Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to put together an Aeolius build.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

Trying to put together an Aeolius build. Empty
PostSubject: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptyFri Jan 08, 2016 12:44 pm

Gameplay is to mainly fly around and use the Charge Beam and Railgun, transforming and shanking lands if needed.

Here's what I've planned out so far, without any EX tunes.

Condensed to save space:

Any comments or suggestions (especially which tunes to be EX instead of regular) would be appreciated.

Last edited by AzureRathalos on Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 4:11 am

First, make it 40 STR 1 TEC no matter what.

Second, unfortunately Wonder Balancer doesn't help much in terms of length of WB duration. Take something else like Wonder Extend or Wonderyze instead.

Third, depends on your playstyle(either hybrid build or shooter specialized bird mode build), take Beam Guard instead. You aren't gonna dealing against melees in general.

Fourth, Boost Drive gives lots of benefit on his melee and maneuver. Take with Accele Roll(1 CVeil).

and last but not least, unless you will be utilizing his melee as hybrid, try other Lv.4 Tune instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 12:40 pm

AzureRathalos wrote:
shanking lands
Don't do this. The melee does beam damage, but it's at its best when it's being used to shank AIRs instead.
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 1:36 pm

All right, then off with the CV, Sword Guard to Beam Guard, 40/38. No Accele Roll, since I prefer not using a time-restricted cartridge in a game where I don't consistently log on.

Changes made:

Diabolical wrote:
AzureRathalos wrote:
shanking lands
Don't do this. The melee does beam damage, but it's at its best when it's being used to shank AIRs instead.

After a number of games with untuned Aeolius, I would actually agree with this. The melee has nice reach to it, but the first swing kicks you up into the air, throwing off your aim. Unless the enemy is a large fatty, the second hit has a chance of missing as you pass overhead and the third hit will always miss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:38 pm

As for Core Tunes, it's been confirmed the bits don't benefit from Wonder Balancer. Wonderlyze is a mandatory tune due to how well it works on him. Wonder Extension looks nice, but you shouldn't take that unless you have no other important tunes. Take a Perilous tune if you decide to go for Armor Drive. Stun Propellant is garbage compared to every other Boost Drive cart, so opt for Propellant Armor instead.
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 3:51 am

Just a minor update on my build decisions.

For the Drive, I think I'll be going with Boost.
HP Up 30
Augment Thrusters
Fall Charge
Eco Boost
Stun Recovery(Lv4) (if it actually does reduce stun effects down by one level) or Propellant Armor

For the Core Tunes, Wonder Extension is staying, since I like the buffs and extra firepower gained when the Aeolius WBs get going. I don't know what else I'll add and I'll probably just take my time, gather info, and figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to put together an Aeolius build.   Trying to put together an Aeolius build. Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to put together an Aeolius build.
Page 1 of 1