Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

C.S. guide?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 pm

C.S. has left me a little confused compared to most supports. All of her parts are unchangeable, so I can't throw maid/beryl arms on her and M1+M2 for good damage and wonder bit charge. Her stats are like that of a land bot, but she doesn't have any core melee ability, and again can't be given one via part swapping. C.S. Explosion is short range (and obviously strictly a desperation/humiliation move), so again being in melee range when the timer's ticking is crucial. With only two weapon slots for customization though, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of options.

In short:

1. Should I give her a melee weapon, or blow off her superior STR in complete favor of guns?
2. Any must-have cartridges I should know about?
3. Is it worth upgrading C.S. Explosion? If so, what do the upgrades affect?

*edit*

I'm hoping the lack of replies is just because nobody else has her. :c

Update: Running a lance and an easy rifle on her right now, works great. She can still contribute at range to build up her wonder bit, and her melee damage with a lance is scary; I even beat a Jikun and an Ouka Dayu with it.

Last edited by FunThingsAreFun on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a double post)
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 am

1. put on 2x viper shield
2. run to enemy base
3. activate self destruct
4. ???
5. profit
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Just got internal upgrade at level 5 to buff up C.S. Explosion, and...nothing changed. I clicked on her core part, it's still 60 force and 3 ammo. I was told the radius may have gotten larger, but it still feels the same to me. Can anyone confirm whether or not internal upgrades don't affect it?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Doesn't affect force, cause the real damage counter is maximized when your C.S. has max hp.
So it all comes down to conserving hp and blowing up at the right time.
It should increase your range though by like 20 I think? Don't quite remember the exact number.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:58 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Doesn't affect force, cause the real damage counter is maximized when your C.S. has max hp.
It should increase your range though by like 20 I think? Don't quite remember the exact number.
I guess it does actually affect damage; apparently the explosion is a beam type attack, because the snailbot I tested it on only took 78 damage, but after trying it on a small land type I got an impressive 200 out of it. Considering that, the HP:damage ratio probably did increase. I saw on the JP wiki something about it possibly using TEC as well, but I don't think it was confirmed. Thanks for the help, you saved me from scrapping my level 5 and starting fresh.

With that said, what should I be tuning up? HP? STR? TEC? WLK? Force? Something entirely different?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 am

Suguri wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
I guess it does actually affect damage; apparently the explosion is a beam type attack, because the snailbot I tested it on only took 78 damage, but after trying it on a small land type I got an impressive 200 out of it. Considering that, the HP:damage ratio probably did increase. I saw on the JP wiki something about it possibly using TEC as well, but I don't think it was confirmed. Thanks for the help, you saved me from scrapping my level 5 and starting fresh.

With that said, what should I be tuning up? HP? STR? TEC? WLK? Force? Something entirely different?

Tune Tec, Walk and HP.
You could tune fly if you wanted and go for flying around and landing to heal players and harass enemies with your explosion but it might be hard to pull off.
Force would be useless unless you are tuning for a gun like a shotgun cause the bullets each have a lot of spread cause the force tune costs a good amount compared to other tunes.
And Str - no pt since you wouldn't melee at all.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 pm

BNOISE wrote:

Tune Tec, Walk and HP.
You could tune fly if you wanted and go for flying around and landing to heal players and harass enemies with your explosion but it might be hard to pull off.
Force would be useless unless you are tuning for a gun like a shotgun cause the bullets each have a lot of spread cause the force tune costs a good amount compared to other tunes.
And Str - no pt since you wouldn't melee at all.
Okay, got to the point where I'm ready to start focusing on tuning my C.S., and I noticed HP tunes don't have any alpha, beta, etc. tunes to cut down on cost. Should I use tunes like tank and ranger instead that increase two stats at once, or focus on wlk and tec mainly instead?

For reference, I've got 35 spare cost at level 6. Current carts are:

Raise cost capacity x3
Enhance internal weapon x1
Blast Guard
Boost Run

Also intending to possibly get Moving Burst and a second Enhance internal, giving me 75 cost total to work with at level 10. 12 tuning slots in the combined parts.

EDIT: Scratch Moving Burst, without the ability to add arms or other parts with weapons I'm not seeing how it could be all that useful for her. That brings me up to 95 cost with an accelgun/micro zooka loadouut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

C.S. guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: C.S. guide?   C.S. guide? Empty

Back to top Go down

C.S. guide?
Page 1 of 1