Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Item use guide

Go down 
+6
Midona
Feign
Intet
ChaosOmni
Z741
FullThrottle
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:09 pm

I figure I'll put this up since no one seems to have put this up. Follow at your own risk, but pay attention if you want to do well with items.

Fire Pillar - the bane of most players on CB. Pillars are one of the most important items next to blowers/hurricanes you can get out of trees and cacti. Best use for Pillars are behind enemy lines when they're healing. Throw a pillar their way and no way the healer will be able to react fast enough. Throw the piller and run for your life away from them. Lead them toward your allies and they will fall faster than flies.

Tornado/Blower/Hurricane - one of the 2 best items in the game for obvious reasons. You can push Large arts off ledges, you can push opponents off corners in night highway, you can push damaged enemies toward your allies. The possibilities are endless. Experiment with this for yourself. I'm sure you can find useful ways of using tornadoes. Wink

Repair bit +100
- Most important item you can farm. These things may only heal you 100 HP, but that 100 may save your life. Use when you're at half to low health; Also they fully heal frog landers under 200 hp.

HyperShot
: This is a rather tricky item to discuss cause it has it's uses and devaluable uses. Hyper is good for those with guns that have over 1000 ammo, but I don't recommend using them on an art with missiles/rockets. Hyper is good with almost any gun. Again, experiment at your own risk.

Summon Hipporoid - Great item for causing a bit of chaos near your opponents power spot. Also a good distraction if you're being chased down. Hippos are best summoned 2 to 3 at a time. If you're lucky enough to get 4 hippos in a row, unleash them all at your opponents power spot and let them handle the hippo harassment while you camp and snipe people.

Wonder Drugs - best thing a medic can pick up. Stock these if you're a supporter with a Repair bit. As for arts, lands and airs. I don't recommend using them. You can but again, experimentation on anything but a support is recommended.

Part Restore - I recommend everyone carry at least 1 of these on them at all times. Especially if you're planning on heading into the front lines. I've had my jikun's arms chopped off countless times and had no part restore handy.

I think that's about it. If I missed any items, help me put their ideal uses down.

Edit: Thanks to Mitch.exe for reminding me about the barrier.

Field Barrier - By far one of the most valuble items in the game next to heals. Barriers, if used correctly can let you camp inside caves while your opposition can throw their crap at the barrier and you can plan your next move. It's also great for covering healers near your PS if the enemy is pushing toward your base. Very good item to experiment with.

Thanks to Hyoka for this

Quote :
Also note that Beam Rifles pass through the Barrier, and the real name of the barrier item is called "Field Barrier

and FreedomFighter for this

Quote :
Shell Supply - Fully restore your ammunition to current weapons that you're choosing.
that mean it can fully load 2 wep, Main and Sub.
so switch to wep that you want to rearm before use it.

Last edited by FullThrottle on Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:17 pm

Anti-Radar, AllRepair+50, and Meteor Fall?

The other two being self-explanatory, I always pull back for safety and view the map, just to minimize the chances of teamkilling. Why? Meteors do end up hitting teammates even though they lock on to enemies.

Also I believe Hippodroids do come in 3 [maybe 4, but I'm not sure at all on that one] randomly chosen sizes - mini, standard, and Omega. Omega has a lovely bannhammar to wield and is freaking huge. Razz

Last edited by Z741 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:19 pm

Albeit rare, the Meteor is a great item to use near the end of the match as a coup-de-grâce or maybe even a chance at a comeback.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm

ah, yes, the 3 items that affect all users but are a rare find. Thanks z7.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Meteor Fall - Drops big meteor objects down around you. Be careful as it attacks both your enemies and your allies, thus there is a chance to team kill accidentally. If you use it when no enemies are around, expect your team mates to rage and want to black list you from the game for life, especially if you use it near the ghost trees and someone is seeking health drops and are low on health. You may lol, but you may end up vote kicked from the game for the rest of your life.

Anti-Radar - Blocks the enemy radars from tracking your team. Only permits a short window of opportunity. Great item to use if you can organize your tactics right.

All Repair +50 - One of the rarer item drops. It has similar effective range as Meteor Fall, and only heals you and all allies in that radius.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Hipporoids have 4 sizes

Tiny: small pink ones
Normal: standard red ones
Giga: dark purple/indigo colored
Omega: huge white one
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 6:45 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
All Repair +50 - One of the rarer item drops. It has similar effective range as Meteor Fall, and only heals you and all allies in that radius.
I had no idea, I've only had that item two or three times, and almost always used it like a regular heal (when I'm low on HP and am in a group of friends) and wondered what was so special. I could always see that it gave more support points at the end, but always wondered why. Razz
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 am

Also, item using is greatly depending on which bot you're using and what is you play style. I don't like having a Burst Shot (Hyper shot... what is that ?) with my Seraph Crimrose, but I'm really happy when I have it with my Hoverion (garapon version) or my Amata<3.
Same got for Fire pillar. Which ART care making a LND unit burn to make it reaching you in less time ? My Lily does.

