Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with Eris build.

Go down 
+2
CxM
paladin7378
6 posters
AuthorMessage
paladin7378
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 135

Need help with Eris build. Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptyFri Sep 09, 2016 11:43 pm

So I never really made my own build before, I was always build fed so I'm pretty much dumbfounded when it come to tuning.

Below is what I got.

Eris:

So I skim the tuning guide and I got the jiss of it.

So right away, I'm missing one more tough to meet the recommended 10 tgh, and I will need to get Wonder Balancer core tune if I read the tuning guide correctly.

Anyways, the idea of this build is to have her go the Darkness Hide route, meaning she will drive in which explains my reasons for the 3 x GC since the tankier she is the better.

That's also mean that I will Guard Drive her for the extra HP + revive

So I'm not sure if Eris need WB to be meta. For me personally, when I play melee, I like to use the WB to dodge attacks.
But if she doesn't need it, then I can make the tec to about -6 and get the tough to go to 15.
So If you guys can give me input on this too then that would be great.

Anyways, after reading and seeing the build, what do you guys think? Is it crap? If not, can it be improve?
Back to top Go down
CxM
SeeSaw Molcar
SeeSaw Molcar

Location : if i'm lagging i'm home, if not i'm at the library.

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 12:51 am

no clue about eris or zeros in general but here are some accepted tips for building

you'll be helpless without boost run on your land.

don't drop tec past 0 if you're gonna raise it. don't do conflicting tunes

don't do the high hp-stat combo tunes.

avoid handhelds IF you can.

don't go crazy with capa tunes, use them to help fit what you want. don't build around capa tunes.

there's a efficiency rule. 5 hp or 1 stat point are each worth 5 cost but alot of tunes are worth more than that. high beast costs 40 capa for 30 hp and 2 str, it breaks even. basic beast costs 15 for 15 hp and 1 str, a net gain of 5 cost worth of stats. even if 2 tunes have the same net gain like ex high tunes and ex great tunes(each providing a net gain of 10 cost worth of stats) it's usually a better idea to go with high tunes since you can fit more of them and basic beasts, ex greats are for when you got extra capa amd no spare slots, prioritize hp, wanna sacrifice a stat, or parts you can move around and lend to other bots for testing.

Last edited by CxM on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 12:52 am

Drop the tech to 0, you can raise your hp or tgh higher in trade of not having WB.

Darkness Hide route would need boost run since you'll be doing alot of hit and run and repeat... It is not as spammable as Glint strike when you are in the heat of battle.

Great Grappler gives you advantage in melee vs. melee, however you'll have hard time chasing low altitude air and other arts, supports, and speedy land shooters in a fight. I'd rather switch them with H.Glad or Slow.

HP only makes you tankier against one-hit attacks... however for multi attacks like alpha air and alpha arts, tgh is always better than hp.

And since Darkness Hide is more about hit and run than the frontliner Glint Strike, I would recommend to get 2x Clearance since you have your CV on rejection so that the annoying debuffs such as slow don't stop you from running back to your medic and Darkness Hide snatch and grab somebody again.

Oh and btw just my personal opinion unrelated to your dream build, for battle arena cards event, capacity tunes are not recommended so that you don't over cost on deaths... rather save those mats to tune for other bots to counter Eris' weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 9:00 am

3x gcapa is horrible, especially on melee without fast recovery. Stick with 1 gcapa(or just hcapa) and revenge: clearance tunes. If you have no clearance and no fast recovery then slow/shock/melt/slow turn/etc will just destroy you.

Here is an example. You can change things around like dropping one of the guard carts to take another capa cart if you want to increase HP for a more expensive build.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
paladin7378
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 2:30 am

Hey sorry for the slow reply. Was gone all day due to work and I was focus on Bazaar when I came back.

Wow a lot of good tips here! Thanks guys!

After reading everything, I think I will remove the needless Capa since I'm basically building around it. Plus, like you guys said, Clearance would be a better choice with this style.

@Pork Chop I just put 3 grappler because a friend recommended it. But she doesn't eris that much (I don't think) so I will take your advice since I feel like it's more meta.

I think I can also imagine playing with a high HP bot but can't escape would be a bad idea haha xD

And thank you @Winty for the build. I'll try to build around that and see what would work for me.

Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 9:47 am

What about broad radar with hide?
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 1:36 am

I did a full eris glint tune with 1 g cappa + 2x clearance while back in July 2015

https://www.twitch.tv/mohvietpho/v/39938196
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Eris build.   Need help with Eris build. Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with Eris build.
Page 1 of 1