are ideal, again, avoid lasers.

Items that are good for you are Hyper Shot, flame pillar, summon hipporoid and the usualy heal, ammo supply and wonder drug.
Hyper Shot is excellent with some weapons. As mentioned, lasers make poor use of it. A paralyzer however, fires so fast and accurately, that you can stun lock someone to death with it. That Toybox with all his missiles and bazookas? Totally useless against paralyzer + hyper shot. He will be stunlocked and not be able to move or fire back at you. With paralyzer and hyper shot, you can kill anyone, no exceptions.
Fire Pillar and Summon are useful because they work in the air. You can fly in, above most enemies reach, use them, hit the enemies, then fly away without taking as much as a hit. With air loop this is much easier.

Upgrades should mostly be on fly and tech, toughness and hp are always useful, avoid walk at all costs and strength is only useful if you use melee weapons, but should be a very last option. If you upgrade weapons, speed and range are excellent.

Leveling up depends on your play style. Increasing capacity is nice (for paralyzer and more Hp), avoid melee protection (you should never be in melee range), ballistic protection is nice however.
Some of the dash abilities are also excellent, but upto play style. Ground air dash can be very good for quickly moving around, reaching max altitude faster is also nice for escaping land types. Once you get high enough, get ALL stealth type abilities. Being able to shoot people without them noticing you is amazing.

To play as Crimrose. You need to be smart. You are fragile, and easily killed. But you are very fast, small and hard to hit. Never, ever stand still, ever.
Hit and run tactics are your best friend. Get in 2-3 shots, run away, come back and do it again.
Your easiest to kill targets are all land types, large air types and large artillery types. The same tip applies to them all. Never stop moving. A good, easy to use tactic is to circle around them. Keeping them in the middle of the circle while constantly shooting at them. Most will not be fast enough to keep up with, or hit you, while you constantly pepper them with bullets.

Other than this, use common sense. Don't run into enemies 5vs1, you will die (though, a good Crimrose can easily 2vs1 most enemies, especially slower ones and land types), use team work and so on.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Quote :
Other than this, use common sense. Don't run into enemies 5vs1, you will die (though, a good Crimrose can easily 2vs1 most enemies, especially slower ones and land types), use team work and so on.
frist at all please dont mocking me here, im smart enough to not fight an mob =/

now,

my playstyle ( or what most teams like me to do ) is drop items in middle of battle mess ( such hippos and an barrier fields, fire pillars ,,etc )

paralyzer is not an option for me, ( i know already is higher tier weapon like ancient bazooka among others ) im trying to play this game with minimum usage of cash only items, ( i need to get used to play whiout them if i want to survive the oficial release )

beam spears? you mean like maybe dual rapier? currently im using an halberd cause i can dive down to other mechas

i talked to some people before, they sugesthing plasma gun + viper shield but i dunno plasma lacks of ammo, and once it run out , im facked , unless i look for an ammo item, but then team will start to complain (not all teams do, but some tend to )

oh yes, to clarify, i dont use the garapon, i know that thing will end up be an cash thing for sure, so, thats why i use none of the stuff that came from it

misiles is less thing that bother me, cause i never run infront of L art, i rather catch them from behind ( some of these stay in turret mode with howitzer or these nuke types misiles that toyboxes seems to have

currently im planning to use asura to add 4 arms of mary march, sinse crimrose arms add no fly at all where march arms add like 2+ per arm, that would be 8+ fly along with whatever upgrade i can make,

i supose the best bet might be the viper shield+ wide beam gun or plasma, and get that shield thingie from joint parts

*edit* im not really an hardcore player of pvp, i dont care much of the rankings, i just want to be prevent from being kicked for being last rank or 4 last ones
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Paralyzer is just an Elecgun. You can buy two from the shop, Pulse Gun and Electron Gun. For 600 and 1400UC.
They are slightly weaker in terms of damage and have slightly shorter ranges, but are otherwise just the same as Paralyzer.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Garfy wrote:
Paralyzer is just an Elecgun. You can buy two from the shop, Pulse Gun and Electron Gun. For 600 and 1400UC.
They are slightly weaker in terms of damage and have slightly shorter ranges, but are otherwise just the same as Paralyzer.
thats odd, i recall to heard somewhere in the arena that the paralyzer stun way better than electron, O_o

ether way i guess the god tier weapon might be the raw skill i supose
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks for the info on the Crimrose B's weapon... I hadn't any clue about it.... So I'm assuming it has a lock-on cursor (even if you don't have a ranged weapon) since you said it would auto aim. But if not... then w/o a ranged weapon... how would that/it work?

But as to not using swords.... I'm currently using slash blade... since its the only melee weapon with range for its melee... which is very useful for interrupting evasive maneuvers or escape attempts (plus it gives +2 Fly).

And... just wondering, would a Bayonet work? it acts like a spear but also has built in rifle capability plus gives +1 Tech and Tough.

Oh and I know well enough not to fight a mob.... (unless I'm joining in chaotic allied melee situtation where no one would notice one extra crimrose. Hurray for team effort Smile). And erm... an intelligent jikun hu player is bloody annoying to kill....

I'm going to get radar stealth for my crim asap... (was already planning on it).

Er... what is the keyboard key for using the air loop ability? (From what you say I'm going to assume it's necessary to survive if using air melee.....)

*Edit* I've managed to place rather well with my air melee...particularly when the 'team' knows how to co-op.
Except in cases where... the 'team' I'm on has literally no clue how to gain the upper hand in the battle (usually leads to a loss then, plus bloody deaths for me).

And if its heavy fighting I'll usually be using either my Aquilia or my 3rd wheel mech...(aka required optional third member).
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 pm

i supose the best i can do is to continue to poke people with beams to lure them to thier death ( or pursue weakend mechas )

and droping items seems fun, ( at least i get the prize of being best suporter of the match )

seems rose isn made to kill like many other mechas, i guess i better just continue with suport game style than trying to make
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:13 pm

I can score some kills with my Crimrose with a Laser, but then again it's usually because the target's dying and/or I fly in to pursue. If you want to kill in a heated fight, pray you're good at flying.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:19 pm

^ that or an art in turret mode with howitzers

but yeah, im so gething an shield lol, i need protection to drop items on other players xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weaponry for Air mechs?   weaponry for Air mechs? Empty

Back to top Go down

weaponry for Air mechs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next