For play style, Hurricane is one of the best items, but I nearly never use it other than as Fuck off item to protect me. I like to ensure my kills, so pushing my aim..... Instead, Burst shot is my favorite item with Repair +100
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 am

I tend to spam them offensively since for whatever reason I tend to get duplicates of Pillars and hippos. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:57 am

ChaosOmni wrote:
Meteor Fall - Drops big meteor objects down around you. Be careful as it attacks both your enemies and your allies, thus there is a chance to team kill accidentally. If you use it when no enemies are around, expect your team mates to rage and want to black list you from the game for life, especially if you use it near the ghost trees and someone is seeking health drops and are low on health. You may lol, but you may end up vote kicked from the game for the rest of your life.

It only drops meteors over the head of every single enemy. <.<
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:22 am

Hyoka wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

It only drops meteors over the head of every single enemy. <.<

I'm pretty sure teammates have smacked me with them before. I saw the guy pick one up, then he walks away and I get smacked with a Meteor fall... IN SHUFFLE. Do you know how rare they drop in Shuffles? They tend to have lower rates on specific levels also. Likelihood it was an enemy was unlikely, it states the names even.

Why wouldn't it also hit your allies? You can smack your allies with Fire Pillar and Hurricane Blow, it's not any different.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

ChaosOmni wrote:
I'm pretty sure teammates have smacked me with them before. I saw the guy pick one up, then he walks away and I get smacked with a Meteor fall... IN SHUFFLE. Do you know how rare they drop in Shuffles? They tend to have lower rates on specific levels also. Likelihood it was an enemy was unlikely, it states the names even.

Item use guide I_dont_even_cat
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 pm

what?
Meteor suppose to drop meteor on top of enemies but it also can be friendly fire.
i don't use it if my allied LND already engaged some enemy since this will hit him instead of my enemy.

also if enemies gathering up at PS to do healing, drop this will cause damage multiply since they're all stack in same pile.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Z741 wrote:

Also I believe Hippodroids do come in 3 [maybe 4, but I'm not sure at all on that one] randomly chosen sizes - mini, standard, and Omega. Omega has a lovely bannhammar to wield and is freaking huge. Razz

the hipos are 4 type, Mini (Pink), Normal (Red) , Mega (Blue) , and Omega (White).

in arena Hipos are summon at random when you use the item, reason why you better pileup the hipos before release it to increase chance get mega or omega.

whine in Quest, you can certain what you get due they tell you which one you got
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:08 pm

I'm however not sure if it will do the same in Epoch, which potentially means that while you guys are saving up Meteor Fall drops to spam on the PS... you're also killing off your already weakened teammates in the cross fire.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm

that is reallly dumb o_o
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 am

Alright now to clear up more questions involving Meteor Fall:

Meteor Fall drops a meteor above the head of all enemies in the match the exact moment it is used. Anyone who is running forward/strafing can escape it easily.

Meteor fall deals Explosion-type damage which can be reduced by taking Blast guard

It can hurt both allies and enemies (and yourself) if they are caught in one of the falling meteors.

About Fire Pillar:

If you use it mid-air or off a cliff, the series of fire pillars will advance in a forward-descending fashion.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:57 am

Quote :
If you use it mid-air or off a cliff, the series of fire pillars will advance in a forward-descending fashion.

same with blowers.
Back to top Go down
mitchi.exe
mitchi.exe

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:19 am

I think you guys forgot the almighty Barrier. Razz
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:46 am

mitchi.exe wrote:
I think you guys forgot the almighty Barrier. Razz

Will add that to main post. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 am

Hmm... does Ammo Restore merit a place here or is it even more self-explanatory than Repair+100?
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 am

Z741 wrote:
Hmm... does Ammo Restore merit a place here or is it even more self-explanatory than Repair+100?

I only listed the most important ones, I could list ammo restore, but it it WAY too self explanitory. :/
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:27 am

you should add shell supply too, some people though it fully resupply your whole bot that not true.

Shell Supply - Fully restore your ammunition to current weapons that you're choosing.
that mean it can fully load 2 wep, Main and Sub.
so switch to wep that you want to rearm before use it.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 am

Also note that Beam Rifles pass through the Barrier, and the real name of the barrier item is called "Field Barrier".
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

FreedomFighter wrote:
you should add shell supply too, some people though it fully resupply your whole bot that not true.

I actually did not know this, but thanks now I know. I knew it resupplied your current weap but was unsure if it supplied your others as well. I'll edit, thank you.

Hyoka wrote:
Also note that Beam Rifles pass through the Barrier, and the real name of the barrier item is called "Field Barrier".

will edit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Item use guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Item use guide   Item use guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Item use guide
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next